Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Congratulations @JACKAL, you have officially made post-1000. And still we have no clue who, what, when, where, or why... But thanks to your help we have a better understand that less two handfuls of people posted here actually have an issue. Seems now that you have brought light to the chaos things have slowed down. Still with less than a dozen people having issues it could all fall back on one workers bad day at work.

I truly believe Honda has a solid machine and I think once we get past these few defects we will see Honda quality shine.

Your prize is only the honor of holding that 1000th post. Congratulations.

But seriously. Thanks a lot for keeping track of all this.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree! @JACKAL you're a ****ing stud. Atta boy!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I agree! @JACKAL you're a ****ing stud. Atta boy!
Cb4c8bac17b57133c77e5e1293461d79901d2e01e559bc9aeb0fcde8701e8850

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I'm sorry, my employer says I need to do a better job at recognition.
I can print you a "good job" paper if you like. how about a dino sticker.
How about this one.
View attachment 13957
I just wanted a "Club Contributor" banner or a gold sticker or something. Can I get a hug?

Reactions: ohanacreek
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
hahaha... Great clip... also like ones from green mile.

Done and I raised you one...
Not sure why I haven't done that already. Sorry... I do better.

I need to give few more of the top posters lifetime status also... Just gave one away this week to a top poster...

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jackal your chart is very good with all the data, you think there might be something to the color of the machine along with the vin#
Im guessing all the red ones may have been built first, going though your list 4 were red 1 was camo and the others did not say.

Last edited:
advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Jackal, I am humbled with all that you put into your chart tracker. I was one of the original members that panicked over this issue early on.....around 8-900 posts ago give or take.:D

Reactions: PioneerPete
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
There's an issue of some sort but it would be unwise to guess at the actual problem and spew out a few talking points just to have something to say.

When any machine that is designed and tested for certain boundaries/specifications is used outside of those boundaries/specifications it fails.

Sometimes there is a built in OS factor. Example a a circuit will be derated for certain environments or usages and requires smaller amperage breaker than the wire in perfect conditions can handle.

These are not a 70's model car with a 5 wire electrical system. They are as complicated as a full size car and have many, many, many lines of computer code.

Something is happening and while Honda seems to be honoring warranty claims, with new parts no matter if they scavenge from a dealers unit, I'm not sure they've figured out what the issue is in the small number of cases.

That seems to be another problem, statistics require large samples to be able to accurately provide information. The smaller the sample the larger the standard deviation from the mean. The more data points you have associated with a problem the better you can narrow it down to what the problem is.

Example it's likes saying "My truck won't start!"

You didn't provide other basic diagnostic information: Fuel level, battery voltage, is it underwater, did it burn completely to the ground, did you have it crushed, is it parked on them moon?

I know those are outlandish examples BUT all of those things could cause your truck not to start, or it could be a conflict in two values the computer is getting, and not allowing it to start.

All that to say, I'll wager it's going to take more time and issues before we as the end user find out what the issue is, because I'll wager a dollar Honda isn't sure yet.
Ill wager a dollar its from poor installation on the assembly line. Have we had a single unit that has been fixed fail a second time? just curious?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Ill wager a dollar its from poor installation on the assembly line. Have we had a single unit that has been fixed fail a second time? just curious?
According to this post below from 4/19/16 yes he says he is having a re-occurance of slipping after being a DCT reset procedure not after having the clutches replaced. If what @jguillot posted is true must be something in that Mississippi mud bringing them to their knees (4 units in shop at 2 different nearby dealers)

Mine is still in the shop in Hattiesburg. I'll be visiting the shop tomorrow to find out the latest. Approximately a week ago the dealership notified corporate that mine was back in for the same clutch slippage and were waiting on instructions on how to proceed. I never mentioned it but my good friend and riding buddy, David, has a white 3 seater and it's sitting next to mine in the shop for the same issue. Our dealership told us that the dealership 30 miles up the road has two units in for the same issue as well.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to this post below from 4/19/16 yes he says he is having a re-occurance of slipping after being repaired. If what @jguillot posted is true must be something in that Mississippi mud bringing them to their knees (4 units in shop at 2 different nearby dealers)
I think there might be a mole that got into this forum section to stir things up!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I think there might be a mole that got into this forum section to stir things up!
I've not known him to dwell on the topic in his 50+ posts. Maybe just not having the best of luck.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've not known him to dwell on the topic in his 50+ posts. Maybe just not having the best of luck.
I didn't me
i didnt mean to hit the reply button on that one. I not trying to accuse anyone but there are some strang comments on the used to be clutch issue!

Reactions: Stauvo
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I gotcha, misunderstood your post. Yes there are some posts of questionable intent that that do not substantialy contribute to the topic.

Reactions: Stauvo and sharp
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to this post below from 4/19/16 yes he says he is having a re-occurance of slipping after being repaired. If what @jguillot posted is true must be something in that Mississippi mud bringing them to their knees (4 units in shop at 2 different nearby dealers)
Just to clarify, jguillot didn't have a clutch replacement, they did a clutch reset. So, to dale's point, it appears that we have not had any re-failures after clutch pack replacement.
Knock on wood

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Just to clarify, jguillot didn't have a clutch replacement, they did a clutch reset. So, to dale's point, it appears that we have not had any re-failures after clutch pack replacement.
View attachment 14231

Thanks for pointing that out i missed it looking it up on my phone.

advertisement