P500 p5 suspension

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Made up a small video of the rear suspension at work. nothing special , just figured I would post it !

sorry for the sideways view , new camera and learning how to use it.

Ignore the goofball at the end , he doesn't know what he is doing......lol

Good vid! I just got a camera today for my b-day from the Princess, so now I can't wait to do the same kind of vid with my setup! Very cool watching the suspension work!

Reactions: Tflynn and Chooglin
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Went for a good ride today and took some good vids. Still don't have the valving set up (still waiting for parts) to have the shocks seeing each other, but I gotta say I'm totally impressed with the performance of the suspension. We purposely drove over a downed tree multiple times that we got totally stuck on before- and I do mean stuck. Driving over that tree now is a non-event, even when I went over it and bridged up on the skid plate, the extra travel allowed it to just drag itself over. The ride quality over the deep ruts we had to crawl through in low gear before isn't even in the same universe as the stockers. I charged through those same ruts in 3rd gear with no bottoming or discomfort at all. It's just a completely different machine. We also drove it on the side of some pretty steep hills, and it definitely leans more, but when I got out and looked, it was no where near as dramatic as it felt, and my RSB is removed. So, I tried to upload the videos, but the "upload a file' action, refuses to see my video files. Can anyone help me with this?

C

Chooglin

You need to upload it to YouTube first , then post the link to it here !

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
You need to upload it to YouTube first , then post the link to it here !
Well I tried it, but 'google' wants all my personal info to sell to advertisers and whoever else they want, and I don't do that. Sorry boys. A couple of the guys I work with post stuff to ur-toobed, so I'll have them post the vids for me. A shame we can't just upload vids here.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I am the same way, I had to make a throw away account for youtube. I also use Vimeo.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I am the same way, I had to make a throw away account for youtube. I also use Vimeo.

That's what I did too. Don't link youtube to any important email address, it will set your youtube screen name to all your google accounts.
Yeah, I was sending company emails out with the name Guns and Hammers attached to them. Could've been a worse name I guess.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I went all over town to tire shops and machine shops today trying to find someone with a compressor that would hit 150 psi and couldn't. So I pulled the air shocks, left all the lines and valves In place and put the stockers back on. We have a group camp out and riding event this weekend, couldn't jack with this anymore right now. Think I'm going to have to do doubles when I get back on it. :(

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went all over town to tire shops and machine shops today trying to find someone with a compressor that would hit 150 psi and couldn't. So I pulled the air shocks, left all the lines and valves In place and put the stockers back on. We have a group camp out and riding event this weekend, couldn't jack with this anymore right now. Think I'm going to have to do doubles when I get back on it. :(
Go to a heating and AC shop. My nitrogen tanks have 3000psi. The the pressure regulator can be set down to 100psi to 650psi and its a dry gas. Same thing the put in the aftermarket shocks. A forty cf tank cost about$22.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Go to a heating and AC shop. My nitrogen tanks have 3000psi. The the pressure regulator can be set down to 100psi to 650psi and its a dry gas. Same thing the put in the aftermarket shocks. A forty cf tank cost about$22.
Hey that's a great idea! I'm surprised my buddy who's shop I was doing that in didn't suggest it, he's retired from his heat and air business????

Reactions: Windrock1000
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey that's a great idea! I'm surprised my buddy who's shop I was doing that in didn't suggest it, he's retired from his heat and air business????

One tank would do 50 shocks. If they are any dirty track racers shops are around go their they do the same thing. If not you can go buy a charged tank,regulator, and hose around $220. Johnson Supply will must likely sell it to you.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
One tank would do 50 shocks. If they are any dirty track racers shops are around go their they do the same thing. If not you can go buy a charged tank,regulator, and hose around $220. Johnson Supply will must likely sell it to you.
Thanks, I'm going to look into this.

Reactions: Windrock1000
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did you try running with 125psi 'isolated' ? Just curious. Doubles will solve the air pressure issues.
I couldn't get the machine to hold its 10-1/2" of clearance either way.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
https://youtu.be/A7G2-zYGats

If you click on the link at top, you'll see the three vids I posted. The first two vids were taken before the machine had 20 miles on it. I had no idea that I would be using them to compare a suspension mod! If the links work properly, I'll post the newer ones with the quad air shocks over the same section of trail, and a couple of different obstacles as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry you couldn't get a good ride out of it. I promise you won't be disappointed with the end result, with either higher pressure, or double shocks. If I can get the links to my vids to work, I'll have them posted here shortly.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Well, the links I posted appear to work, but now google won't let me sign back in to add more. This is starting to really p.m.o.

miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
maybe try kassmaul electric I run onboard air compressor for the fire trucks that build up that high of a pressure to compensate for air leaks in system when trucks are at rest and there 12 volt system and turn on and off when set to desired pressure

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement