CP’s Talon Rebuild

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
But…everyone says the I-4wd does as good, lol. Didn’t get into heavy mud but you could see and feel it in snow. There were only a couple times did I wish for the locker, there were times. Other times I felt like I was purposely beating on the front end to bypass it. I think other then heavy mud we were specifically finding it’s downfalls.
Bulls*** it has same traction but it did better then I thought it would. Momentum is important. Most of the time it was just fine and felt good, but those would’ve been times I was in regular 4wd in Pioneer not lock, it felt like that to me.
She did it though and won’t be punished by a rock crawl like that every trip out.
As far as suspension goes…it’s really good at high speed and takes hard hits like a champ however probably 8hrs of straight hitting big rocks and logs I’m a bit sore today. Like bad. I’d be too in pioneer though probably.
Need some more time and average our riding some out before a locker or suspension is considered. I don’t love the ratchet locker and don’t want to send shocks off, but we’ll see. I knew downfalls coming into this so that stuff isn’t yet bothering me. She is fun
FB IMG 1649620251854

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Well we started the weekend only Sxs’s in a big Jeep ride, and our friend in the crawler Toyota. Like what you see around, 3/4 the Jeeps went for one of the two dirt road rides. Us of course went the way of the more extreme group.
We started ride in back and had no problem getting out front. Talon felt best around 3-4mph in low so I kept it there when possible but there was just a ton of really slow crawl stuff. Half way up the 15 mile waterfall it was just down to us and two crawlers, a stock looking Jeep that had all the goods and a bad ass custom Bronco. Because of the size of the Talon and on this particular ride the Talon was incredible. f***ing incredible. I-4wd was good I only felt front end jerking for traction a couple times and did the climb great. Struggled a bit over debarked logs and a couple sections but easy and really did well.
We ran so well our group was only that hit the top and continued to the trails and some creek rides. Two Talons and a Toyota crawler. Up top it was cold and snowed heavy on us. We continued on. Rode 10 hrs straight all heavy terrain, most all terrain you can get into.

View attachment 329003View attachment 329004View attachment 329005View attachment 329006

View attachment 329007View attachment 329008View attachment 329009View attachment 329013View attachment 329014View attachment 329015View attachment 329016

View attachment 329017View attachment 329002

View attachment 329023View attachment 329024
View attachment 329012
Flipping awesome pics CP!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So would a krx fit on those trails🤣🤣🤣
On this particular ride a KRX would’ve done better tbh. Lots of room unlike many areas we go. But very doubtful as much fun. Easier is almost never as much fun.

Last edited:
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
On this particular ride a KRX would’ve done better tbh. Lots of room unlike machine areas we go. But very doubtful as much fun. Easier is almost never as much fun.
I wish the krx was just a little narrower. TripleB just about had me wedge between trees 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 but I made it through and all that happened was a mud flare ripped off and some sticker damage 🤣🤣🤣🤣

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wish the krx was just a little narrower. TripleB just about had me wedge between trees 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 but I made it through and all that happened was a mud flare ripped off and some sticker damage 🤣🤣🤣🤣
We did get in between a few rock sections that would’ve been a little more struggle for you and that’s why Jeeps didn’t go all the way. My buddy in the Yota had to learn a couple trees off of the path, that they grew up in wrong area.
You would’ve liked this one, that is what KRX is made for. We did go 3/4 way up this on a night ride but a few broke a few machines. Wolverine was actually left till the next day. It’s much worse then it looks but fully doable.
You make it this way Pinterest will be one of the overnight stops, no I wouldn’t take you to Maries or the Cliffs, it wouldn’t be funny to do to someone making the trip out here. Be more fun to just enjoy the trails and have a good time.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Things definitely got more expensive with build back better didn’t they?
Sure did, we'd have to skip out on all our outta town rides like the T.O and the M.O.M ride to able to slum it and make it out by you 😔

Almost a 48 hr one way trip (towing) I'll make it out there sooner then later bud 🤞 and even though I'm not much of a drinker we'll have a few 😉 👍 I need to earn one of them Idaho bush whacker stickers 😂😂😂

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sure did, we'd have to skip out on all our outta town rides like the T.O and the M.O.M ride to able to slum it and make it out by you 😔

Almost a 48 hr one way trip (towing) I'll make it out there sooner then later bud 🤞 and even though I'm not much of a drinker we'll have a few 😉 👍 I need to earn one of them Idaho bush whacker stickers 😂😂😂
You’d have to at least have a few on a night ride😉

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does anyone else get bummed during the week towards the end of a build that the packages are slowing down and continuously looking for emails and texts to see what you’re going to be adding shortly but little there? Asking for a friend. It’s like Christmas ended.

advertisement