CP’s Talon Rebuild

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Got the cluster relocation kit in. Not sure why I had to extend wire for mode switch but did. Moved the switches tried everything could with routing but in the end extended it. Probably got a switch or harness that’s just a bit short.
Since I lengthened it I went ahead and lengthened the launch mode because it was tighter then I’d want. Then obviously the required power outlet.
View attachment 322707

View attachment 322708

View attachment 322705

Sanded the printer lines off and painted blue to give it a little bling. Also painted the Talon dash cover while I was at it.

View attachment 322706

The gauge relocation is an absolute game changer in my book and yours looks fantastic. I don't know what Honda was thinking, but they sure screwed the pooch on that one. Sure glad we've got some entrepreneurial spirit here at HondaSxS. (@sspeederr)

Steve

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The gauge relocation is an absolute game changer in my book and yours looks fantastic. I don't know what Honda was thinking, but they sure screwed the pooch on that one. Sure glad we've got some entrepreneurial spirit here at HondaSxS.

Steve
I agree. Our Wolverine has the center cluster and I’ve always hated it. So when Talon showed up that way was less then impressed. The Honda cluster always looked small so this gives the illusion it’s larger also and I like how it stays with the column now.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
The gauge relocation is an absolute game changer in my book and yours looks fantastic. I don't know what Honda was thinking, but they sure screwed the pooch on that one. Sure glad we've got some entrepreneurial spirit here at HondaSxS.

Steve
And Honda agrees and copied it in for 2022. That and the removable grill are the only 2 visible changes they made for 2022.

Oh, and it looks like they cheaped out and went back to halogen headlights on the base models. LED's are only on the LV models.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5