Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Just checked the 2022 Talon parts book on Rocky Mountain and the air intake is the same so it looks like this pre filter kit will be popular for another 4 years if its like the Pioneer 1000 for upgrades. Its really annoying to see the air filter inlet under the bed. Fortunately its fairly easy to fix. Same with the suspension but it costs $1,000 TO $2,000 to improve the suspension.
I really don't expect honda to make any changes to the intake. That's historically the way they handle atv's and utv's. CRF's and CBR's get almost yearly updates while the aty segment gets decade updates.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've attached the first draft installation instructions for those who might be interested in this Talon intake pre-filter kit but want to know what's involved to install. Enjoy reading!

I'll be fabricating again tonight to get as many as possible into powder coat this week.

Attachments

• Installation Honda Talon Pre-filter Kit Rev A.pdf
    791.8 KB · Views: 141
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Current list as of 1/24/22
It's been growing almost daily. Once I get some of these out there, it will probably grow even faster!

Monte
Jacknmaggie
Hometeam
Micah
fartsalot
scottkooch
lil steve
2020talonr
lbzdzl
indiansxs
desmo
dhs_officer
hondasxs
fritz-NH
stellerpod
John Warren
Smittyp

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Here's a pic of what the installed tube looks like from underneath. It's easier to see what's going on without the black powder coat. Perhaps this will help someone on the fence understand better.

IMG 9159

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've attached the first draft installation instructions for those who might be interested in this Talon intake pre-filter kit but want to know what's involved to install. Enjoy reading!

I'll be fabricating again tonight to get as many as possible into powder coat this week.
You’re a hard worker bro…..😎

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here's a pic of what the installed tube looks like from underneath. It's easier to see what's going on without the black powder coat. Perhaps this will help someone on the fence understand better.

View attachment 315424
Looking mighty fine. Can it be black until it passes through the upper body panel and then be orange….🤔😂

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Looking mighty fine. Can it be black until it passes through the upper body panel and then be orange….🤔😂
The only Honda colors I can get are from Columbia Coatings. These colors match the frame paint perfectly but not the plastic. They only have Red, Blue and Orange. If someone wants one of these colors then I'll have to add $25 to the order. You may also have to wait a little longer to get the parts because the shop determines when they paint these colors. I'll leave it up to you guys if you think you want colors.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You only see the upper portion with the plate. The entire pipe is hidden behind the same cover as the standard intake, so it doesn't matter what color the pipe is:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The only Honda colors I can get are from Columbia Coatings. These colors match the frame paint perfectly but not the plastic. They only have Red, Blue and Orange. If someone wants one of these colors then I'll have to add $25 to the order. You may also have to wait a little longer to get the parts because the shop determines when they paint these colors. I'll leave it up to you guys if you think you want colors.

View attachment 315428
Actually, looking at Adam’s it doesn’t appear that it can really be seen above the body plastic, may be a moot point….🤔

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
hondablimp

hondablimp

Feb 1, 2020
MN
Ownership

1. Talon X
put me on your list, black works, no filter ( if it comes with one) , Ill run a UNI , Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sucks, but US manufacturing is not that easy to source. If my local shop had a CNC bender I'd let them do it. They treat me really well!
Staminc.com

Now if you only knew someone that worked there........... This is right in our wheelhouse. We may not be competitive with China though.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Tubes are going to powder coat today and I should have them back tomorrow. I won't have enough in this first batch to fill all orders on my list. It will be a couple weeks before I have more since I'll need more aluminum cover plates cut. I was blown away by the interest in these intake kits after I had placed the initial order. The next order of cover plates will be much larger so that I'll have surplus on hand ready to go. Having cover plates cut is the critical path.

Also, I have not been able to verify the fit on the X4. One of the forum members here has been kind enough to take some measurements for my while his X4 is down for accessory additions and the numbers aren't matching mine. Hopefully in a few weeks my local X4 contact will let me remove plastic to get the measurements I need. If not them I'll have to take a different approach.

The X2 tubes will be ready to roll out by sometime next week!

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Tubes are going to powder coat today and I should have them back tomorrow. I won't have enough in this first batch to fill all orders on my list. It will be a couple weeks before I have more since I'll need more aluminum cover plates cut. I was blown away by the interest in these intake kits after I had placed the initial order. The next order of cover plates will be much larger so that I'll have surplus on hand ready to go. Having cover plates cut is the critical path.

Also, I have not been able to verify the fit on the X4. One of the forum members here has been kind enough to take some measurements for my while his X4 is down for accessory additions and the numbers aren't matching mine. Hopefully in a few weeks my local X4 contact will let me remove plastic to get the measurements I need. If not them I'll have to take a different approach.

The X2 tubes will be ready to roll out by sometime next week!

Thanks much for the update, sir. I was late to the party so I really didn't expect to be included in this first group. Appreciate your diligence and look forward to receiving the kit when it's ready.

Steve

Reactions: CID and Montecresto
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Current list as of 1/24/22
It's been growing almost daily. Once I get some of these out there, it will probably grow even faster!

Monte
Jacknmaggie
Hometeam
Micah
fartsalot
scottkooch
lil steve
2020talonr
lbzdzl
indiansxs
desmo
dhs_officer
hondasxs
fritz-NH
stellerpod
John Warren
Smittyp
If you're in this list and have an X4 please let me know. This entire first order will be for X2 only until I can verify fitment on an X4.

Reactions: CID
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you're in this list and have an X4 please let me know. This entire first order will be for X2 only until I can verify fitment on an X4.
I have an X4 and am happy to wait. Mine is currently unavailable anyway.

Reactions: stellarpod
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Update:
  • Picking up the first intake tubes from powder coat today. Three will ship immediately to customers on the list who did not need the filter.
  • Desertcraft filters and filter screens have been ordered, shipped and will be here next week.
  • The third part to this is a rubber, reducing spacer to adapt the 4" Desertcraft filter to the 3" tube. These have also been ordered and will arrive next week. I have run this adapter on my Talon without problems. Desertcraft was helpful in molding a few urethane adapters to try but the filter did not grip them as well as I wanted. Like I said before, if I won't run it then I won't sell it! Having Desertcraft make a 3" filter specifically for this application is the ideal solution but I can't afford the required minimum order just yet.
And just a few words about the Desertcraft filter...
They are more expensive than other filters and if anyone wants to run a cheaper filter from Amazon I'm cool with that. That's why I offer the intake tube for purchase without a filter. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Desertcraft lately and learned that their filters use industrial grade media. They spent 2.5 years developing their engine air filters to get what they wanted! They were the first to use stainless steel mesh to wrap the filter. Everything is first rate high grade material and will last a LONG time. Besides all that, they are a small California company with Made in the USA products and have been super helpful working with me. I look forward to supporting them while they supply filters for my intake tubes.

advertisement