Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You did a damn fine job on your talon CP. I wish I had your mechanic skills fo sho
Thank you Jadie. 😊I’ve definitely been motivated on this machine it felt good to do it again for fun. There’s still more to do and after a few hard miles I’ll figure out what else is wanted. Been 5 years since I had a machine actually ready for the trails, feels good.
Now it’s time to cut back on all the work and ride! Going to take a nap first lol.

Last edited:
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Switches arrived today. I’m not one to usually like the weird ones and most everyone is welcome to drive any of my machines so tend to keep things easy to figure out.
But…I wanted something different for the party lights. Theses switches are separated in the overhead console. Custom was perfect. “Dash” is for Talon dash light and headlight change color, “HFAWHA” is for party lighting in speakers, speaker rings and under vehicle, and “Trump 2024” is for the whips. All will be controlled by same controller, that has separate zones, but wanted easy on/off switches for each.
Now just have to get whips and under lighting that is RGB 4-wire controlled. Later.

B5E54BD3 D468 4E26 9CB8 DBB9AC4CA6F4

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Switches arrived today. I’m not one to usually like the weird ones and most everyone is welcome to drive any of my machines so tend to keep things easy to figure out.
But…I wanted something different for the party lights. Theses switches are separated in the overhead console. Custom was perfect. “Dash” is for Talon dash light and headlight change color, “HFAWHA” is for party lighting in speakers, speaker rings and under vehicle, and “Trump 2024” is for the whips. All will be controlled by same controller, that has separate zones, but wanted easy on/off switches for each.
Now just have to get whips and under lighting that is RGB 4-wire controlled. Later.

View attachment 328000
Everything’s looking good buddy! I love the way the talon looks. Where did you get your switches?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Everything’s looking good buddy! I love the way the talon looks. Where did you get your switches?
Custom Rocker Switch - Design Your OWN - STARK 5-PIN Laser Etched LED Rocker Switch Dual Light - 20A 12V ON/Off (Blue/White)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4CLC5R/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Right here, took me forever to find someone that did them. It is kind of a little pain to get the image. You have to find low quality black/white on Google then I reversed the image and sized on phone but got them figured out. Took a couple hours farting around. You’ll see on their site what I’m talking about but it was kinda fun to do something different.

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Custom Rocker Switch - Design Your OWN - STARK 5-PIN Laser Etched LED Rocker Switch Dual Light - 20A 12V ON/Off (Blue/White)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4CLC5R/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Right here, took me forever to find someone that did them. It is kind of a little pain to get the image. You have to find low quality black/white on Google then I reversed the image and sized on phone but got them figured out. Took a couple hours farting around. You’ll see on their site what I’m talking about but it was kinda fun to do something different.
Those are awesome. The HFA one is tits!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Getting close! Now I’ve got my own cooler and seems to be great fit. Ain’t no Pelican but seems good enough for the money. Important accessory.

2E81C897 D39C 4D84 8819 B11F6F51C137

advertisement
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Getting close! Now I’ve got my own cooler and seems to be great fit. Ain’t no Pelican but seems good enough for the money. Important accessory.

View attachment 328113
Paint it red and slap a Milwaukee sticker on it. 😄👌🖖✌️💪🍺🍻🤠

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well this’ll probably be a failure but got bored and decided to cut something. Play around with it a little more and see for sure. Sometimes you don’t know until you start into something.

E82E8CD5 DA8D 4C34 9874 5952FDE86F75
C9DF7137 9F68 4AB6 B613 E2DAE1E05880

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Well this’ll probably be a failure but got bored and decided to cut something. Play around with it a little more and see for sure. Sometimes you don’t know until you start into something.

View attachment 328315View attachment 328316
I see you cut the center support out what all is involved other the cutting mount did you re attach to draw center down been looking into doing something similar on mine to help clear garage door without having to sinch down rear shocks

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I see you cut the center support out what all is involved other the cutting mount did you re attach to draw center down been looking into doing something similar on mine to help clear garage door without having to sinch down rear shocks
Same boat here lol. We can take out mattress to get it in but don’t want to. And I’m not going to strap the rear suspension. Also could deflate or run a diff rim for towing. None of that is appealing
So I’m sure you’re looking at that same 3” bump in center.
Im not thinking that center brace is problem, but it’d still need 1/2” spacer placed there. I was figuring a smooth top hex on top then correct size bolt for an encapsulated nut for that one.
Still doing some figuring, everything is just screwed together till I think it’d work. I never really liked the Honda roof vents. They say they did that for backwards towing but if lip is shorter I’m not sure that’d matter but I won’t tow mine backwards.
Now there are a ton of flat roof options for Talon. Satv has a cool tinted plexi one. And a lot of aluminum ones. I don’t like aluminum personally and I couldn’t find any that cover the ROPS edges smoothly to rub against trees. But there are some other options

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
as an alternative and I didn't like the plastic roof, just bent a piece of aluminum to cover the side of the ROPS and used the existing 4 mounting bolts - I put an 1/16" of rubber at the back center where it was bolted - roof conforms to ROPS in the back - clamp/mark/drill.

IMG 5128 IMG 5525

advertisement