P1000 Clutches burnt up

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Has anybody got there's fixed yet? What all
Did Honda fix and how long did it take?

Nope can't get mine fixed. Slips when I took it out the past 2 times. Took it in and they told me it's not slipping. Told me to make sure I have it recorded on my phone so that way theirs more than enough proof to tear it apart

K

KD_Pioneer1k5

Feb 15, 2016
Wv
I hope the fix that Honda comes out with is a good one and not a band-aid. I really liked the idea of the shaft driven 6 speed. I am second guessing it now. I was going to put my order in next week for my 1000-5, but I think I am gonna hold off until Honda fixes the issue.
Has anybody purchased one recently and had them do the clutch work/ upgrade before bringing it home? This sounds like a design flaw not a bad part. It's not a question of if, but when.

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
Has anybody got there's fixed yet? What all
Did Honda fix and how long did it take?

You should prepare yourself to miss your ride in a couple weeks. There's a ride April 1st here and I'm not counting on mine to be fixed before April 1st.
With that being said if I don't have mine fix right by then.... I start being that squeaky wheel they don't want.

Reactions: Scooterchris
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
You should prepare yourself to miss your ride in a couple weeks. There's a ride April 1st here and I'm not counting on mine to be fixed before April 1st.
With that being said if I don't have mine fix right by then.... I start being that squeaky wheel they don't want.

Yep me the same buddy. I already noticed a couple late/Slippy shifts last night while riding it.

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess worst case I could ride it like it is but I know it's not good for it.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Just gonna video it and take it in. If they don't fix it. I'm gonna scream lemon law. I've took it up there for the same reason 3 times at that point.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
There's been one guy that had his fixed and I remembered him saying it seemed to be fine after the repair. Still sounds like they had a few put together wrong or something instead of it being a design flaw.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
There's been one guy that had his fixed and I remembered him saying it seemed to be fine after the repair. Still sounds like they had a few put together wrong or something instead of it being a design flaw.

Its a design flaw plain and simple

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
If it was a design flaw almost every single one would be taking a s***. I beat the piss out of mine and still never got a slip. And there's been a time or two when the tires weren't even spinning

Reactions: Tabascojunkie
advertisement
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I agree. I think. If it was a design flaw we would be seeing a lot more OF THEM

K

KD_Pioneer1k5

Feb 15, 2016
Wv
Valid points. Maybe design flaw was the wrong thing to say.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
If they have an upgraded clutch pack available, I want to wait till they start building the new machines using it.

Reactions: Scooterchris
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
A design flaw is something that can't really be fixed without major undertakings. If the P1000 needs an upgraded clutch (which is what I think could be the issue) and problem is fixed, then it is just Honda picking the wrong clutch for the application. The transmission isn't failing; the clutch is burning up. Just like in performance cars or trucks the more abuse you give it you most likely are gonna need a heavy duty clutch....yes it does suck if that's what is needed for anyone doing hard riding but really it is one time fix not an on going problem like a belt or other issues out there.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So a guy would almost be better off burning the clutch up on purpose to get the upgrade for free. Probably cost $2000 to have a shop change it out doing it preventively. If there is an upgrade maybe Honda will send out a tsb like the 700s skid plate.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
If they have an upgraded clutch pack available, I want to wait till they start building the new machines using it.
If they do have updated clutch packs there is no reason they wont be available for the ones that are already out if this turns out to be a design flaw.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I just went out and checked oil level and sub trans levels!! both fine and as I was doing it I found that the oil was same color as it is hen i comes out of the bottle with no darkness at all on a paper towel it was bright yellow not a hint of darkness. I have 78 miles and 17 hours on my machine and the 1st 4 hours were kinda gentle after that whatever!!! So my question is when u guys had the burnt clutches was it before the 1st service or after? If it was after when u did your first service was the oil dark at all or did it literally look bran new? I have 12 miles left before 1st service I imagine it will look bran new at that time as well

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I just went out and checked oil level and sub trans levels!! both fine and as I was doing it I found that the oil was same color as it is hen i comes out of the bottle with no darkness at all on a paper towel it was bright yellow not a hint of darkness. I have 78 miles and 17 hours on my machine and the 1st 4 hours were kinda gentle after that whatever!!! So my question is when u guys had the burnt clutches was it before the 1st service or after? If it was after when u did your first service was the oil dark at all or did it literally look bran new? I have 12 miles left before 1st service I imagine it will look bran new at that time as well
At 160 miles my oil was coal black doing my initial oil change for the engine and DCT. However the oil for the sub transmission was just like it came out of the bottle.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At 160 miles my oil was coal black doing my initial oil change for the engine and DCT. However the oil for the sub transmission was just like it came out of the bottle.
Did it smell burnt? So the engine oil would be affected by the clutches not sub transmission?

advertisement