P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
LYE Camp

Lower Your Expectations 🙂
Don’t let him fool you @The Green Goat… his place is fantastic… this ride we did a potluck, campfire and watched football post ride!

IMG 5057

IMG 1032

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The Repairus needs a serious trip to either a vet or a junkyard.
During September and October we help our neighbors with their corn maze. They have a golf cart and Repairus. So far this year the golf cart has been down till yesterday when it got a new clutch. The Repairus is still down and torn apart. When it is working that thing is big, noisy, and rough riding. Yes, it does carry a much bigger load when it works. To be fair it is older and has had much more use than our P5. The neighbor loves riding on the P5 because it is a smooth ride and quiet enough that we can talk while riding. AND IT WORKS. This past weekend I put the doors back on the first time since I got it in June. They weren't tight like car doors but were nice for keeping out the cold wind and rain.

Also Sunday morning talked with a friend at church who has a 2 seat RZR. He likes his machine and doesn't want a 4 seat because friends would want to ride with him. "I like my friends but sometimes I like to keep them at a distance. This machine is for my wife and me." They will be going with us to Centerville, Mi Oct 21 for the St. Joeseph County color ride if he isn't in the field helping his brother with harvest. This is a ride to raise money for the St. Joseph County fair and 4H. If anyone is interested in it send me a PM. Camping is available Friday and Saturday nights. Looks like it will be fun. We won't be camping since it is so close home.

advertisement
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I really enjoyed the Talon… mostly for the speed off the trails and for the “point and drive” ability when I am by myself .. so I can actually enjoy the scenery. Driving a P500 is fulltime on a trail.. which I really enjoy also. Would also be fun to tackle some bigger challenges that the P5 can’t handle.. eventually.. but I am just not there yet.
That's what I learned riding in and driving different buggies at the MoM ride. The P5 is a lot of work compared to the others.

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
That's what I learned riding in and driving different buggies at the MoM ride. The P5 is a lot of work compared to the others.
Exactly! It is a lot of work.. and majority of the time I love it and have a blast doing it. Nature is a big love of mine... and as I said there are times I wanna just enjoy it. One of these days that will out way my desire for the fun of driving the P5, and then I will upgrade.
This machine is for my wife and me.

That's the way I feel about it.
You guys have so much fun in it! It suits you both.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Me & KyGal put up a hunting blind and freshened the salt sites. Not a lot of deer traffic here but we're always hopeful.

The blind is in a power line cut, which is a work in progress. Credit to @KyGal83 for the pics.

IMG 20231012 213138

IMG 20231012 213124

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Me & KyGal put up a hunting blind and freshened the salt sites. Not a lot of deer traffic here but we're always hopeful.

The blind is in a power line cut, which is a work in progress. Credit to @KyGal83 for the pics.

View attachment 406642
View attachment 406643
Nice, Is this on your property or public land. Most of our sled dog training trails in the Keweenaw Peninsula, in Michigan UP are on seasonal roads, forest service roads and power line cuts. The ones near Mancelona in the LP are also seasonal roads, state forest land and power line cuts across a friends 160 acres. Here in Indiana many of the mushers train on our private trails on our 300+ acre farm. Right now we have a little over 3 miles of trail available. When the corn and beans are off we will have about 10 miles. Private primitive camping is at out half acre pond. I may be able to be persuaded to allow people close by to run SXSs on them if they can share with sled dog teams. This year they will also be pulling the P5. It has been warm enough that we only have 2 runs in yet with the P5. If anyone shows up to run we may do some arm twisting and force them to help handle dog teams.

1129211530a Burst01

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Exactly! It is a lot of work.. and majority of the time I love it and have a blast doing it. Nature is a big love of mine... and as I said there are times I wanna just enjoy it. One of these days that will out way my desire for the fun of driving the P5, and then I will upgrade.

You guys have so much fun in it! It suits you both.
I don't see a thing wrong with the P5's

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nice, Is this on your property or public land. Most of our sled dog training trails in the Keweenaw Peninsula, in Michigan UP are on seasonal roads, forest service roads and power line cuts. The ones near Mancelona in the LP are also seasonal roads, state forest land and power line cuts across a friends 160 acres. Here in Indiana many of the mushers train on our private trails on our 300+ acre farm. Right now we have a little over 3 miles of trail available. When the corn and beans are off we will have about 10 miles. Private primitive camping is at out half acre pond. I may be able to be persuaded to allow people close by to run SXSs on them if they can share with sled dog teams. This year they will also be pulling the P5. It has been warm enough that we only have 2 runs in yet with the P5. If anyone shows up to run we may do some arm twisting and force them to help handle dog teams.

View attachment 406652
Malamutes? We've had a couple. Really too warm here for them in the Summer.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
advertisement