P1000 Electrical Help

wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
Which wire is everyone tapping into for the battery isolator to cut on/off when it's started? Just find one that's hot when the key is turned on and splice into it?

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I need clarification on some things.

Do I need both of these modules for
to wire in lights, etc, or just one?
S l500
S l1600

I actually have 2 different questions
on page 4.

Thanks!

John

Both of these items pictured have the same title,
so please clarify which of these we need, or both,
and the correct name or title, and or item numbers.

Great thread & great info.

John

Last edited:
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I think the Honda sub harness will make
that a lot easier.

It's $9.00 from Honda.

I have one on the way.

John

Which wire is everyone tapping into for the battery isolator to cut on/off when it's started? Just find one that's hot when the key is turned on and splice into it?

Reactions: ohanacreek
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
The part number I found is 08Z02-HL3-A00 which is the same as the p700.
I guess they're using the same one.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All I have left is the 40" light bar to complete now. I did the rear pods and the winch with the momentary switch tonight. 2aa861bf548e73c89aad0aaa46e7d8f8677a0c5a4e44caffec0e8b1726b534d5

wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
Do I need to have any fuses between the batteries, isolator, etc?

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The part number I found is 08Z02-HL3-A00 which is the same as the p700.
I guess they're using the same one.
Isn't this the harness for the horn and back up alarm?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
It is.
I'm planning to use it as a general "keyed" power source (not horn) and for my backup lights (not backup alarm).
It should work but I don't have it yet so have not tried.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both of these items pictured have the same title,
so please clarify which of these we need, or both,
and the correct name or title, and or item numbers.

Great thread & great info.

John

Johnny_C,

They are different images of the same item. One with the cover on and one with it off.

advertisement
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have decided on the Universal relay/fuse distribution box also. It's nice to see it actually placed showing how it fits in a well chosen location along with the battery isolator. Besides the cost of the factory option, I just don't really like the location for the switch panel. Is it really designed to take up the small lower storage area? Also, the second isolated battery is for me a best idea in that I will have no intrusion into the factory electronics and offer substantially more flexibility . Right now everything is on it's way except a couple of cube lights that I have mounted already. By-the-way, mounting those cube lights on the middle ROPS bar facing rearward below the rear ROPS bar really does great as backup lights in addition to see to work in the bed. My next set will be facing at about 45 degree off the front toward the side. It seems most add lights to the front but I can see fine forward for my use, the side/front and rear have the greatest need for additional illumination. I want to thank all that have contributed to this thread, you have been of great value to me. nbomar and CummingPusher....good stuff. And of course ohanacreek

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Ned,
We are on the same wavelength with these adders.

I hope to get the battery, isolator, & distribution box, ordered
tonight. Lights front & rear for me, as well. Winch is here.

Later!

John

I have decided on the Universal relay/fuse distribution box also. It's nice to see it actually placed showing how it fits in a well chosen location along with the battery isolator. Besides the cost of the factory option, I just don't really like the location for the switch panel. Is it really designed to take up the small lower storage area? Also, the second isolated battery is for me a best idea in that I will have no intrusion into the factory electronics and offer substantially more flexibility . Right now everything is on it's way except a couple of cube lights that I have mounted already. By-the-way, mounting those cube lights on the middle ROPS bar facing rearward below the rear ROPS bar really does great as backup lights in addition to see to work in the bed. My next set will be facing at about 45 degree off the front toward the side. It seems most add lights to the front but I can see fine forward for my use, the side/front and rear have the greatest need for additional illumination. I want to thank all that have contributed to this thread, you have been of great value to me. nbomar and CummingPusher....good stuff. And of course ohanacreek

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great let us know how it works out. Do you have the SWITCH PLATE / VOLT METER / WIRE HARNESS it plugs directly into it? I could not find a picture so not sure what all is there. Please post a picture when you get it.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I finally have everything I need to start hooking up auxiliary battery, Switches, distribution box, winch and lights. Plow should be here tomorrow. It's going to be a busy weekend...

Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
I finally have everything I need to start hooking up auxiliary battery, Switches, distribution box, winch and lights. Plow should be here tomorrow. It's going to be a busy weekend...
What plow setup did you purchase? I have been looking at them. just trying to find one that is strong and simple!

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
What plow setup did you purchase? I have been looking at them. just trying to find one that is strong and simple!
I went with the Honda setup. (Warn). My dealer had a Black Friday deal that, when combined with my accessory discount, made it about as much as the anticipated price from KFI. Anticipated price meaning the price they have on the plow system for the 700.

Reactions: Bonehead69
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I got my winch mounted tonight. I just pulled the power wires
into the battery area for now.

I intend to mount the solenoid to the left of the aux battery.
The circuit breaker will go over there somewhere also.

This will leave the pocket on the far right for the battery
isolator and the area next to the air filter free for the
distribution unit.

I am thinking I will mount the remote socket in front of
the windshield.

So where would you guys mount the supplied rocker
switch inside?

Thanks!

John

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Great let us know how it works out. Do you have the SWITCH PLATE / VOLT METER / WIRE HARNESS it plugs directly into it? I could not find a picture so not sure what all is there. Please post a picture when you get it.
Maybe I'm not clear on the use of the sub-harness - cause I have no intension to buy the Honda switch plate / harness.
I thought the sub-harness plugs into something else and provides keyed power to the horn and "reverse" power to the backup alarm. I guess I have more homework to do - or just abandon the sub-harness and find what I need somewhere else.

I just wish I had the bloody machine to figure it out :(

advertisement