image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Send me those parts. PCM 3 min swap, whole solenoid swap 15 min. Plastic is out and crossmember is out from the igr.
It's not the sensors or signals that got ruled out tonight. I'll try to get things shipped soon maybe but I'm pissed off and just done Snuff.
Not complaining just being honest. I don't want to talk about our Pioneer anymore we still have many other Hondas that are dependable and a new Sxs so focus will shift to those and how to make them work out for a bit.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
For anyone wondering what exactly is going on with ours this is a direct quote from a certified Honda mechanic and is our direct symptom.

<snipped for brevity>

very strange our techs have no idea, and either does Honda, as they have been here multiple times. Any help or sugestions would be very helpful
thank you.

And the real question is, what is your consulting fee to Honda (on an hourly rate) and did you get a time and materials contract?

I feel your pain ... I bought a custom axle for an old Jeep from a "new" company. Turned out it would puke gear oil like crazy so I got to be their test mule and did a lot of uncompensated R&D .... and I paid 3k for the assembly ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And the real question is, what is your consulting fee to Honda (on an hourly rate) and did you get a time and materials contract?

I feel your pain ... I bought a custom axle for an old Jeep from a "new" company. Turned out it would puke gear oil like crazy so I got to be their test mule and did a lot of uncompensated R&D .... and I paid 3k for the assembly ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a lot of free r&d for Honda that's for sure lol. Sure it'll all work just pissed right now but it's time get back out there and enjoy the woods:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I doubt that you will buy anything from PJ ole CP will get her back better than before and I believe that is a garentee
True that PJ is not for sale lol. Just because your kid does something stupid and you get pissed off doesn't mean he's not your kid anymore. You'll still defend and take care of him. She is still part of the family

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wait till your kids hit 18........ you'll surprise yourself.

Mine still seem to "shop" at Mom and Dad's quite regularly!
I'm ok with that as long as the kid is bettering themself and not just mooching. Kids have gotten way too lazy

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm ok with that as long as the kid is bettering themself and not just mooching. Kids have gotten way too lazy

My wife and I talk about what we might have done differently but the bottom line is that all 4 of our kids are gainfully employed and are very good at whatever it is that they are doing.

And most importantly....... seem to be very happy!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My wife and I talk about what we might have done differently but the bottom line is that all 4 of our kids are gainfully employed and are very good at whatever it is that they are doing.

And most importantly....... seem to be very happy!
Then be proud you did your job :)

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My oldest son is an attorney in Portland Oregon. (every family needs to have one right?!?!?)
As he finished his undergraduate schooling and began law school he was home working with me for the summer painting houses, he said to me, "you've earned a good living and supported us well Dad, but I don't want to work with my hands all my life."

I reminded him of my rule...........

I don't care what my children do for a living as long as they are happier than me........ I'm good!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My oldest son is an attorney in Portland Oregon. (every family needs to have one right?!?!?)
As he finished his undergraduate schooling and began law school he was home working with me for the summer painting houses, he said to me, "you've earned a good living and supported us well Dad, but I don't want to work with my hands all my life."

I reminded him of my rule...........

I don't care what my children do for a living as long as they are happier than me........ I'm good!
First time my dad said he was proud of me and I actually believed it, was when I began trucking and quickly moved to a position earning 3 times what his best year ever was as a toolmaker, and he knew I actually enjoyed the job.

advertisement