P1000 Fox shocks...Great deal.

J

JTW

I can honestly say that @CumminsPusher found the Fox for much cheaper than what I paid for the WE's. But the Fox weren't out at the time and I needed something. If I was doing it now I'd go with the Fox for the price. I looked for WE on eBay and couldn't find any.
Yeah, I'm going to let them figure out if I'm going Fox or Elka. I'm already leaning towards Fox though. I may change my mind on the rears but the fronts I can see where they'll help for my riding style. I wannna go faaaasst!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, I'm going to let them figure out if I'm going Fox or Elka. I'm already leaning towards Fox though. I may change my mind on the rears but the fronts I can see where they'll help for my riding style. I wannna go faaaasst!

We all know the front shocks absolutely need something but I think the backs are by personal application. I'd put a bet most people that buy the fronts will buy the rear. Joey Snuff and Pete all said it and damn they had me pegged. Jerks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think your right jtw. Maybe wait till after the takeover. Assuming every one involved that has the 3 different brands will want to compare them against the other 2 options.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I think your right jtw. Maybe wait till after the takeover. Assuming every one involved that has the 3 different brands will want to compare them against the other 2 options.

Yup.. if they don't willingly... we'll just borrow them without their knowing!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup.. if they don't willingly... we'll just borrow them without their knowing!
Pics or it didnt happen! Lol. Just made me wonder. I wonder how many key codes honda made for these. How many might be interchangeable?

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ordered the fronts. I've got the P3. Anyone want to sell a set of adjustable rears? I haul a dog box and a bunch of dogs in mine all the time. 4-500 lbs. I think the adjustables would be a big help.

advertisement
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ordered the fronts. I've got the P3. Anyone want to sell a set of adjustable rears? I haul a dog box and a bunch of dogs in mine all the time. 4-500 lbs. I think the adjustables would be a big help.
Does your rig squat under load? I would love to compare leveling vs non with like 500 lbs in the back

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

I'll be happy to sell my adjustable rear shocks, with just a little over 100 miles, to anyone.. first $699 takes them!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does your rig squat under load? I would love to compare leveling vs non with like 500 lbs in the back

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
It probably dips a little, maybe an inch but I've never noticed it much. We drive in some horrifically rough country. Everything from big rocky steep trails to deep snow that we have to chew through. Ive bottomed out the front end numerous times. Stock tires were junk. A sharp rock cut one up under the snow. Bent an axle on the Ranger. We've replaced a lot of parts on the two Rangers over the last couple years. So far the Pioneer has held up OK. I think better shocks will help.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'll be happy to sell my adjustable rear shocks, with just a little over 100 miles, to anyone.. first $699 takes them!
699? I got some coming for free and so does @Tigermark from a couple other members.
But I was thinking about this shock thing. It seems most of the guys that are adding shocks to their 1000 have the 5 seater. @joeymt33 correct me if it's an equal amount -3 and -5 but I don't think so. Maybe the shocks are different than what's on the -3. I know the rear are "self leveling" on the 5. I wonder if by making them that way Honda gave up some other things like rideability, etc... All these things the 5 owners seem to gain by adding pricey aftermarket shocks. And the geometry with these shocks may put more weight on the front of the 5's causing the "bottoming out" some complain about that doesn't happen to me. Think about it.

advertisement