P1000 Clutches burnt up

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Got the call today they said my clutch pack was toast. And that they were on backorder. Keep
In mind my bike was fine before I took it in for the first service. I have a wolfpengap trip planned next week now I won't have my Honda to ride. So there is no telling how long it will be before I get it back.
Did u ask them why it was toast and if they found anything that may have caused it.

I have yet to here one person have an explanation for what happened to cause the clutch issue. I wonder if they new If they would tell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CashMoney
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
385 miles on mine. Clutches slipping.
Manufactured 8/2015

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
If clutches are on back order that means there are probably quite few bikes with problems being repaired.
When I had taken mine, they said they were on backorder

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
If clutches are on back order that means there are probably quite few bikes with problems being repaired.

Yeah, thats not good for folks with damaged clutches. But they could be redesigning it and holding off on just replacing with the same part until the updated part is done...

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I'm just gunna have to run mine until it completely quits. Sounds like it could be in the shop for months. Hasn't showed any signs of failing yet, just a few hard or delayed shifts, but that happens with any auto tranny under the right conditions.

Hoping Honda will come up with HD clutch packs.

For those who have had theirs repaired, does Honda replace all the clutch packs, or just 1,3,and 5?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
They didnt say buddy. Sorry
If u get a chance or are willing call them ask them if they re-installed clutch packs the exact same way they came out? Or were there any changes on parts that went back in or any little things done different? If they say no then ask them WHAT IS GOING TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN? Then they might be be willing to tell u what's up. In all honesty if nothing changes then nothing will change except for you warranty will be gone !!

advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
We need to figure this out or all of us will have to buy extended warranty!! Not that u shouldn't anyways??

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
If u get a chance or are willing call them ask them if they re-installed clutch packs the exact same way they came out? Or were there any changes on parts that went back in or any little things done different? If they say no then ask them WHAT IS GOING TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN? Then they might be be willing to tell u what's up. In all honesty if nothing changes then nothing will change except for you warranty will be gone !!

Not being rude here .

It's been stated and I've verified it. It's a new updated clutch pack . New product number

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I've been on this crap for a month now cause. Mine is slipping at the point where the next time it does it I have to record it per honda to get the clutches changed out

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not being rude here .

It's been stated and I've verified it. It's a new updated clutch pack . New product number

Since your the first to have verified it can you post the part number?
It'd be good to see if we can cross reference it with existing part numbers.
Any verifiable info is a great resource.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those who have had theirs repaired, does Honda replace all the clutch packs, or just 1,3,and 5?

If you look at a parts schematic, there are 2 clutch packs in the transmission - one for 1, 3, 5, and R - the other for 2, 4, and 6. These 2 clutch packs are identical, and it is my understanding that when they change one out they go ahead and change both. In short, all clutches are replaced.

Waylan

Reactions: Scooterchris
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Since your the first to have verified it can you post the part number?
It'd be good to see if we can cross reference it with existing part numbers.
Any verifiable info is a great resource.

I'd have to go back up there and talk to the honda guy which shouldn't be too hard. We're becoming good friends as many times as I've went up there.

He showed me the assembly and the burnt smelly black oil that came out

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
I guess I'm just gunna have to run mine until it completely quits. Sounds like it could be in the shop for months. Hasn't showed any signs of failing yet, just a few hard or delayed shifts, but that happens with any auto tranny under the right conditions.

Hoping Honda will come up with HD clutch packs.

They only replaced my primary clutch pack. 1,3,5,r

advertisement