Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And success. Bigger rig then the Pioneer but she fits. This will be home of the Pioneer but for day trips or weekends when we’re not using it I wanted Talon to fit. So much more economical and easy without trailer, truck doesn’t know it’s there😉
That’s what I built new tailgate for, so can haul one and still pull the toyhauler. Wish I’d done that years ago.
1AE2C859 B876 4116 A29D EE007A892D6F

Last edited:
Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
Does anyone else get bummed during the week towards the end of a build that the packages are slowing down and continuously looking for emails and texts to see what you’re going to be adding shortly but little there? Asking for a friend. It’s like Christmas ended.

^no, this stuff gets to be so expensive that it's nice when it's over. Also what I did with bolting a few add ons and maybe some tires is pretty far from what I consider a build. Op, what you did, I consider a build because of the depth of the work.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
And success. Bigger rig then the Pioneer but she fits. This will be home of the Pioneer but for day trips or weekends when we’re not using it I wanted Talon to fit. So much more economical and easy without trailer, truck doesn’t know it’s there😉
That’s what I built new tailgate for, so can haul one and still pull the toyhauler. Wish I’d done that years ago.
View attachment 330181
Pics of the tailgate! And ratchet straps!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
^no, this stuff gets to be so expensive that it's nice when it's over. Also what I did with bolting a few add ons and maybe some tires is pretty far from what I consider a build. Op, what you did, I consider a build because of the depth of the work.
Just missing the delivery trucks not the expense of them. And I don’t miss the overtime side job hours that made it possible. I think I was about 4hrs OT to every hour working on the sxs, rough for a couple months.
Just miss the thrill of thinking about something then getting it done. I don’t follow very much so it’s always exciting to see things come together and see that it works. Happy though it’s time to ride!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Pics of the tailgate! And ratchet straps!
Only pic I currently got of the tailgate on truck is in early stage.
And no ratchet straps yet, have to build eyelets inside box at camper tie downs.

778950A6 BB64 4C96 8504 81C4BA77767B

oh and gotta pretty nice suntan from building the gate. Ima a dummy for not wearing long sleeve while welding.

CCF8CDE0 5F37 4D0A AB04 7A8A64A5C0DB

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Suggestion

Adjust the angle on the hitch. Tilted to far back imo.

Tailgate looks solid.
On purpose, wanted more but all I could get. It’s called a dove tail brother. Less ramp angle. Almost didn’t do it because I figured everyone would say something lol.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm talking about the ball on the trailer hitch not the tailgate
Oh. Ya I was playing around with it seeing how far back I could get trailer for jack to clear stock tailgate before deciding on building shorter tailgate. Plenty of clearance now, I’ll get it back straight!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How much shorter is that then the tailgate?
3.5” shorter. There’s 3 to jack handle, should be plenty to allow for offroad approach angle. Allows about a 70 deg jackknife.
Machine in bed could have 7” more wheelbase and about any overhang.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
3.5” shorter. There’s 3 to jack handle, should be plenty to allow for offroad approach angle. Allows about a 70 deg jackknife.
Machine in bed could have 7” more wheelbase and about any overhang.
Looking back at the pic of the jack, you thought about cutting off handle and welding a socket? I've seen it done on a cpl trailers it work good

advertisement