image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
R

Rodney960

Mar 11, 2017
South
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
His first ride you will need some time for! His second.... well you’ll need some time for that one too! Hopefully the Yamehaw will hold up to Dave’s “easy driving” hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! Well I love a good story so can't wait till I get to find out one day. Ride hard, Play hard!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
His first ride you will need some time for! His second.... well you’ll need some time for that one too! Hopefully the Yamehaw will hold up to Dave’s “easy driving” hahaha

Not my driving that takes out clutches! Someone couldn't drive one hard enough to kill clutches every300 miles or less. People origanally told me mine were going out because I was riding too slow like a p***y then at Takeover I'm riding too hard like madman. It doesn't matter how you drive mine, plus wouldn't you think I'd baby them at some point? I'm sick of opening up the trans! I can keep the popo running but not the Honda, it's not me. People should be concerned because if this happens to them out of warrentee it's 1000's of dollars. At some point Honda won't fix problems like mine for others.
I guess it's like the last one with no snorkel on it,goes down Honda says not possible from tire spray people start to snorkel heavy and Honda adds a fix to what they blasted me as not happening.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not my driving that takes out clutches! Someone couldn't drive one hard enough to kill clutches every300 miles or less. People origanally told me mine were going out because I was riding too slow like a kitty then at Takeover I'm riding too hard like madman. It doesn't matter how you drive mine, plus wouldn't you think I'd baby them at some point? I'm sick of opening up the trans! I can keep the popo running but not the Honda, it's not me. People should be concerned because if this happens to them out of warrentee it's 1000's of dollars. At some point Honda won't fix problems like mine for others.
I guess it's like the last one with no snorkel on it,goes down Honda says not possible from tire spray people start to snorkel heavy and Honda adds a fix to what they blasted me as not happening.

I agree. Not bashing you at all bro! Just you have some long stories with all the (unfortunate) drama you have endured.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I agree. Not bashing you at all bro! Just you have some long stories with all the (unfortunate) drama you have endured.

I know buddy. I'm just pissed off. I love my rig but it's just a paper weight right now. Spent another 250 on it today and it sits. It's not my driving like people think and I'd put big money the Yami will take what it's going to get. My last 1000 did and more. This one is a POS! A pos that after the last one were well over 40k to try to own one. Frustrated!!! Anyone that went through what we have would probably be much more upset,you hear all the time just a rattle that's adjustable and someone sells it. I'm still trying to fix mine because I love it running!

Last edited:
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nope. I'd have gone back to rubber band if I'd gone through what you have.
I did on this one. I can fix that it doesn't need to go to Honda and have parts "swapped with known working part" for 100$ hour by a guy less knowledgeable then me.
This s*** isn't fun but learning more then I wanted to know
IMG 1023

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know buddy. I'm just pissed off. I love my rig but it's just a paper weight right now. Spent another 250 on it today and it sits. It's not my driving like people think and I'd put big money the Yami will take what it's going to get. My last 1000 did and more. This one is a POS! A pos that after the last one were well over 40k to try to own one. Frustrated!!! Anyone that went through what we have would probably be much more upset,you hear all the time just a rattle that's adjustable and someone sells it. I'm still trying to fix mine because I love it running!

I’ll repeat my quote from many other conversations. Some of these units are awesome... some are crap. The QC at Honda is horrible! I’m thankful I have a good one and it hasn’t had a lick of problems. Wish you could put this motor in your last unit. Wish Honda would have done the right thing on the last unit. I’d be considering a lawsuit now that they have knowingly admitted a problem that they told you didn’t exist. Sucks it happened.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did on this one. I can fix that it doesn't need to go to Honda and have parts "swapped with known working part" for 100$ hour by a guy less knowledgeable then me.
This s*** isn't fun but learning more then I wanted to know
View attachment 50181
Man that does not look like fun.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
For anyone wondering what exactly is going on with ours this is a direct quote from a certified Honda mechanic and is our direct symptom. Keep in mind the one that's being described is in the showroom. Shows what we're going through but obviously he has factory support.

