P1000 Clutches burnt up

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
Watched this post from the beggining till now.Noone asked what size tires they are running.Now the thread starter is talking of getting 4 inch portals.You only put those on if you are running oversize tires.No one does this with stock tires.Not trying to tell anyone how to drive up hills"backwards or forwards"but just trying to see how this 1000 is coming along.
Wow. Not trying to be a prick but maybe you should re-read the post.

From my original post

" I guess it's a good thing the 31" outlaws wouldn't fit. It can't even handle 27s with 3 people and an icechest." Factory 27's

From mikegzales

mine was sold to me with 28/10-14 nothing serious... i have the problem whether in low or high ... it is a slip that is very noticeable... the service people drove it harder than i have lol... it was towards the end of the day when noticed the slip... it is slipping now regardless of the terrain
28"

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wow. Not trying to be a prick but maybe you should re-read the post.

From my original post

" I guess it's a good thing the 31" outlaws wouldn't fit. It can't even handle 27s with 3 people and an icechest." Factory 27's

From mikegzales

28"
Sorry Mikey I did miss that...

Reactions: Serial_Fordicator
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well mine has now burnt 1,3,5 clutch
With just trying to climb out a mud hole rut dint work the clutch for but a 1-2 min. It now slipping

Reactions: Rippinnrarrin
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well mine has now burnt 1,3,5 clutch
With just trying to climb out a mud hole rut dint work the clutch for but a 1-2 min. It now slipping
man, hate to hear that... you heading in to the dealer for a warranty repair?

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
man, hate to hear that... you heading in to the dealer for a warranty repair?

I am really starting to get nervous with all this...I didn't buy Polaris because I wanted reliability...now I am nervous and wondering if I should have bought the Polaris.....wow did actually say that

Reactions: Stauvo
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am really starting to get nervous with all this...I didn't buy Polaris because I wanted reliability...now I am nervous and wondering if I should have bought the Polaris.....wow did actually say that
nah man, Honda will put a stronger clutch in there if it becomes a recurring issue. like I've said before, there's some risk in being the first in a new application for this dct technology. That's why we bought Honda. They will make it right. And everything else about the machine kicks ass like you'd expect from Honda.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
nah man, Honda will put a stronger clutch in there if it becomes a recurring issue. like I've said before, there's some risk in being the first in a new application for this dct technology. That's why we bought Honda. They will make it right. And everything else about the machine kicks ass like you'd expect from Honda.
+1
Havent really posted much in this thread, just been following along. But I agree with @PioneerPete, there is always a risk with a first model line. Even bigH cant get it 100% right, 100% of the time. If there is a issue they will fix it. And dont for once think bigH hasn't put this design to the test. They want to take over the market share and releasing another big red dud they can not afford.

advertisement
M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
+1
Havent really posted much in this thread, just been following along. But I agree with @PioneerPete, there is always a risk with a first model line. Even bigH cant get it 100% right, 100% of the time. If there is a issue they will fix it. And dont for once think bigH hasn't put this design to the test. They want to take over the market share and releasing another big red dud they can not afford.

Really hope so because I love mine!!! I will admit this clutch thing is in the back of my mind now. Honda has always had great products and stands behind them, so I shouldn't be worried.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm curious if by June/July up here in the northern hemisphere if more will pop up as right now we cannot get the kind of trail riding in that the southern members get. We are not legally allowed to ride on snowmobile trails but we can ride the lakes all day long unless too cold.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine just got fixed a couple hours ago... Honda is taking care of ya.. At red creek now
Mike did they indicate any change in clutch plate thicknesses or material? did they give any details at all of what exactly was wrong?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was up on the mountain with mine today. A couple of times I had to work the clutch pretty hard to navigate some rocks. (Knock on wood) it performed flawlessly. This thread was definitely in the back of my mind the whole time lol

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Im getting a pioneer because the sxs I have now has the worst clutch ever made I think.If I end up with clutch problems with new one someone else is gonna have to explain that to wife.

Reactions: Stauvo
mikegzales

mikegzales

Feb 8, 2016
louisiana
Mike did they indicate any change in clutch plate thicknesses or material? did they give any details at all of what exactly was wrong?
They replaced both even tho the second was fine... No one said they were different but why change both? Greatful either way... Who is here at red creek?

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I bet they sell it as a kit with both clutches. If not maybe they want to be sure there wasn't slipping on the other gears from the one clutch you lost

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tell you my machine. Had 40 miles On it In my yard with no problems , but I brought it in real world I was on the 1 gear cutch to pull me out a bind for not long at all at it starts acting up.
I bet they sell it as a kit with both clutches. If not maybe they want to be sure there wasn't slipping on the other gears from the one clutch you lost
tell

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got 800 miles on mine, half cruising around, half working it hard dragging logs, pulling brush and honeysuckle out. I'm glad I bought mine before reading this thread. I might have been scared off, as it is this is my favorite tool/toy :)
800 miles of good use with no significant problem is reassuring and want to hear more of. I don't plan on climbing rocks with mine but must say it is jumpy on accelerater. My dad always said start on the gas as if you have a raw egg under your shoe. :)

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I still have my 700 and use it for plowing snow right now. The 1000 is definately more jumpy at low speeds. Makes me wonder if the 700 is better for slow technical terrain? I wonder if Honda considered putting a tourqe converter in front of the dct trans to address this? Seems like that would give us the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Delton and swsebek
advertisement