HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I‘ve been noticing the Talon seats sit me too straight up and pushed forward recently. I met a guy with a Talon X and while I was sitting in the cab, checking out his setup, he asked - ‘notice anything different?’

Yes, I do, I’m not getting pushed forward. :eek:

He had 1-1/2” spacers in the front and 1” spacers in the rear, raising his seat. I’m going to try those dimensions, they were just right for me.
Jeep risers fit perfectly and you can find them pretty cheap on eBay in a multitude of sizes. I went with 1.5" and it was like driving a different machine. I'm 5'11" and why the 1.5" I can see just over the top of my bumper now. Be really simple to make some too, but they are pretty dang cheap on eBay.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Let me know about that '22 display. I don't have plans to relocate mine but I do like what they've done with it.
The wiring is different due to the Live Valve and Launch Mode being integrated in the cluster so I don’t know yet but decided to see. I liked the layout better.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the dash nameplate done tonight. Spent my lunch getting the nameplate done so could install real quickly tonight.
Went pearl white background to tie in the speakers as well as match the outside. Also repainted the nameplate to match interior trim and the blue on fenders rather then roll cage. I custom tinted that as well.

View attachment 325033

From certain angles the white has a 3d look because it’s 1/2 below nameplate on opposing side of the clear Lexan. I love that, doesn’t just look like a sticker.

View attachment 325034

this is lit up with interior console lighting on

View attachment 325035

Then in dark

View attachment 325036

Blue automatically comes on with key but when switched on it’ll light up whatever color speaker/rings and soon headlights, whips and ground lighting does as well as beat to the music.Passengers will remember they are in a Talon not some pos RZR😉
Is it dimable?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oooo thats intriguing!
where did u get it and how much did it set u back if u dont mind me asking?
Cluster was only 99 at Ron Ayer’s. But needs at least harness, don’t do it until can see if it works. Harness and relocation kit on backorder but supposedly off here shortly. Whole deal including screws, gauge, housing and harness is 175.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Cluster was only 99 at Ron Ayer’s. But needs at least harness, don’t do it until can see if it works. Harness and relocation kit on backorder but supposedly off here shortly. Whole deal including screws, gauge, housing and harness is 175.
Dam that aint bad! Mine is non live valve don know if that will make a difference? Im interested to see how she works!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dam that aint bad! Mine is non live valve don know if that will make a difference? Im interested to see how she works!
I am showing 2 different gauge clusters for 22 talon which is surprising. One is LV and one isn’t. Wasn’t that way before, cluster fit everything including the 1000
I would assure non LV is direct plug and only reason LV isn’t is because the 21 down LV harness splits for the second light panel. Can’t confirm that yet though. If this doesn’t work for me I’ll pick up the non LV cluster and see.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am showing 2 different gauge clusters for 22 talon which is surprising. One is LV and one isn’t. Wasn’t that way before, cluster fit everything including the 1000
I would assure non LV is direct plug and only reason LV isn’t is because the 21 down LV harness splits for the second light panel. Can’t confirm that yet though. If this doesn’t work for me I’ll pick up the non LV cluster and see.
They moved the LV indicators from the dash into the cluster and eliminated the one in the dash so that now makes 2 different clusters.

The '22 harness will not fit. The '19-21 harness included the cluster, power plug and dash switches all in the same harness and a separate pigtail from the main harness for the LV indicator. The '22 split that up into 2 harnesses, one for the cluster and the other for the power plug, and dash switches and then removed the pigtail and combined the LV wires into the meter harness.

You will need to make a very custom harness or hack it all up to make it work or use the non-LV cluster (assuming they didn't change the plug or pin locations) and move the LV indicators to the center (the LV pigtail will reach that far).

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They moved the LV indicators from the dash into the cluster and eliminated the one in the dash so that now makes 2 different clusters.

The '22 harness will not fit. The '19-21 harness included the cluster, power plug and dash switches all in the same harness and a separate pigtail from the main harness for the LV indicator. The '22 split that up into 2 harnesses, one for the cluster and the other for the power plug, and dash switches and then removed the pigtail and combined the LV wires into the meter harness.

You will need to make a very custom harness or hack it all up to make it work or use the non-LV cluster (assuming they didn't change the plug or pin locations) and move the LV indicators to the center (the LV pigtail will reach that far).
Ya I’ve been concerned that might be the outcome, possibly have to go with non LV. It’s already on order in case. That’s why I’ve suggested don’t buy anything until some sees what works.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Talon did it’s first tow today. Daughters car broke down so we went to get it. She was driving Talon and thought it funny to take me around the field. Everyone knows I follow the owners manual so I hope an Xterra is within towing capacity, don’t want to do anything that’s not expressed to be ok by corporate.

66A86E7E B108 4AFF 8FFA 24B40663AB90

B0CC62E8 3647 43AE 9C9A 647BFA927955

advertisement