Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There are other great designs but I do like this because it's so easy to convert back. In some areas we ride a snorkel is illegal and not only can they fine you but can impound the vehicle so I felt it was my only choice. I had planned on running stock hood when it wasn't wet however I've gotten really use to it and in fact doesn't bother view at all. Even my wife that usually sits shotgun just loves it. Thinks it's cool and reminds us a problem is fixed. Even light from the light-bar that sits behind it isn't effected. We love it but it's probably not for everyone.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like a fancy expensive filter to me. The instructions say to mount high enough to be out of the water.

I would recommend extending the tubing and putting a chainsaw or line trimmer fuel filter on the end of the line. That's what I did and got rid of my bellows after they failed.

View attachment 21357

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

Those three letters (arb) mean a $70 markup

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This is a great idea with the filters. Sometimes seeing a pic makes all the difference I'll probably be doing that as well. We normally pressure wash the entire rig when it does get washed and honestly because of that I was reluctant to put them in harms way but I think if they are ran up then turned around upside down it will work excellent. Thanks for the pic Joey you just solved it for me

Sent from iPhone

M

Mattyb39

Aug 12, 2016
Cranberry Township, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For my next inquiry, what is the purpose of having a PDM? Is it necessary? Also what is the Bussman box all about? Is that basically a fuse box? I'm preparing to purchase the extra battery and isolator but want to make sure I'm going to have everything I need when I install the light bars, switchboard and stereo. Oh, and how necessary are the volt meter gauges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For my next inquiry, what is the purpose of having a PDM? Is it necessary? Also what is the Bussman box all about? Is that basically a fuse box? I'm preparing to purchase the extra battery and isolator but want to make sure I'm going to have everything I need when I install the light bars, switchboard and stereo. Oh, and how necessary are the volt meter gauges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a self-contained waterproof unit that has all the relays and fuses inside. What that means is, all you have to do is connect the p.m. to power and ground. And connect the outputs from the PDM to your switch and accessories. It has I believe five relay outputs and five standard outputs, it could be 6 each but I don't remember right now. After the PDM is mounted and wired to positive and negative, all you do is connect one wire to your switch and one wire to your accessory and it's all color-coded and tagged so it's very simple.

You can do without it but it would be more difficult to make it as clean and organized.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

JeremyDon88

JeremyDon88

Aug 19, 2016
Bono Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image Hey bud I gotta Q for u. I bought the same mounting brackets u did for my light bar off Amazon. The 1.5x2" tube.. They ain't even close to fitting. Did u have to use a longer bolt or something.. Or am I doing something wrong?? Lol

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 21830 Hey bud I gotta Q for u. I bought the same mounting brackets u did for my light bar off Amazon. The 1.5x2" tube.. They ain't even close to fitting. Did u have to use a longer bolt or something.. Or am I doing something wrong?? Lol

I think I used one of the two pieces of rubber and I did use a longer bolt now that I think about it. It wasn't much longer though.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

JeremyDon88

JeremyDon88

Aug 19, 2016
Bono Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok well I was gona take rubber out n use a thinner piece.. It's way off with both in there.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok well I was gona take rubber out n use a thinner piece.. It's way off with both in there.

Here's a couple pics. One is close up to show the clamp does pull tight but I had to remove the rubber piece from one side

F54b60272d1d9c0a5a0dbdb83636c9ad

0ef2f5831584735e7e2a83ff3cb2836a

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

JeremyDon88

JeremyDon88

Aug 19, 2016
Bono Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image Ok thanks for the pic bud.. I tho about that just was worried about it not holding without both pieces in there.. I hope to get everything together this weekend..

Reactions: DGann and joeymt33
advertisement
JeremyDon88

JeremyDon88

Aug 19, 2016
Bono Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
32's and I ain't measured them. I'm glad there no bigger tho. Lol

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The bellows that replace the vent tube.
Not two sure the bellows caused the seal to fail. Was working on my today and found gear lube on my new TA skid plates. Looks like the rear pinion seal is leaking. I'm going to drain and measure the lube in the morning. Anyone had this happen at 250 miles. I bought a 4 year parts and Labor warranty and will a HL lift void the warranty?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not two sure the bellows caused the seal to fail. Was working on my today and found gear lube on my new TA skid plates. Looks like the rear pinion seal is leaking. I'm going to drain and measure the lube in the morning. Anyone had this happen at 250 miles. I bought a 4 year parts and Labor warranty and will a HL lift void the warranty?

That stinks about your seal leaking. I will tell you that it's not too hard to replace. I'd do it myself before letting someone else touch it. The hardest part is manipulating that diff housing out. It's tight.

A friend at Honda told me that the pinion seal needs to be glued in place and it's also A good idea to scuff the housing prior to installing the seal. He mentioned that it's a problem they'd seen before.

So, yours could have failed with out any pressure issue. It may have been an incorrect installation or a part failure.

Another thing about the rear diff, it's so close to the muffler and that makes it get much hotter than the front diff. I had 700 miles or so when it failed and the seal was visibly pushed out.

Here's a pic before i replaced it:
7bdd626c21339dd991c7c9dcbc71a567

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That stinks about your seal leaking. I will tell you that it's not too hard to replace. I'd do it myself before letting someone else touch it. The hardest part is manipulating that diff housing out. It's tight.

A friend at Honda told me that the pinion seal needs to be glued in place and it's also A good idea to scuff the housing prior to installing the seal. He mentioned that it's a problem they'd seen before.

So, yours could have failed with out any pressure issue. It may have been an incorrect installation or a part failure.

Another thing about the rear diff, it's so close to the muffler and that makes it get much hotter than the front diff. I had 700 miles or so when it failed and the seal was visibly pushed out.

Here's a pic before i replaced it:
View attachment 22039

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

What you think guys leaking? 286 miles.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If oil can get out, then water can get in. I would get that fixed right away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

advertisement