Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
People in cali cant be trusted haul as much weight safely

Or to protect that load correctly with guns. I've always wondered why only in California do things show to cause cancer. Everything I use says it'll cause cancer there. Better watch out @Tflynn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Or to protect that load correctly with guns. I've always wondered why only in California do things show to cause cancer. Everything I use says it'll cause cancer there. Better watch out @Tflynn.

Everything I do causes cancer... lol

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2

Thanks for the warning! Yeah I take my life in my hands everyday here. I just used carburetor cleaner I think I better pop into cancer treatment center of America.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the warning! Yeah I take my life in my hands everyday here. I just used carburetor cleaner I think I better pop into cancer treatment center of America.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
The way I see it: I worked for Nissan for 25 years as a mechanic I was a master Nissan & master ASE. The rule of thumb is a clutch should last a life time of the vehicle is used correctly and adjusted correctly. The PK5 has clutches and its auto which means that a driver can't slip the clutch or dump the clutch. So I say if anyone gets in it to drive it should work. Either in high or low! No way can Honda blame it on human driving error! If it works off of oil pressure then Honda needs to find the problem and fix it. It's simple to drive put it in high or low give it gas and go! How can human error cause it to slip? We paid a lot of money for these machines and Honda needs to step up and come up with a fix! These can be drove by any age person or kid that can reach the steering wheel and gas petal again how can it cause the clutches to slip and burn up? I can't see where Honda can say human error causes clutches to burn up! It's fully automatic and should be automatically fixed and repaired by Honda !

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The way I see it: I worked for Nissan for 25 years as a mechanic I was a master Nissan & master ASE. The rule of thumb is a clutch should last a life time of the vehicle is used correctly and adjusted correctly. The PK5 has clutches and its auto which means that a driver can't slip the clutch or dump the clutch. So I say if anyone gets in it to drive it should work. Either in high or low! No way can Honda blame it on human driving error! If it works off of oil pressure then Honda needs to find the problem and fix it. It's simple to drive put it in high or low give it gas and go! How can human error cause it to slip? We paid a lot of money for these machines and Honda needs to step up and come up with a fix! These can be drove by any age person or kid that can reach the steering wheel and gas petal again how can it cause the clutches to slip and burn up? I can't see where Honda can say human error causes clutches to burn up! It's fully automatic and should be automatically fixed and repaired by Honda !

This is stated PERFECTLY. If damage is caused by simply driving the vehicle, then it is 100% Honda's responsibility. If the design is flawed, it is referred to as a latent defect, and must be fixed. Unfortunately I see this problem becoming more widespread over time, and I dont see ANY action on the part of Honda to find a fix for ALL units.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That silly "class action" phrase just popped into my head again.

I'd be happy with a recall. Normally speaking Honda is very good fixing a problem but I think since a shifting transmission is the pinnacle of the vehicle and they are pushing it above belts bad publicity with clutches is a real touchy subject and hush hush is a main objective. "Fix it as quietly as possible"

Reactions: AKRider
J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then the "fix" should be pushed out as quickly as possible before this kills their product. I bought mine yesterday and am already afraid to drive it. I dont think BMW has these issues with their dual clutch transmissions, so there is obviously a design flaw or quality control issue.

advertisement
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be happy with a recall. Normally speaking Honda is very good fixing a problem but I think since a shifting transmission is the pinnacle of the vehicle and they are pushing it above belts bad publicity with clutches is a real touchy subject and hush hush is a main objective. "Fix it as quietly as possible"

Sounds about right.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I really think and believe Honda will step up & fix the issue.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then the "fix" should be pushed out as quickly as possible before this kills their product. I bought mine yesterday and am already afraid to drive it. I dont think BMW has these issues with their dual clutch transmissions, so there is obviously a design flaw or quality control issue.

Drive it like you stole it... lol. If it breaks make them fix it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Absolutely. Just don't post pics of you driving in any other way then grandma would.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats what im saying. After weeks of lurking on here befor i bought mine. I spkoe with the general manager of my dealership and the service manager together asking about the clutches and if they had seen any failures. They had seen one brought to them after another dealer couldnt fix it. It was brought to them. And even after the owner had told them that he had been dragging his dirt road in high range they still were able to warranty it for him

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
So far I have not had any issues with mine. But stay in turf mode most of the time on my farm and ride it to feed store to buy my horse feed. But I would think if we all loaded it up to the payload of 1,000lbs every day we would all have burnt up clutches and still be legal in Honda rules & regulations

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand