Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here ya go bro....
View attachment 22169

Btw, the Honda lights are half as bright as the cheap $20 Amazon lights. I don't recommend them.

Glad I didn't buy them. They were a reward for Ride of they year in 2015. I will say that they are built like a tank though. They should last forever.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Thanks my man! Yea u got the Amazon lights as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
One other question, what type of wires and or sheething did you uses on all the lights and such? I know there may be different gauges, but I was more concerned about protection and size for voltage drop. Thanks

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
One other question, what type of wires and or sheething did you uses on all the lights and such? I know there may be different gauges, but I was more concerned about protection and size for voltage drop. Thanks

Oh, just FYI I'm starting my lights and hook ups now. Just got my switches and bussman. Also mounted a 4" bilge blower aimed slightly towards the exhaust and all the plastic lined with the sound deadening heat reflective sticky stuff as well. That's the reasoning for my questions.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I can't remember the wire gauge but I had a roll of black lamp cord at the house. The wire gauge was larger then what came on the lights and lamp cord has a super thick coating compared to its wire size. Plus it's both pos and neg are joined so it made it look easy. I tied it along the roll bar going to the back lights and used some wire loom in locations where it might scrub.

I ran out of that wire and went to lowes and found more. I used a heavier gauge wire for the 40" light bar but those little lights don't need much. Also, everything will be fused so you shouldn't start a fire

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

M

Mattyb39

Aug 12, 2016
Cranberry Township, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't remember the wire gauge but I had a roll of black lamp cord at the house. The wire gauge was larger then what came on the lights and lamp cord has a super thick coating compared to its wire size. Plus it's both pos and neg are joined so it made it look easy. I tied it along the roll bar going to the back lights and used some wire loom in locations where it might scrub.

I ran out of that wire and went to lowes and found more. I used a heavier gauge wire for the 40" light bar but those little lights don't need much. Also, everything will be fused so you shouldn't start a fire

SIGNATURE:

I'm glad someone asked this question because I'm at that same stage. I wasn't sure what to use either and almost went with lamp cord too but found a cord with 2 wires that was very similar to what came on the lights. I think the gauge may be slightly bigger so it should be plenty enough for the electricity to flow. The only thing different was it had a white and a black wire instead of the red and black but I think I can look past that. I got around 30 feet at Home Depot for around $15 so that makes me happy.

The only plus with using the lamp cord is that it lies flat so it may be easier to hide and stay put in some areas.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

SIGNATURE:

Thanks Joey, I was thinking along the lines of the round rubber cord of cuz of the insulating factor and water proofing. Glad to hear that worked

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I tested strength of the shackles and front bumper today. It passed!

A while back I damaged my trailer so I thought I'd try to use the winch to help straighten it out. As shown in the pic below, I used the shackle as an anchor point and ended up dragging the Pioneer in 4-lock so all 4 tires were dragging.

3032f20968aedc5566a929946eaadba6

23e1142739c31d93e658f85e3f3fbaf0

Cfe9e7606854d7aeb84d6e1d7d756834

SIGNATURE:

M

Mattyb39

Aug 12, 2016
Cranberry Township, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any idea what amp fuse came with the Bussman PDM? I never got one with my order and I just have it directly wired to my aux battery. It seems that everyone else has a fuse in line between the battery and the Bussman so I'm guessing I should do the same. Could I get a circuit breaker for it instead?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Any idea what amp fuse came with the Bussman PDM? I never got one with my order and I just have it directly wired to my aux battery. It seems that everyone else has a fuse in line between the battery and the Bussman so I'm guessing I should do the same. Could I get a circuit breaker for it instead?

It's a 60 amp I believe. A breaker would be just as good

SIGNATURE:

advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Joey, I was thinking along the lines of the round rubber cord of cuz of the insulating factor and water proofing. Glad to hear that worked

Best thing I found for wiring was direct bury landscape lighting wiring. it is 18ga and has heavy insulation for the direct bury application. perfect for our use as well. I used it on most of my accessories.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the clarification. I will be powering a 400 watt amplifier also so I do believe I will be needing a switch for that.

I did want to say any amp with a remote turn on will have a built in relay so all you need is a fuse off of the battery. That remote switch could go either to remote off of stereo if using it for main speakers or a separate switch on the dash is nice for times you don't want to drain the battery or the extra bump that is if you're running it for separate bass.
Many marine decks don't use a memory wire they have internal batteries so check that out.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 6483
Just so you know this style breaker is easier to hook things up to especially multiple and they make them waterproof as well.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
there are NUMEROUS wire size calculators online, plug in the amp load and circuit length (double the length they are for a single conductor so its round trip or any detours it might make, IE to a switch or fuse block)

Here is a fairly accurate table. When it doubt a size larger never hurts(smaller number larger wire, just like shotguns)
Amps and Wire Gauge - 12V Circuit

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the same gauge as what's in the Cooper Bussmann PDM. 16 to/from the switches, 12 from the relays to the accessories. All automotive wire and encased in flexible conduit. Lots of heat shrink, electrical tape and dialectric grease.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I want to say thanks to @CumminsPusher for selling me that windscreen by BugBuster.

At first I was disappointed that I couldn't use it with my mirrors but I installed it anyway and then searched for a better way to install the mirrors. Now they are mounted inside the vehicle which will be great for me because they are always getting knocked off. This was all a round a good day.

723d8ab1a182fc9afa7d332427de973e

B34600be515000771e73bf4f97c55901

SIGNATURE:

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to say thanks to @CumminsPusher for selling me that windscreen by BugBuster.

At first I was disappointed that I couldn't use it with my mirrors but I installed it anyway and then searched for a better way to install the mirrors. Now they are mounted inside the vehicle which will be great for me because they are always getting knocked off. This was all a round a good day.

View attachment 22872

View attachment 22873

SIGNATURE:

Now you don't have to find a stick on the trail to keep the spiders away! Lol

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Check out my new invention, it's a bed extender for camping. I can sleep on it or use it as a table.

There's a guy out call @PioneerPete that thinks it's his idea but don't listen to him.

A94e9d246bf7c20f94ab53f10d4f975c

F02bb7120757f9a1ebc8d38b0fae8d7c

F84b0f302ad7571734d4afa08cf3d6fd

3e50e43360c544041e282d961ac71e76

J/k buddy, thanks for the great idea!

advertisement