sajnaj

Jul 5, 2015
clinton indiana
Never mind the yellow line

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
i was in alabama on some steeper hills when mine burnt up... i looked at the old ones and they were f===ed ... mine was a nice delay in shifts ... give them time they will fix it

I was sitting with the tech when he call tech help line. They work these repairs just like the car dealers. It sounded like they have to be preapproved before Honda will let them install parts. Car dealer will do this to new vehicle so they can make notes and cut cost so the tech's aren't throwing parts at it to fix the concerns.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had another awesome ride this weekend with absolutely no issues to report!lol I do not baby my machine and I ride in some of the steepest, muddiest conditions in the south.
I recognized early on that the p1k clutch system is just like a manually operated clutch on a dirt bike or jeep, except that the p1k decides when to engage/disengage the clutch. Knowing this, I try to avoid situations where the p1k "rides" the clutch.
I do wish that reverse and low gears were about 20 or 30% lower than they are now, but overall, this machine is a badass little mountain goat!

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
As in Daytona Fl??? I'll let you know how it turns out for me. The guy's here in Melbourne are trying to fix mine. They have been open with me and said they haven't had to work on the P1K yet for any concerns.

Yes sir. I have mine at seminole powersports. First it was at deland honda and they told me nothing was wrong. Go ride it!!

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
CAUTION
The following procedures are for reference use only and are in no way an endorsement for violating the ramp manufacturers Cautions & Warnings

WARNING
Danger of serious personal injury exists. Serious personal injury can occur when using a loading ramp.
· Never drive a SXS up an unsecured loading ramp.
· Always attach safety chains & straps even if not provided.
· Make sure the safety chains / straps are properly adjusted for length to prevent kick back of the loading ramp.

OK… With the obligatory warnings out of the way… We know if you are not lucky enough to live next to a riding area or have a trailer, then you most likely transport your SXS with a truck or trailer and you use a loading ramp. We also know you drive your SXS up loading ramps. And, we know of people who have been injured and even killed by using a loading ramp improperly. So, if you are going to drive your SXS up a ramp you should know how to do it safely!

RAMP CONSTRUCTION

Metal loading ramps generally can be found in two materials, steel and aluminum. Most styles are either bi-fold or tri-fold. We have found the aluminum tri-folds 64" wide are the easiest to handle. All commercial loading ramps are load rated. Choose a ramp with a load rating of at least 1500lbs. If you have a heavy-weight SXS and drive it up the ramp and you don’t happen to be a 5ft.2in. SYT (sweet young thing) then consider a 2000 lb. load rating.

There are two basic construction types for these ramps, diamond mesh and rungs. If you plan on loading something like a riding lawnmower besides your SXS, then go with mesh. The smaller lawnmower tires fall into the space between the rungs and create a bumpy load and unload. However the rung-style loading ramp provides greater traction to a SXS tire if the ramp angle is steep or the conditions are wet.

With these SXS being so expensive it make no sense to cheap out on loading ramps not to mention unsafe. I highly recommend these, 90" long x 64" wide 2100 lbs. load rating and folds to only 22" wide fits between the wheels underneath a P500 or P1000 with ease even in a pickup bed. even has an attached tie-down to secure the ramp to the truck or rear of the trailer so it cannot kick out on you.

RevArc HD UTV Ramp | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

72" long ramp pictured with proper attachment of securing strap.
Fe1789e5 d641 4064 8436 077890bf9800w700h250mTrue
Agreed, I built 8' ramps out of 2" steel angle. They lock into fabricated brackets on the truck. The ramps also double as bed rails on the sides of the 10' flatbed.
My aluminum ramps were are the 3000lb (1500 per, evenly distributed) ramps from Tractor Supply.

advertisement
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
The terra performed flawlessly

I just bought the Terra 4500. Waiting to get it in.

I tell you what tho. I watched the "travelers" 4500 winch from tractor supply being worked for about 2 hrs. It performed awesome. Also pulled about 5 other people out aswell. My buddy has had it on for about a year. No issues.
You can sometimes find that on sale there for like 69.99 and 99.99. I do believe normal price is 159.99 tho

Reactions: joeymt33
M

Millerhunts

Mar 1, 2016
Baton Rouge
I have a 3 seater 1000 and clutches started slipping this weekend. My dealer told me to change the oil and this would fix it but I'm not sure about that.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 3 seater 1000 and clutches started slipping this weekend. My dealer told me to change the oil and this would fix it but I'm not sure about that.
It has for some. We tring to narrow it down if might be water related like wet electrical plugs ect. Did you go in water around the time it started acting up?

M

Millerhunts

Mar 1, 2016
Baton Rouge
It has for some. We tring to narrow it down if might be water related like wet electrical plugs ect. Did you go in water around the time it started acting up?
I did a good bit of riding with a small amount of water crossings, but nothing real deep. I've talked to another dealer and they said they had three in there now with burnt clutches.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Bad news travels fast to the forum. If you had a great weekend riding with no problems your probably not going to post on the forum " my transmission was great this weekend". If your p1k is running fine don't worry about it and if you don't even own one yet and are still trying to decide look for the positives. It's like if you have a tooth ache you can look on the internet and find a million ways to die from it when no one really does.
Lol..

Reactions: Stauvo
DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a great weekend ride so i will gladly share. I
did a 102 miler in the mojave desert on saturday. no issues at all. machine ran so good. i use lucas addative to fuel 2 oz per tank and noticed 24 mpg on my trip. i am very happy with this . i now have 530 miles on my SXS.

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
Yes sir. I have mine at seminole powersports. First it was at deland honda and they told me nothing was wrong. Go ride it!!

How long has your been at Seminole? Sounds like its a race you see hows gets fixed first.

Have you tried Mud Muckers atv park in Bunnell yet?

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
I forgot to add before some brand loyal nutsack tries to tell me that I either 1) don't know how to drive it or 2) shouldn't be mudding in it that my machine was scrached all to hell from avoiding holes going through the woods and when I did go through them, it was few and far between.
How long has your been at Seminole? Sounds like its a race you see hows gets fixed first.

Have you tried Mud Muckers atv park in Bunnell yet?
Mud Muckers is shut down, till further notice. It use to be my favorite place to ride.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Mud Muckers is shut down, till further notice. It use to be my favorite place to ride.

Mud muckers is back open in april.
Check out my Facebook group I have it posted there.

"Florida utv/atv riding & adventures "

advertisement