P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
It doesn't fit on our trails here... too wide.
Understand. I am on the fence. Took one out for a couple of hrs this last weekend and the only way I could justify it would be to keep the 700 also which the practical me says no. I need a dump bed and how many times a year do I get to just trail ride with roads mixed in. Practical me is no fun sometimes. 4 seater 1000 is an option also.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Understand. I am on the fence. Took one out for a couple of hrs this last weekend and the only way I could justify it would be to keep the 700 also which the practical me says no. I need a dump bed and how many times a year do I get to just trail ride with roads mixed in. Practical me is no fun sometimes. 4 seater 1000 is an option also.

I'm with you. I don't really want a sport machine either.

This is why every other manufacturer but Honda has a 'recreational' line, and we're modding utility models. 🙄

(I love my P5s . . . )

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
My P5 and I hosted an all girl Buggy ride on Saturday. We had 5 of my closet friends, including my daughter there. It was great fun and I might have 2 more ladies excited to be driving their buggy’s… We had a 700 and a Rzr in our group. View attachment 406080View attachment 406086

Congrats on a great day! Had the hubbies jealous as hell! #tacoride

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5

This is why every other manufacturer but Honda has a 'recreational' line, and we're modding utility models. 🙄

(I love my P5s . . . )
I hear ya. My 700 does everything and more than I need it to do. Really the only thing I would like is better 4 up riding and maybe a little better cruising speed on roads. Everybody talks about how load they are. Ride in a kawasuki tyrex or even an rmax at speed. There all loud. probably the best value out there IMO is the pioneer 1000 4-seater or the wolverine 850 4-seater. I know it will be honda or yamaha if I do change. Pretty much made up my mind the Talon is a no unless I move out of Florida and the riding changes to justify 2 machines.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Put falcon ridge doors on. The instructions suck, but got er done. They do great job blocking the breeze at speed. For 140 bucks I think they'll do just fine.
Put mine on too and I honestly glanced at the instructions and threw them on the bench. There was no way they were going on the conventional way anyway. Pretty straight forward other than where you'd want to put all that sticky velcro tape. I only ended up using one small piece and it's tucked behind the passenger side. Had to take a lot of sh!t loose and had to lose a couple green led strips I had for interior overhead lighting but they went on. I'll probably put the full shield on this weekend and post some pics. Not expecting a great seal or anything but like you said, for $140....

advertisement
KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I really enjoyed the Talon… mostly for the speed off the trails and for the “point and drive” ability when I am by myself .. so I can actually enjoy the scenery. Driving a P500 is fulltime on a trail.. which I really enjoy also. Would also be fun to tackle some bigger challenges that the P5 can’t handle.. eventually.. but I am just not there yet.

(I love my P5s . . . )
I do love my P5.. the thing is so much damn fun!!!
That's why she left it at camp that day!

oops, i wasn't 'sposed to say that...
Shhhh.. that is our secret.

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
It’s only 4 inches wider than the 700. I have heard that even 1 inch can make all the difference in the world though
I agree an extra inch makes a big difference! 🤣🤣

The 700 barely works in some spots here; the best places, usually.
Very true!

advertisement