Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jackal, you have some time invested in this for sure.

Thank you!:)

Reactions: pct
A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
OK after nearly 800 posts on 40 pages in this thread and many more in three other threads I have done my best to consolidate stated issues / diagnosis by Honda / and End results. The dates are merely when I could see it was posted and may have no reflection on the actual date of the issue or date it was corrected if at all as of this point. If any of you mentioned below more details to share I will maintain an up to date list of information as best I can. The purpose is to get as much factual data in an easy to read concise format.

Here is who I have noted thus far in order of posting they had an issue: @Serial_Fordicator @mikegzales @Bayouownbeer @aquatic1998
@Scooterchris @Kyguy52 @Buckrocker @itsleo @jguillot @HivoltageHonda @amc019 @Millerhunts @walexa07 @jokerperry @ratsnake
@educ8tedguess @Rippinnrarrin @Lilnoisy

View attachment 12148
I beleive we finally got my issue figured out. Ended up being a bad connection to a somewhere under the hood. We messed with the fuse block and all the relays . so far so good. Took it out last night with no problems. Hopeing that was it.

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
OK after nearly 800 posts on 40 pages in this thread and many more in three other threads I have done my best to consolidate stated issues / diagnosis by Honda / and End results. The dates are merely when I could see it was posted and may have no reflection on the actual date of the issue or date it was corrected if at all as of this point. If any of you mentioned below more details to share I will maintain an up to date list of information as best I can. The purpose is to get as much factual data in an easy to read concise format.

Here is who I have noted thus far in order of posting they had an issue: @Serial_Fordicator @mikegzales @Bayouownbeer @aquatic1998
@Scooterchris @Kyguy52 @Buckrocker @itsleo @jguillot @HivoltageHonda @amc019 @Millerhunts @walexa07 @jokerperry @ratsnake

View attachment 12148

Here is the latest on mine: Brought to the dealership on 3/8/2016. On 3/15/2016 they still had not touched it, I informed them I was picking the bike up to bring on the spring break camping trip I had planned with my family. They asked if I could give them a few hours so they could do the reset that the shop manual recommends. I agreed and picked up the bike later that day and it was shifting perfectly. Ran it a little everyday around campgrounds in Gulf Shores, AL. On 3/19/2016 I ran it hard for about 6 hours at Texas Flat Offroad Park. Everything ran fine and has not slipped yet.

Note: The mechanic also tightened the P,R,N,H,L cable. It took a little getting used to. At first it would not engage easily into "L" gear. I have to push downward quite hart to get it to engage. I will have it adjusted again.

Reactions: pct and Stauvo
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 12148
you rock @JACKAL ! Thank you for taking the time to do this.

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I rode wolfpengap in Arkansas this past weekend. 160 miles in 3 days and was awesome. Anyways the new tranny did perfect and shifted like it was supposed to. I did noticed a different smell when working it up some of the mountains. Maybe clutch burning some don't really know just seeing if people that had the clutch problem also smell it burning?

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
@JACKAL that's pretty cool the list you made.
With my case tho. The dealer has the hike and is gonna replace the clutch packs finally but we are currently waiting on them to come off backorder so my dealer can fix it.

L

Lilnoisy

Jan 10, 2016
congratulations you ae the first person I have come across that said what was wrong with there clutch missing FRICTION FIBER makes perfect sense can u tell us more about it please?
It would act like it quit pulling when it changed into 3rd and 5th gear. Then it started hanging in gear at about 45 miles on it.

Reactions: pct and dale5740
L

Lilnoisy

Jan 10, 2016
@JACKAL that's pretty cool the list you made.
With my case tho. The dealer has the hike and is gonna replace the clutch packs finally but we are currently waiting on them to come off backorder so my dealer can fix it.
My dealer took the clutch pack out of a brand new one on the show room floor!! Cause the clutch pack was on back order. I was raising hell with honda and my dealer!! Lol. I could understand if I had owned it for 6 months and a couple hundred miles but less than 100 miles??? They should do whatever it takes to get you back going

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
congratulations you ae the first person I have come across that said what was wrong with there clutch missing FRICTION FIBER makes perfect sense can u tell us more about it please?
My dealer took the clutch pack out of a brand new one on the show room floor!! Cause the clutch pack was on back order. I was raising hell with honda and my dealer!! Lol. I could understand if I had owned it for 6 months and a couple hundred miles but less than 100 miles??? They should do whatever it takes to get you back going
only problem I would have with that is the clutch pack in the one on the show room could have same problem?

advertisement
A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
I talked to the service manager at my dealer in regards to the pioneer 1000 clutch issues (he has three of them in right now) . I asked him if the clutches are being upgraded and the answer is no not as of right now. Whats going to keep these bikes from doing the same thing if thy are putting the same parts in them .