we too have a pioneer that has been here for over 2 months. I have searched forum and have not seen any solution to this. our sxs 1000 p5 also runs for about 10 minutes, at which point it starts to shift very bad, then feels like it just goes into neutral, will just rev up and will not move. then shows code 62-1. after it cools down for an hour or 2 it will run for about 10 more minutes. we have mcs plugged in and it shows loss of oil pressure to both clutches. line oil pressure is ok. Unit is new with only a few miles on it, just from driving in and out everyday. Honda has had us replace 1-3-5 clutch assem, the clutch pack was ok not blued or worn out we just replaced to be sure. complete valve body and all solinoids, plus swapped out pcm with another unit. also preformed clutch learning procedure, also spacer plate with new oil pump. very strange our techs have no idea, and either does Honda, as they have been here multiple times. Any help or sugestions would be very helpful
thank you.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For anyone wondering what exactly is going on with ours this is a direct quote from a certified Honda mechanic and is our direct symptom. Keep in mind the one that's being described is in the showroom. Shows what we're going through but obviously he has factory support.

we too have a pioneer that has been here for over 2 months. I have searched forum and have not seen any solution to this. our sxs 1000 p5 also runs for about 10 minutes, at which point it starts to shift very bad, then feels like it just goes into neutral, will just rev up and will not move. then shows code 62-1. after it cools down for an hour or 2 it will run for about 10 more minutes. we have mcs plugged in and it shows loss of oil pressure to both clutches. line oil pressure is ok. Unit is new with only a few miles on it, just from driving in and out everyday. Honda has had us replace 1-3-5 clutch assem, the clutch pack was ok not blued or worn out we just replaced to be sure. complete valve body and all solinoids, plus swapped out pcm with another unit. also preformed clutch learning procedure, also spacer plate with new oil pump. very strange our techs have no idea, and either does Honda, as they have been here multiple times. Any help or sugestions would be very helpful
thank you.
Seems like they should be offering you some form of compensation for doing their diagnostic work for them. A finder's fee if you will.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ll repeat my quote from many other conversations. Some of these units are awesome... some are crap. The QC at Honda is horrible! I’m thankful I have a good one and it hasn’t had a lick of problems. Wish you could put this motor in your last unit. Wish Honda would have done the right thing on the last unit. I’d be considering a lawsuit now that they have knowingly admitted a problem that they told you didn’t exist. Sucks it happened.

Well I'm really glad most of these machines are proving to be great for people. It's the best platform out there and a blast to drive! Only machine that will get my family where we want to be!
I'm not downing other people's never have but the qc does need to come up! This has probably happened to others and was brushed under the table. One happened in the showroom and the tech was on a forum asking for help?
Anyway rant over. Just got done trying something else that failed so I shouldn't be posting on this right now. My apologies to all the good ones out there.
PJ is down for a bit I'm done no more time and can't afford to keep going right now it's not going this weekend. Plan b and backup is coming so it's time to get back out and enjoy what we've been missing out on. Friends coming and we just want to ride with them! I'm going to think about that and move on.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im bringing you a great rig. Unfortunately it doesn't make your problems with the pioneer go away. If I did a plumbing job for someone and they had a couple leaks after a party and I refused to warranty a busted water line because they had to many people at the party flushing the toilets . Same difference and sounds incredibly silly. I sure hope mine stays healthy.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher I say get a good attorney and file a lawsuit! No one should have to endure what you have had to! You don't owe anyone anything! They owe you! Their horrible treatment to good people will continue until someone steps up and calls them on their bulls***! :mad:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Plan b.
IMG 1024

Thanks so much to my friend Plumber! Don't worry buddy by Friday I'll be in much better mood. I am very excited for you coming out with the new rig (had to buy it there to get your ass here lol) and we're truly happy to meet the fam. Super excited to ride with IdahoPioneer and tmjm76691 finally as well we've been talking for awhile and missed opportunities so this is awesome!! Good times very soon

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher I say get a good attorney and file a lawsuit! No one should have to endure what you have had to! You don't owe anyone anything! They owe you! Their horrible treatment to good people will continue until someone steps up and calls them on their bulls***! :mad:
There are options.

advertisement