Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Received this today, got plans to back light it down the road so not sure I’ll put it on right yet. Gotta figure out all the lighting and want everything here to do at once but that’s not effecting getting her ready to ride. Just hate them dummy stickers on the machine, not like they get followed anyways.
thank you @highpocket74 this is EXACTLY what was wanted! Right gauge and size lettering for this project

View attachment 322089
That turned out GREAT! I like the blue paint also.
These are custom and I'll have to special order but can add to the store for orders. At this time I can't get them powder coated so customers would have to paint themselves.

I'm late responding because I wasn't getting notifications of thread updates.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
That turned out GREAT! I like the blue paint also.
These are custom and I'll have to special order but can add to the store for orders. At this time I can't get them powder coated so customers would have to paint themselves.

I'm late responding because I wasn't getting notifications of thread updates.
Ordered 5 of these made to see how they do and I'll get listed on my website for those interested. It will take about 2 weeks to get these in. The panels will be exactly like this one, 0.100" thick aluminum, 1/8" diameter mounting holes, and no paint. Customer will have to paint or powder coat themselves, price will be $45. The mounting holes are small so customers can use as pilot holes for whatever fasteners they choose to use. I have push rivets if that what you want to use and drill the pilot holes to 5/16" (8mm).

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ordered 5 of these made to see how they do and I'll get listed on my website for those interested. It will take about 2 weeks to get these in. The panels will be exactly like this one, 0.100" thick aluminum, 1/8" diameter mounting holes, and no paint. Customer will have to paint or powder coat themselves, price will be $45. The mounting holes are small so customers can use as pilot holes for whatever fasteners they choose to use. I have push rivets if that what you want to use and drill the pilot holes to 5/16" (8mm).
I would consider doing a super thin second piece as a backing. The dash isn’t flat across that section so it’d give nice finish behind. Then someone could leave alum finish on either piece or color coordinate the letters or the surrounding to what they’d like.
I wanted it cut through to illuminate so didn’t matter. There’s also this option, was just going to use 1/2 plexi behind with led.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just messing with you, it looks great.
I know. It does suck to do that much work to just basically have a stock machine🥴 She is 100% useable though. Got a few goods on there as I went along. Hard replacing and building at once. I said I wasn’t going to do it on this one but lots more to come.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know. It does suck to do that much work to just basically have a stock machine🥴 She is 100% useable though. Got a few goods on there as I went along. Hard replacing and building at once. I said I wasn’t going to do it on this one but lots more to come.
Ya but your ready to drive it now! Lots of time for mods and the more you run it will help with exactly what you’re gonna do.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya but your ready to drive it now! Lots of time for mods and the more you run it will help with exactly what you’re gonna do.
Exactly. My goal besides getting it running was to add enough protection off the bat to protect it some. Other then front bumper that’s being made it’s all handled. Anything else is just a bonus

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Going to look wicked I think. Painted frame and tint glass Got glass back next day and no cost. I do side work occasionally for the owner of the glass shop so he threw me a bone😉
Normally I install but he said bring it in, so ready to go.

2F2FD865 7BBE 4DA7 ABA4 BC901BDA256A

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Going to look wicked I think. Painted frame and tint glass Got glass back next day and no cost. I do side work occasionally for the owner of the glass shop so he threw me a bone😉
Normally I install but he said bring it in, so ready to go.

View attachment 323198
Throwing you a bone needs #nohomo

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Stayed a few hours late tonight and got the headliner ground down and sprayed. Not perfect but it’ll look pretty good I think. That was a lot of fiberglass to be ground down. Sealed and chip guard.

6C6CCEFD 3371 4C72 AF01 E6EEF018E580

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I really like the Bosman Designs burmpers, they have this smaller one and a wider model that goes under the headlights. View attachment 323346
That’s what’s coming. The wider version with shackle mounts. They are still 10 days till it ships😢
I fell in love with that immediately. Gives sport look, protects everything and shortens up the front so it’ll load in my pickup box.

Last edited:
advertisement