R

ratsnake

Mar 14, 2016
Alabama
I talked to the service manager at my dealer in regards to the pioneer 1000 clutch issues (he has three of them in right now) . I asked him if the clutches are being upgraded and the answer is no not as of right now. Whats going to keep these bikes from doing the same thing if thy are putting the same parts in them .
What are they telling the ones that have had problems as far as if it happens again? Also are they making the warranty on them any longer? Looks like this could be a problem that might come back what are they planning on doing. Has anyone heard anything? Just curious because there pulling my clutch packs out and gotta send info to Honda.Does anyone here work for Honda that might have some insider info?

Last edited by a moderator:
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
What are they telling the ones that have had problems as far as if it happens again? Also are they making the warranty on them any longer? Looks like this could be a problem that might come back what are they planning on doing. Has anyone heard anything? Just curious because there pulling my clutch packs out and gotta send info to Honda.Does anyone here work for Honda that might have some insider info?
lol if they did and did they wouldn't be working for honda long. welcome to the site take a look at some of the other threads as well there are a couple others as well, lots of info for you to read and catch up on good luck.

Last edited:
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
Here is the latest on mine: Brought to the dealership on 3/8/2016. On 3/15/2016 they still had not touched it, I informed them I was picking the bike up to bring on the spring break camping trip I had planned with my family. They asked if I could give them a few hours so they could do the reset that the shop manual recommends. I agreed and picked up the bike later that day and it was shifting perfectly. Ran it a little everyday around campgrounds in Gulf Shores, AL. On 3/19/2016 I ran it hard for about 6 hours at Texas Flat Offroad Park. Everything ran fine and has not slipped yet.

Note: The mechanic also tightened the P,R,N,H,L cable. It took a little getting used to. At first it would not engage easily into "L" gear. I have to push downward quite hart to get it to engage. I will have it adjusted again.

had a similar issue with my shifter cable, except i guess 1 of the 2 bolts actually came loose and fell out

itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
I got the phone # for Honda power sport today and told them I have a planned vacation April 1st with my SXS and I also have a payment due the first of the month for a vehicle I haven't seen for 32 days. So I wanted to know how they were going to help me out. I should hear back from Honda in 2 days from what the person said that I talked to.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I got the phone # for Honda power sport today and told them I have a planned vacation April 1st with my SXS and I also have a payment due the first of the month for a vehicle I haven't seen for 32 days. So I wanted to know how they were going to help me out. I should hear back from Honda in 2 days from what the person said that I talked to.

I did the same thing Friday (866) 784-1870 they gave me a case #, today got a call back from a Honda case manager while away at work. I called them back with a specific extension number, I had to leave a message on case manager voicemail. I then called the dealer asked if they had any update from Honda they said no was waiting on them to authorize further action.

Update: Just got called back from Honda and they are in the process of touching base with the dealership, not sure who waiting on who but sounds like things will start to progress now. Hoping the timeline works out where I have the P1K back in time for the Group Ride, if not yall going to have to drive a little slower behind my P500 :D

Last edited:
itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
I did the same thing Friday (866) 784-1870 they gave me a case #, today got a call back from a Honda case manager while away at work. I called them back with a specific extension number, I had to leave a message on case manager voicemail. I then called the dealer asked if they had any update from Honda they said no was waiting on them to authorize further action.

Update: Just got called back from Honda and they are in the process of touching base with the dealership, not sure who waiting on who but sounds like things will start to progress now. Hoping the timeline works out where I have the P1K back in time for the Group Ride, if not yall going to have to drive a little slower behind my P500 :D

Yep same phone number.. I'm hoping they we speed up delivery of my back ordered parts and or make my payment this month. It doesn't hurt to ask!! lol

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md

If they don't have it ready by the takeover will u be on your 700 or 500 I can't remember?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Yep same phone number.. I'm hoping they we speed up delivery of my back ordered parts and or make my payment this month. It doesn't hurt to ask!! lol
Never hurts to ask and being nice costs nothing :D Seems like the few that have been fixed got repaired about 2 weeks on average after Honda gave the OK for teardown inspection. So I'm cutting it pretty close on that timeline (to the Group Ride dates) will just have to impatiently wait. I'm sure it will all work out, good to know the ones that have been fixed have not reported any repeated concerns especially since most acted up (that had a n issue) with under 200 miles on them, and of those about 25% seem to be merely a grounding issue.

Reactions: pct and itsleo
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
anything definitive on what changes they are making to the clutches or clutch packs?

advertisement