HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Do you think my antenna will clear the filter that high pocket will be shipping with?View attachment 314070
I'm not sure on the dimensions of the filter Brian's selling with the kit. I'll get a side shot of the clearance I've got between the window and filter though if that will help you (we've got different rear windows). You'll be really close to touching I bet.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Do you think my antenna will clear the filter that high pocket will be shipping with?View attachment 314070
Pretty sure the filter will not interfere with the antennae. the filter sits much further back between those 2 fender screws.
Down load this template, print it "actual size". Use it to locate the center of filter and the R2C filter is 5" diameter from that center point.

Attachments

• Talon pre-filter fender hole template_Rev-2-Model.pdf
    81.9 KB · Views: 145
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
@highpocket74 I am just checking if I was on your list? Earlier on I said I would take 2 but didn't know if I was on your current list? Let me know thanks. I will be riding with @Adam490 in February and I can't have his machine be cooler than mine!! 🤓 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: CID and Montecresto
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
@highpocket74 I am just checking if I was on your list? Earlier on I said I would take 2 but didn't know if I was on your current list? Let me know thanks. I will be riding with @Adam490 in February and I can't have his machine be cooler than mine!! 🤓 🤣
You’re on the list for 2.
definitely can’t be out cooled by Adam!

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Pretty sure the filter will not interfere with the antennae. the filter sits much further back between those 2 fender screws.
Down load this template, print it "actual size". Use it to locate the center of filter and the R2C filter is 5" diameter from that center point.
I’ll do it Thursday when I’m back at the house and let you know. I can always move the antenna I suppose if I have to. :)

Reactions: Smitty335
Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’ll do it Thursday when I’m back at the house and let you know. I can always move the antenna I suppose if I have to. :)
Re antenna move..

Just a thought...

Might be a good idea to move the antenna anyway. Having the antenna element so close and parallel to the metal window frame it
has an effect on the radiation pattern of the antenna making it directional, so more signal in some directions and less in others.

Indiana SxS

Indiana SxS

Jan 2, 2019
Madison Indiana
indianasxs.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Re antenna move..

Just a thought...

Might be a good idea to move the antenna anyway. Having the antenna element so close and parallel to the metal window frame it
has an effect on the radiation pattern of the antenna making it directional, so more signal in some directions and less in others.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have no issues with the aluminum frame. I trail ride so I’m normally only talking to people that are fairly close. But I hear people from far away as well. I think with it being a 25 watt radio it doesn’t matter a lot. Plus because of the riding I do I would rather it be protected then exposed to get ripped off by tree limbs etc.

thanks,

Reactions: Montecresto
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
What’s y’all’s take on color options? I could offer these tubes in Honda, red, blue, and orange with Columbia coatings Honda colors. These colors match frame paint exactly but are slightly different than the plastic colors. There would be a $25 adder for these custom colors that the shop charges.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Working out a solution with desertcraft to convert their 4” outlet filter to fit the 3” OD intake tube. I think we are close to having something economical figured out. I’d much rather use these filters. They are high quality and a great company.

advertisement
J

Jacknmaggie

Supporting Member
May 22, 2021
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
What’s y’all’s take on color options? I could offer these tubes in Honda, red, blue, and orange with Columbia coatings Honda colors. These colors match frame paint exactly but are slightly different than the plastic colors. There would be a $25 adder for these custom colors that the shop charges.
Me personally think black. I would have to see the tube in blue and installed to go that route. I have a blue x in case u didn't figure that out🤣

Fritz-NH

Fritz-NH

Jan 9, 2022
NH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Look good, please put me on the list! Black works!

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Late to the party, but I'm interested. Put me down for one kit, the full monte with all the trimmings. Black is perfect.

Thanks!

Steve

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Working out a solution with desertcraft to convert their 4” outlet filter to fit the 3” OD intake tube. I think we are close to having something economical figured out. I’d much rather use these filters. They are high quality and a great company.
Will that be more likely to fit into the space restriction that I have? If this will work for me I’ll do orange….

scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Have you figured out if your kit will work on a x-4 flv?

advertisement