P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

X

xmountaineer

May 14, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wrestled with a license plate mount and picked up a recovery shackle. Tried mounting the plate/light on the roll bar but it interfered with the dump bed. Hopefully LEO won’t hassle me because it’s angled.
View attachment 317132View attachment 317133

I put mine on the cross bar with some roll bar light mounts from tractor supply. I initially had the mounts in the “up” position but soon realized it interfered with the dump bed. Flipped them over and it barely clears.

349d9e01a307cf9db909179b09c149f9
Ed8386b3ed082a628fa40c6a5c149e19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took my stock battery out because it died. I’m not sure if I go stock again or check out something from batteries plus. 1.5 years for the stock battery doesn’t impress me.
Talking lead acid (Pb) batteries . . . buying a new battery is a bit like buying baked goods, how long it's been sitting on a shelf, (or in the case of a Pioneer sxs, how long it's been awaiting parts to complete it), affects its quality and its future service life. If it measures >12.6 volts, that's good. If it's 12.4 or less, not so much. Sure, you can charge it and it will most likely accept the charge and function fine, but having been stored discharged, the damage has been done to short it's future service life.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I took my stock battery out because it died. I’m not sure if I go stock again or check out something from batteries plus. 1.5 years for the stock battery doesn’t impress me.
I had the reverse experience, stock battery lasted for 4 years, the Stryker batterie almost 2 years?

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to send back a Yuasa 32 AH battery to Azon once, as it had a year old manufactured sticker on it and metered lower voltage at rest than I wanted.
Azon said no problem, sent a new one, said keep the first, which is now my 4 year old secondary battery. Beast of a battery.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The secret to getting long life out of a lead acid battery is;
A) Start with a freshly manufactured battery that hasn’t sat around discharged forever.
B) Keep it charged. Lead acid batteries last longest when they are kept fully charged. A battery tender is your friend.
C) Not applicable to power sports AGM batteries, but for a flooded lead acid battery, keep the electrolyte topped up by adding distilled water.

Many batteries are declared ‘junk’ because the owners neglect them and let them sit discharged. The lead plates get sulfated and battery capacity is lost. It may still show good voltage, but put a load on it and it craps out.

It’s cheaper to give them some attention than it is to replace them over and over.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A) Start with a freshly manufactured battery that hasn’t sat around discharged forever.
B) Keep it charged. Lead acid batteries last longest when they are kept fully charged. A battery tender is your friend.
C) Not applicable to power sports AGM batteries, but for a flooded lead acid battery, keep the electrolyte topped up by adding distilled water.

Many batteries are declared ‘junk’ because the owners neglect them and let them sit discharged. The lead plates get sulfated and battery capacity is lost. It may still show good voltage, but put a load on it and it craps out.

It’s cheaper to give them some attention than it is to replace them over and over.
👆100%

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yep
I have more battery tender Jrs around my place than can count.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you see mine from awhile back??! Same Idea, but yours (or mine) is upside down. I added a bit of resilient closed cell foam in the jack base so it wouldn't rattle around. Also, hard to see in picture, but I cut a bit of 1.75" ID tubing for the U-bolts to clamp against the roll bar - as I was unsure of the roll bar thickness and didn't want to risk denting it.

20210819 221858

advertisement
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Owned this jack longer than my grown kids. New paint, still works fine and will break your jaw if your not familiar with em. Mounted high keeps it clean and wait....for those about to..., the weight doesnt tip me over and its totally secure.
Also helpful to have is the lift strap, hook attachment.
I might get a scissor just because.
20191102 174521

Cely1932

Cely1932

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2021
Loveland, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FINALLY finished terminating wires today and tested everything. Much to my relief, everything worked perfectly. BIG thanks to @Hondasxs for all of his wiring harnesses that I purchased. They are fantastic! It was nice to get the hood & seat back on after what seems like a couple of months of on & off wiring on this thing. Next is to machine & hydrodip the switch panel.

20220216 152902 20220216 152910 20220216 152917

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FINALLY finished terminating wires today and tested everything. Much to my relief, everything worked perfectly. BIG thanks to @Hondasxs for all of his wiring harnesses that I purchased. They are fantastic! It was nice to get the hood & seat back on after what seems like a couple of months of on & off wiring on this thing. Next is to machine & hydrodip the switch panel.

View attachment 319670 View attachment 319671 View attachment 319672
You Sir, Clearly have skills and understanding.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 319670 View attachment 319671 View attachment 319672
That is probably the cleanest most organized wiring I've seen 😳.........nice!! 👍

Wish I would've had the patience and self control to do all that before I had my P1K5 dash deep in mud a few hrs after leaving dealership 😂😂😂 hasn't been clean ever since 😂 🤦‍♂️

Cely1932

Cely1932

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2021
Loveland, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You Sir, Clearly have skills and understanding.
Thank you. Seems like I have to slow down and rethink this stuff every time I do it, even though I've been doing it most of my life!
That is probably the cleanest most organized wiring I've seen 😳.........nice!! 👍

Wish I would've had the patience and self control to do all that before I had my P1K5 dash deep in mud a few hrs after leaving dealership 😂😂😂 hasn't been clean ever since 😂 🤦‍♂️
Thanks! Sometimes I'm not sure it's worth the effort, but I'm recently retired so......
It is not my patience that has kept it so clean. As luck would have it, a buddy of mine finally convinced me to sell him my trailer less than a month prior to placing my deposit for the P5. Between no trailer, not wanting to pay for an OHV sticker with less than a month left in 2021 & needing to install a harness for our special needs son, it just holds down the garage floor while the warranty slowly disappears & I work away on it!

advertisement