sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out my new invention, it's a bed extender for camping. I can sleep on it or use it as a table.

There's a guy out call @PioneerPete that thinks it's his idea but don't listen to him.

View attachment 23103

View attachment 23104

View attachment 23105

View attachment 23106

J/k buddy, thanks for the great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you use the extend tailgate cables, or did you make a small bracket extension and use the factory cables. I'm too lazy to go back through your build. Lol

Reactions: pct
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Did you use the extend tailgate cables, or did you make a small bracket extension and use the factory cables. I'm too lazy to go back through your build. Lol
He added at extention. You can see it in the second pic.

This is a great idea. @pioneerpeat. I mean @joeymt33. I could see this easily becoming like those Jeep tents with full top and sides.

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
Check out my new invention, it's a bed extender for camping. I can sleep on it or use it as a table.

There's a guy out call @PioneerPete that thinks it's his idea but don't listen to him.

View attachment 23103

View attachment 23104

View attachment 23105

View attachment 23106

J/k buddy, thanks for the great idea!

Cool, if it breaks while you sleeping, I hope someone takes a pic because it will funny as all get out

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I found some pieces of metal in the shop that needed no other modification. They fit perfect including the bolt hole size and length. And they are stainless!

I think I had about a dozen more. Anybody want one?

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I can't remember the wire gauge but I had a roll of black lamp cord at the house. The wire gauge was larger then what came on the lights and lamp cord has a super thick coating compared to its wire size. Plus it's both pos and neg are joined so it made it look easy. I tied it along the roll bar going to the back lights and used some wire loom in locations where it might scrub.

I ran out of that wire and went to lowes and found more. I used a heavier gauge wire for the 40" light bar but those little lights don't need much. Also, everything will be fused so you shouldn't start a fire

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Ware did you run the wires from the back lights? I ran mine along the roll cage. I'm having issues on ware to terminate them to get to the front. I was thinking down alongside the middle bar by the front door?

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DIdn't I see somewhere that you had the Walker Evan's shocks on your rig now? Can't seem to find any installation pics.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ware did you run the wires from the back lights? I ran mine along the roll cage. I'm having issues on ware to terminate them to get to the front. I was thinking down alongside the middle bar by the front door?

I ran the wires along the top of the ROPS on the passenger side and then down the front bar by the windshield. I ran the wire thru the gap between the fender and ROPS.

Quote by jackal: "we won't be doing any extreme trails".

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
DIdn't I see somewhere that you had the Walker Evan's shocks on your rig now? Can't seem to find any installation pics.

I borrowed the front only from @Hondasxs for a test drive. It wasn't easy but I get to test them for a month before sending them back.

I did run them last weekend and they felt good but I want to use them some more when I don't have 3 days of camping and riding gear in the back. That way I can get a good comparison of them vs OEM.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I borrowed the front only from @Hondasxs for a test drive. It wasn't easy but I get to test them for a month before sending them back.

I did run them last weekend and they felt good but I want to use them some more when I don't have 3 days of camping and riding gear in the back. That way I can get a good comparison of them vs OEM.

Pretty cool! I would love to see a shootout between them and then the Elka's. If Honda doesn't come out with a new SXS this Fall I might have to get me a set of either type within the next year.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Pretty cool! I would love to see a shootout between them and then the Elka's. If Honda doesn't come out with a new SXS this Fall I might have to get me a set of either type within the next year.
Yep me too I'm not happy with the fronts. I was wondering as well Joey about a comparison. I just want fronts and to hear a report on that, you'd be a great guy to get that information from

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the WE fronts. The Elkas are definitely less expensive but sound like a good deal. I really don't like the OEM fronts. I have a buddy that has the WE set all around on his Ranger and he loves them. They are pricey but they might be worth it. I have no issues with the rear self leveling shocks. I've never bottomed them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He added at extention. You can see it in the second pic.

This is a great idea. @pioneerpeat. I mean @joeymt33. I could see this easily becoming like those Jeep tents with full top and sides.
I agree. Instead of a pop out camper, it'll be a pull out camper lol. Endless possibilities.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Quick question: referring to accessories you connected to the bussmann, where and what did u use for those grounds? I didn't see it in any of the pics. Tying to get ideas. Thanks

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They are grounded on my battery strap. I'll look for a pic.

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
206124f239e6ade209b3fef7a376d937

I used the bolt on the battery strap. In this pic there is just one ground but I have more there now.

It would have been cleaner to use a ground block with 6-10 lugs but I was to anxious to get it done.

Signature:

QUOTE by Eltobgi, Honda...Strong enough for the Farm!...Dependable enough for everything else!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 23634

I used the bolt on the battery strap. In this pic there is just one ground but I have more there now.

It would have been cleaner to use a ground block with 6-10 lugs but I was to anxious to get it done.

Signature:

Thanks. I was thinking that was what you did. But I was thinking a grounding block possibly. But at least that gives me an option if I get too anxious

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That is exactly what I did. I jumpered all of my grounds and routed them back to a grounding bar that I mounted under the hood. I tapped the brown headlight wire and ran that to my switch panel. Then I jumpered all of the led backlights off of that. That way my switches are backlit when I have the headlights on even if the switch is off. I am a novice at best when it comes to wiring so you may get some better feedback from the other guys on the right way to do it.

View attachment 20022
I have a question, for some reason I'm having trouble with the brown wire from headlight hook up. Where is that location at that you picked that up from exactly? I'm having trouble following those ( could be that I'm tired ) but all I'm seeing when I'm tracing under the hood area is different brown wires with stripes. Is it a solid brown? Also my bussman should be wired to the auxiliary battery side correct? Or is that just a preference?

advertisement