Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
anything definitive on what changes they are making to the clutches or clutch packs?
So far, there has only been approximately 5 or 6 actual clutches replaced and just as many minor electrical connection / grounding issues causing the problems of those that have been corrected.

Here is the updated list, only 6 or 7 units (from what has been posted and self reported here) still waiting to have issues resolved:
P1K Issues 3 20 16

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I talked to my dealer yesterday and let him know the issue I was having. They are going to call the Honda service rep and get him to come out. I was told to enjoy it until they can get a time when he can be there.

The service manager called me today and let me know that he had gone into this forum and saw that others were having issues. He already ordered both clutch packs so we don't have to wait once Honda gives the go ahead. If it isn't the clutch, I'm sure they will use the clutch packs at some point.

Reactions: pct
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I talked to my dealer yesterday and let him know the issue I was having. They are going to call the Honda service rep and get him to come out. I was told to enjoy it until they can get a time when he can be there.

The service manager called me today and let me know that he had gone into this forum and saw that others were having issues. He already ordered both clutch packs so we don't have to wait once Honda gives the go ahead. If it isn't the clutch, I'm sure they will use the clutch packs at some point.
That's how a dealer should be! It's a wear item so its not like they'd sit on the shelf forever anyways.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Jackal did the hard work compiling the list but here are the stats as of today (18 users reported a problem)
823 replies to thread / 18 reported problems = 45.7 replies / problem
47,321 views / 18 reported problems = 2629 views / problem

Whatever... I did the math so thought I would share it.

P1k5d_rg

P1k5d_rg

Mar 22, 2016
West, Tx
I'm new here but have the same problem with my 1k deluxe.. it started around 500 miles and I have around 600 on it now. I plan on checking the ground wires later tonight. Is there any other "quick fix" my dealer test drove the machine and seems to think it's oil pressure related..

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm new here but have the same problem with my 1k deluxe.. it started around 500 miles and I have around 600 on it now. I plan on checking the ground wires later tonight. Is there any other "quick fix" my dealer test drove the machine and seems to think it's oil pressure related..
What issue do you have the 1,3,5 and reverse slipping? Or it not wanting to move until you get above 3,000 rpms.?

P1k5d_rg

P1k5d_rg

Mar 22, 2016
West, Tx
What issue do you have the 1,3,5 and reverse slipping? Or it not wanting to move until you get above 3,000 rpms.?
1,3,5. If I put it in sport mode 3rd gear isn't that noticeable but 5th gear will throw you around in the seat. I changed the oil 10 miles ago. Now I'm going thru the ground wires and unhooking the extras.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1,3,5. If I put it in sport mode 3rd gear isn't that noticeable but 5th gear will throw you around in the seat. I changed the oil 10 miles ago. Now I'm going thru the ground wires and unhooking the extras.
Ok report back.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Didn't fix it.. to save the next guy some skin on his fingers, is there an easy way to get to the green ground and black small motor ground under the drivers seat between the plastic?
No not really I took the floor plastics out and was able to get to them fairly easy. Took alittle time but not bad .

advertisement
Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
19 reported now

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
My dealership pulled clutch packs all burnt up I ask for a new ride or a extended warranty incase it happens again got to talk to Honda I said I want something in writing so I know I will be covered. Also I want something for my troubles waiting on them to see what happens
did u grill them to find out what the exact reason was that caused them to burn up?????

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So far, there has only been approximately 5 or 6 actual clutches replaced and just as many minor electrical connection / grounding issues causing the problems of those that have been corrected.

Here is the updated list, only 6 or 7 units (from what has been posted and self reported here) still waiting to have issues resolved:
View attachment 12262
Wonder if there is any relationship to build dates and failures ?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
If I'm having no problems at all should I still be going and checking the ground wires an all that or let it present itself lol?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Wonder if there is any relationship to build dates and failures ?
Does not appear to be any correlation to build date or VIN, but most issues reported were done so within the first 200 miles, or right after the initial oil change. Seemingly random in who it affects even with how the machines are used.

advertisement