Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Hondasxs Where are all the insiders who pumped us full of all the P1K info when it was being released? HondaProKevin? That sales lady who knew so much about it? Have their dealerships seen issues? Have they been told to stay off the forums?
I'm not really sure. I have reached out to a few contacts with no response.
I'm sure bigH dislikes this thread so I could see them asking dealers to stay out of the "rumor mill" if you know what I mean.

Hell, I remember Wayne Lambert (Honda SxS engineer) posted on here back in June when the 1000 was announced quoting another "past member" who wanted him fired after the release of the 500.
hahah... That is still funny!

Reactions: itsleo
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
That's not gonna happen. Recalls for a big company don't work like that. No one has been injured nothing bad has happened.
Honda will slide it under the rug and do exactly what I said.
I've seen 5 other red ones. Mine makes 6
well maybe through serial numbers we can figure witch ones would have issues etc?

Reactions: Scooterchris
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I expected to here they were on backorder as Honda most likely did not plan on seeing any issues. A burnt clutch is not common in their current DCT lines. If there is a updated part Honda would need design, sourcing, and production time. This would not be a short process.
it could be same parts with a different stack height is all or different order. lots of times steels and fibers come in 1 2 and sometimes 3 different thickness. It could be as simple as removing 2 thins and replacing them with 2 thick steels or fibers and woolaa u have a new clutch pack with less air gap and less slip also new Part number No r&d tooling or anything else.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
it could be same parts with a different stack height is all or different order. lots of times steels and fibers come in 1 2 and sometimes 3 different thickness. It could be as simple as removing 2 thins and replacing them with 2 thick steels or fibers and woolaa u have a new clutch pack with less air gap and less slip also new Part number No r&d tooling or anything else.
The repair manual has something about that in it. I can't remember what part they were having you measure off the top of my head though but there was certain specs that needed to be measured.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
The repair manual has something about that in it. I can't remember what part they were having you measure off the top of my head though but there was certain specs that needed to be measured.
probably talking about measuring from the top fiber to the top of the basket then subtract the indent on the hat and that will give your air gap air gap to much slipping clutches!

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Well it's a shame Honda didn't catch this issue in the early stages when they were designing them its not like failure is happening at high miles.That being said low range should be low, reverse should be low and clutches should be as beefy as u can make from the get go.

Reactions: BIGRACK
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Have you been able to get #'s or pics?

No I was gonna run down there last night. I had some free time so I took my pioneer around the block for a little stroll. Here's the bad that happened

I'm pretty upset right now. Don't know what I did .

Monday night after installing my winch. I started putting bellows on the diffs.
Had a 8 ft piece of vent line for the fuel tank and sub trans. Each end of the line was connected cause I was measuring the length etc. And wasn't planning on running it. Well......I forgot to unplug them when I went for a spin yesterday. So for about 40 seconds the pressure from the sub trans was flowing into the gas tank vent line. I'm totally upset because I have a trip planned this weekend. Now after that happened. It cranks up and idles fine. Drives and is very sluggish. When I'm at 30 mph and floor it. The thing bogs .

What does it sound like. Flood air filter or debris in the fuel tank vent line?

advertisement
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
No I was gonna run down there last night. I had some free time so I took my pioneer around the block for a little stroll. Here's the bad that happened

I'm pretty upset right now. Don't know what I did .

Monday night after installing my winch. I started putting bellows on the diffs.
Had a 8 ft piece of vent line for the fuel tank and sub trans. Each end of the line was connected cause I was measuring the length etc. And wasn't planning on running it. Well......I forgot to unplug them when I went for a spin yesterday. So for about 40 seconds the pressure from the sub trans was flowing into the gas tank vent line. I'm totally upset because I have a trip planned this weekend. Now after that happened. It cranks up and idles fine. Drives and is very sluggish. When I'm at 30 mph and floor it. The thing bogs .

What does it sound like. Flood air filter or debris in the fuel tank vent line?

Did you drain the gas tank? Maybe you got some oil in the gas?

Reactions: Scooterchris
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the 700 the fuel tank was close enough to the exhaust it would heat up expanding the gas vapors in the tank pushing them out through the vent as designed. When it was suddenly cooled say by submerging in cool water it would create a vaccuum when the vapors condensed due to being cooler.
AND would suck water in the tank through the vent line if it was underwater.

Principle....

Vacuume/pressure differential Crushing a tanker car

You might have oil in the gas ?

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Did you drain the gas tank? Maybe you got some oil in the gas?

I talked to my good buddy that lives in Kentucky. He's a great mechanic. That's funny the three trouble shooting tips he gave me over the phone was

Drain the gas. Might have got oil in it

See if the gas tank vent nipple is clogged

Check the air filter to see if it's flooded with gas

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
What does sea foam do?
Just a gas treatment. Its worked wonders for me in the past. I filled my truck up with off road diesel one time which my truck was gas and after I drained the fuel it had same problem. After I seafoamed it and ran it for a tank it cleared up.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Just a gas treatment. Its worked wonders for me in the past. I filled my truck up with off road diesel one time which my truck was gas and after I drained the fuel it had same problem. After I seafoamed it and ran it for a tank it cleared up.

OK I'll drain the gas.

Check the air filter.

Check the tank is venting properly.

What's the quickest way to drain the gas?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd start with checking the air filter first. Then check that the tank is venting. Then drain the gas.

Draining the gas would probably be easiest to siphon it out - but very very unlikely that oil got in the gas unless the vehicle was upside down.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I'd start with checking the air filter first. Then check that the tank is venting. Then drain the gas.

Draining the gas would probably be easiest to siphon it out - but very very unlikely that oil got in the gas unless the vehicle was upside down.
Make sure u don't have a tie strap tonight on fuel vent! This is one real good things about bellows

Reactions: CashMoney
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Make sure u don't have a tie strap tonight on fuel vent! This is one real good things about bellows

Tie strap on the fuel vent? Bellows? I don't understand. You definitely can't put a bellow on the fuel vent line

Reactions: CashMoney
advertisement