image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
look up kingston or enaville idaho. thats were i grew up.And definitely stop in at the snake pit and get there chicken fried steak.
Yep that's 6.2 miles from our intended path. If it sounds good to the group we may run up there.
IMG 0993

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher I haven’t been following as close as I should have, is PJ running yet? Did you figure out what’s wrong if not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's back running but trans is throwing a code and won't reset and neither will the computer. Been testing what's possible and slowly changing things out but there are about 35 things that control it and most of the manual says "test with known working part" so it's a b**** without having another machine laying around. Been in and out of the trans about 10 times trying things and new oil each time so About 10 gallons just there. New clutches are in but no shift unless manually locked into safe mode.
Got a couple sensors being over nighted trying to get her going for this weekend but not looking good. This trans is very complicated and expensive been a pita. Sucks when you can build anything you want for the machine but can't fix it to save your life

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's back running but trans is throwing a code and won't reset and neither will the computer. Been testing what's possible and slowly changing things out but there are about 35 things that control it and most of the manual says "test with known working part" so it's a b**** without having another machine laying around. Been in and out of the trans about 10 times trying things and new oil each time so About 10 gallons just there. .
Got a couple sensors being over nighted trying to get her going for this weekend but not looking good. This trans is very complicated with no real direction and expensive been a pita. Sucks when you can build anything you want for the machine but can't fix it to save your life

I'm still betting on you CP!

There isn't a Honda that has been built that can take you!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm still betting on you CP!

There isn't a Honda that has been built that can take you!
I appreciate that but after it being down for over two months I'm dejected. We just want to get back out and ride, this thing has cost my family our summer. That is why I had to swallow my pride and buy Yamaha and ease up weekends staying home to work on it, sucks buddy but we're back out this weekend just not how we want to be. Sometimes you have to take a step back and try again

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's back running but trans is throwing a code and won't reset and neither will the computer. Been testing what's possible and slowly changing things out but there are about 35 things that control it and most of the manual says "test with known working part" so it's a b**** without having another machine laying around. Been in and out of the trans about 10 times trying things and new oil each time so About 10 gallons just there. New clutches are in but no shift unless manually locked into safe mode.
Got a couple sensors being over nighted trying to get her going for this weekend but not looking good. This trans is very complicated with no real direction and expensive been a pita. Sucks when you can build anything you want for the machine but can't fix it to save your life
Do you have anyone close with a P 1000, borrow there PCM and plug it in, see what happens. Looked up on the Honda fiche. part # PGM-FI UNIT 38770-HL4-A13 $ 266.33 .At Heartland Honda

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you have anyone close with a P 1000, borrow there PCM and plug it in, see what happens. Looked up on the Honda fiche. part # PGM-FI UNIT 38770-HL4-A13 $ 266.33 .At Heartland Honda
The manual says there is no way to check this unit other than plugging one in thats works, pretty dumb!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not close. Not super excited to pull someone's pcm and chance it anyway. Buying that will be last resort already got too much at it. Sold my bike for bills to this and a down on the new machine. I've found several posts with people same issue and even a Honda tech asking a forum questions because Honda couldn't help him with it. This has been why I've been pissy lately and this'll be the first weekend in 17 years I won't be riding a Honda in some way
I totally understand.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I appreciate that but after it being down for over two months I'm dejected. We just want to get back out and ride, this thing has cost my family our summer. That is why I had to swallow my pride and buy Yamaha and ease up weekends staying home to work on it, sucks buddy but we're back out this weekend just not how we want to be. Sometimes you have to take a step back and try again
I know this is really stupid, but have you checked the voltage at the battery and chased it out?

advertisement