P1000 Clutches overheating

F

FloridaPath

Mar 23, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update:
Picked up from dealer. Dealer said they connected it to a computer to read any codes but they did not see where it had went into limp mode. Said they let it idle for 20 minutes then drove it around and could not replicate. Unfortunately it is raining today so no riding.

Side note, are you all paying for diagnostic services under warranty?

Reactions: Smitty335
F

FloridaPath

Mar 23, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The continuing saga...

Been awhile since I have posted. So we have 2 pioneer 1000-5's. One a 2022 and one a 2021. I can ride the 21 in low the whole time in auto and it never gives me a problem. I did notice the 21 model holds first gear into the 7mph range. Whereas my 22 model shifts after 6mph. Not a huge difference but one I noticed. I did a clutch relearn just to see if anything changed and everything was the same, but that was just cruising around the area no trails or anything. Might take it out this weekend and see what happens. Just wondering what mph is yours shifting to 2nd in low auto?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The continuing saga...

Been awhile since I have posted. So we have 2 pioneer 1000-5's. One a 2022 and one a 2021. I can ride the 21 in low the whole time in auto and it never gives me a problem. I did notice the 21 model holds first gear into the 7mph range. Whereas my 22 model shifts after 6mph. Not a huge difference but one I noticed. I did a clutch relearn just to see if anything changed and everything was the same, but that was just cruising around the area no trails or anything. Might take it out this weekend and see what happens. Just wondering what mph is yours shifting to 2nd in low auto?
I can't recall exactly but I believe mine stays around 7-9 mph in 1st gear (low)

Reactions: FloridaPath
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Update:
Picked up from dealer. Dealer said they connected it to a computer to read any codes but they did not see where it had went into limp mode. Said they let it idle for 20 minutes then drove it around and could not replicate. Unfortunately it is raining today so no riding.

Side note, are you all paying for diagnostic services under warranty?

Diagnostics are customer pay until an issue is confirmed and found. Then the problem is passed to warranty

If you bring a unit in for a problem and we can't replicate it Honda won't pay us to not find the issue, if we can't confirm the problem it can't be warrantied.