P1000 burnt clutches up with less than 400 miles

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same. Mine got quiet on it's own somewhere between 30 and 50 miles.

Reactions: JTW
J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought one with 27 miles on it and thats how it sounds. Very solid, definite click at the shift. I hope that is the sign of a good machine.

Reactions: JTW
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine clunked also until around 100 miles and its first service

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Anybody have a video of what one SHOULD'T sound like?
I'll see what I can do lol. Still have to do the clutch reset and get it outside again.

Reactions: AKRider and JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What is a clutch reset? I must of missed this process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime you replace clutch is or if you have any kind of problems with the transmission you need to do a transmission reset. It's a process designed for the computer to relearn everything.

Reactions: AKRider
advertisement
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Agreed. They treat all dealers equally. Just look at their pricing. The largest volume dealers pay exact same amount as the small town dealer for these machines. Honda is adimant about that. Like Stihl is.

I live in Mississippi where we have the #1 volume dealer. Mother Honda sells to them at lower prices no one can compete with them. When the CB1100 deluxe came out in 2014 I decided I wanted one after I joined the CB1100 forum. Guys on the forum had theirs ordered for months. I went to Brookhaven Honda told them I wanted a deluxe model and I knew I had to wait. They picked up the phone and told me mine would be here in 2 days!! They shipped it from Chicago which is not our warehouse for the southern region. I got vin #59. The guys on the forum was very upset with mother Honda!! My dealer told me when your #1 dealer Honda gets them what they want! My dealer had had Cali model PK5 in stock the difference in the Cali model is 500lbs payload less for bed hauling!! They did not know why it was less. They had about 30 cali units in deluxe!! Maybe it's cheaper clutches, I have no idea. All shocks looked the same. But the payload decal in the bed showed 500lbs less for the Cali model

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I live in Mississippi where we have the #1 volume dealer. Mother Honda sells to them at lower prices no one can compete with them. When the CB1100 deluxe came out in 2014 I decided I wanted one after I joined the CB1100 forum. Guys on the forum had theirs ordered for months. I went to Brookhaven Honda told them I wanted a deluxe model and I knew I had to wait. They picked up the phone and told me mine would be here in 2 days!! They shipped it from Chicago which is not our warehouse for the southern region. I got vin #59. The guys on the forum was very upset with mother Honda!! My dealer told me when your #1 dealer Honda gets them what they want! My dealer had had Cali model PK5 in stock the difference in the Cali model is 500lbs payload less for bed hauling!! They did not know why it was less. They had about 30 cali units in deluxe!! Maybe it's cheaper clutches, I have no idea. All shocks looked the same. But the payload decal in the bed showed 500lbs less for the Cali model

Probably the exact same rig with different warnings.

Reactions: Ridem32 and AKRider
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Does anyone think the clutch reset should be done periodically as the clutch plates wear?

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does anyone thing the clutch reset should be done periodically as the clutch plates wear?

That's a good question. Can't see it as a bad idea

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement