P1000 Clutches burnt up

McPioneer

McPioneer

Jan 20, 2016
British Columbia, Canada
@McPioneer
Ya, This thread is too drawn out to start a poll now. It will be pushing 400 replies by weeks end.
But I seen the post by @sporttrac4x4, I may edit that one. Let me see.

@HondaTim, run this part and see if it comes up 22500-HL4-004. LOL!
It's fine, only a suggestion and sounds like it's not something that would be welcomed anyway. There is no easy way to broach this subject. Won't here another peep out of this guy until I have a made a purchase.

Thanks for all of your help though.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And for everyone that's complaining about the thread quit reading it. Now that's a easy fix to your a problem.

Reactions: joeymt33
HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
And for everyone that's complaining about the thread quit reading it. Now that's a easy fix to your a problem.
Well when you subscribe to a thread that means you are interested in the info that will come across for fixes so you can be prepared that's why you read every comment. Even when the comments have no important information about the issue of the topic.

Reactions: itsleo and franzw
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well when you subscribe to a thread that means you are interested in the info that will come across for fixes so you can be prepared that's why you read every comment. Even when the comments have no important information about the issue of the topic.
I totally agree and that's what these forums are for, so it don't pay to complain about the post. Just keep on reading

Reactions: franzw
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
If you look at Hondas experience with the dct across the board I would say that shows that this is a blip....this isn't there first shoot at this type of setup!!

Just like computer problems sometimes the error is between the keyboard and chair.

dezs1775

dezs1775

Dec 26, 2015
Orange city Florida
Once again, Factory issue. Mine was built in November. I would like to know the month those with clutch issues were built. Was Carl coming off a three day bender (PBR REPRESENT)? Monday morning, f*** it they don't need them shims in the clutches. And a hundred are bad. Then they catch it and play the wait and see game.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Once again, Factory issue. Mine was built in November. I would like to know the month those with clutch issues were built. Was Carl coming off a three day bender (PBR REPRESENT)? Monday morning, f*** it they don't need them shims in the clutches. And a hundred are bad. Then they catch it and play the wait and see game.
January ... And no problems.

Reactions: dezs1775
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

advertisement
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I currently have a 02 Honda rubicon that I have ran 27" mudzillas on. I did break and cv joint but it wasn't in the mud. I was pulling something in reverse and it poped. It was completely my fault. The only other thing I had to change on it was a sensor that reverted it from shifting. Other than that no problems. I love the low gear on it. I had no problem turning these tires and never tried anything larger but the low gear in my opinion was a good low. Down here we have no rocks, mountains and depending on the location not even hills. We have mud and at times it gets deep. I did forget to mention in my first post, 1 of of the members does have a Honda 700 that he bought last year. He has a lift and 28" tires and that's about all it can handle in the terrain we are in. The last weekend of the season he poped his winch cable twice. It was time for the season to be over. Going hunting we do not look for the deepest hole to see if we can make it or not. We go around as much as we can. A four wheeler can pass much easier but a 6 mile ride from the camp and about 4 of which is in mud gets cold and are limited with room. The commanders around here have electrical problems and rangers have problems all the way around. I will keep reading and hope that Honda does come up with a fix before I buy. I put a pic to show the ruts in the club. You can see the tops of the ruts have been scraped by skid plates on the bikes that can still pass. And this was 3 weeks before end of season.

Image Image

Reactions: ua13gt and joeymt33
HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
I currently have a 02 Honda rubicon that I have ran 27" mudzillas on. I did break and cv joint but it wasn't in the mud. I was pulling something in reverse and it poped. It was completely my fault. The only other thing I had to change on it was a sensor that reverted it from shifting. Other than that no problems. I love the low gear on it. I had no problem turning these tires and never tried anything larger but the low gear in my opinion was a good low. Down here we have no rocks, mountains and depending on the location not even hills. We have mud and at times it gets deep. I did forget to mention in my first post, 1 of of the members does have a Honda 700 that he bought last year. He has a lift and 28" tires and that's about all it can handle in the terrain we are in. The last weekend of the season he poped his winch cable twice. It was time for the season to be over. Going hunting we do not look for the deepest hole to see if we can make it or not. We go around as much as we can. A four wheeler can pass much easier but a 6 mile ride from the camp and about 4 of which is in mud gets cold and are limited with room. The commanders around here have electrical problems and rangers have problems all the way around. I will keep reading and hope that Honda does come up with a fix before I buy. I put a pic to show the ruts in the club. You can see the tops of the ruts have been scraped by skid plates on the bikes that can still pass. And this was 3 weeks before end of season.

View attachment 10823 View attachment 10824
Good looking deer on the front.

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
Just like computer problems sometimes the error is between the keyboard and chair.
Glad to know you were in a tree watching when my clutch and the 2 other guys clutches went out. You are talking out of your rear end. You weren't around when any of the aforementioned clutch issues occurred.

Damn. Enough with this brand loyal bs.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Don't look now, but you are doing the exact thing you were complaining about.
And what exactly am I doing ... Laughing at the goat that was in the commercial and giving another member a compliment on a deer he shot. Go find something to do besides being childish please.

advertisement