P500 PSA: Do you know where all your exits are?

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
the Talon.
The dude abide

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I am becoming the queen of the P5 flop... starting to rival Lee with those. If you trail ride a P5 it is inevitable and unavoidable... at some point you will flop it. I recently had another flop that put me in a precarious situation, and had me asking myself....

Do I know where all my exits are? How quickly can I get out of this thing?

For several years.. (several of you can attest to this.) I was terrified of flopping my P5 over. I was worried I would get hurt, or hurt my P5. I did not know what to expect, how to get out. Which meant I did not push it to better my driving skills. Now I have had several flops that range in severity. Not all flops are the same. So if you haven't flopped one, here are some scenarios I have experienced and maybe can help others to be prepared. Of course there is the number one solution.... Don't flop! But where is the fun if you don't push your comfort level a little.

1st Flop:

This one was basically a nothing of flop on to an embankment and wasn't fully on my side. It was more of a bad tilt. This one did not require me to exit or even unbuckle. (That is not usually the case.) SmittyP & Futzin were able to right me in a matter of a minute and on we went.

View attachment 444345

2nd Flop:

Fully down. Came around a corner too fast to slick ruts, got cross threaded on them and did a front tire pirouette to a slam down on the passenger side. This one HURT! Bruises, sore muscles, twisted my wrist, banged up my elbow and shoulder. It took some time to get me out and climbing out of this one was a challenge. It took several people to assist my exit, I am very grateful for all their help.

View attachment 444346

3rd Flop:

Not my brightest moment... 10 days post abdominal surgery. I will fully admit I had no business being in a buggy. Poor judgement on my part. But I love it and really, really wanted to be out there. This flop was on our local trails, where I had never flopped before. Once the flop happened. It took over an hour to right it again. I was stuck inside the buggy the whole time. Unable to get out, unable to help right it, because of being limited by my surgery. I was unable to hoist myself out the opposite door, as there are no places to step inside a flopped P5 to assist climbing out. My rear rack setup does not allow we to climb out the rear window, and being fully down does not allow the windshield or roof to be removed. So hanging out inside was my only option. An option I was not happy with because I could not assist in "righting my wrong."

View attachment 444347View attachment 444348

4th Flop:

This was fully down flop on a hump. TheGreenGoat, Red500, JayPro and Futzin were able to right me enough, and provide counter weight to drive on up the hump and out.

View attachment 444349

View attachment 444350
View attachment 444351

MORAL OF THE STORY:

How do you plan to exit your P5 if any of these happens? Do you have a plan?
It looks like flop 1 2 4 was at windrock with me. So maybe you shouldn’t let me pick the trails 🤣🤣🤣

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
It looks like flop 1 2 4 was at windrock with me. So maybe you shouldn’t let me pick the trails 🤣🤣🤣
Yes they were and I love the trails you find for us. Always a challenge, but not too much. Keep it up!

#1 Brad was leading and you were behind me. #2 It was the day we had all those P5’s on trail 13 and had that big washout in one of the first big dips. #4 was that Saturday we all met up at Brain Rock.

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Yes they were and I love the trails you find for us. Always a challenge, but not too much. Keep it up!

#1 Brad was leading and you were behind me. #2 It was the day we had all those P5’s on trail 13 and had that big washout in one of the first big dips. #4 was that Saturday we all met up at Brain Rock.
Well, the first one is Brad‘s fault he was leading. so I’m only 50% of the blame. I can live with that 🤣🤣

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is what he usually says but in this one before we started he said “ It’s pretty rough, you guys will prolly turn over a couple times, but you won’t die.” 🤣🤣
Mr Sixteen+4 I think wants to be in one that turns over next week. I’m hoping it isn’t mine.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I am becoming the queen of the P5 flop... starting to rival Lee with those. If you trail ride a P5 it is inevitable and unavoidable... at some point you will flop it. I recently had another flop that put me in a precarious situation, and had me asking myself....

Do I know where all my exits are? How quickly can I get out of this thing?

For several years.. (several of you can attest to this.) I was terrified of flopping my P5 over. I was worried I would get hurt, or hurt my P5. I did not know what to expect, how to get out. Which meant I did not push it to better my driving skills. Now I have had several flops that range in severity. Not all flops are the same. So if you haven't flopped one, here are some scenarios I have experienced and maybe can help others to be prepared. Of course there is the number one solution.... Don't flop! But where is the fun if you don't push your comfort level a little.

1st Flop:

This one was basically a nothing of flop on to an embankment and wasn't fully on my side. It was more of a bad tilt. This one did not require me to exit or even unbuckle. (That is not usually the case.) SmittyP & Futzin were able to right me in a matter of a minute and on we went.

View attachment 444345

2nd Flop:

Fully down. Came around a corner too fast to slick ruts, got cross threaded on them and did a front tire pirouette to a slam down on the passenger side. This one HURT! Bruises, sore muscles, twisted my wrist, banged up my elbow and shoulder. It took some time to get me out and climbing out of this one was a challenge. It took several people to assist my exit, I am very grateful for all their help.

View attachment 444346

3rd Flop:

Not my brightest moment... 10 days post abdominal surgery. I will fully admit I had no business being in a buggy. Poor judgement on my part. But I love it and really, really wanted to be out there. This flop was on our local trails, where I had never flopped before. Once the flop happened. It took over an hour to right it again. I was stuck inside the buggy the whole time. Unable to get out, unable to help right it, because of being limited by my surgery. I was unable to hoist myself out the opposite door, as there are no places to step inside a flopped P5 to assist climbing out. My rear rack setup does not allow we to climb out the rear window, and being fully down does not allow the windshield or roof to be removed. So hanging out inside was my only option. An option I was not happy with because I could not assist in "righting my wrong."

View attachment 444347View attachment 444348

4th Flop:

This was fully down flop on a hump. TheGreenGoat, Red500, JayPro and Futzin were able to right me enough, and provide counter weight to drive on up the hump and out.

View attachment 444349

View attachment 444350
View attachment 444351

MORAL OF THE STORY:

How do you plan to exit your P5 if any of these happens? Do you have a plan?
If you had a pair of these on your p500 you’d be set!

IMG 7003

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Really? 🤔. I don’t plan to flop a Talon.

🤨

In case it happens…here’s some light reading.