P1000 Clutches burnt up

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I looked up the clutch part number and there appears to be no new number. I say that because if I look up transmission it has a notification on one part that has changed.
The problem with new part number is it consists of a bunch of little part numbers that make up the clutch pack! so All they have to do is change the order of one item and they can give the new clutch pack a new part number. For instance old clutch pack was 100 washers 2 different thickness's now instead of 50 thin and 50 thick they have 49 thin and 51 thick Now clutch pack has new part number consisting of 100 old part numbers! what I am saying is new part number means there was a change but not necessarily any difference in parts. It could be that that added a thicker o ring and now the entire clutch pack has a new number.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
The difference between 10-30 and 10-40 made a difference in my 700. Stealership put a cheap version of the wrong one in and it did not function right. I put the Honda oil in and worked like supposed to. With tolerances getting ever tighter oil viscosity can make a big difference.
interesting what differences did u notice?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
The difference between 10-30 and 10-40 made a difference in my 700. Stealership put a cheap version of the wrong one in and it did not function right. I put the Honda oil in and worked like supposed to. With tolerances getting ever tighter oil viscosity can make a big difference.
sometimes the viscosity from 10-30 to 10-40 is minimal other times it can be a bit different depending on the testing of the oil and where it fell on the scale when rated! I would think that the difference between the 2 wouldn't be enough to matter but I guess anything is possible? I would like to think u noticed the cheap oil verses good oil differences instead lol. There was the princess and the p lmao

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
interesting what differences did u notice?

Torque converter engagement was much higher RPM, swapped the oil for specd oil and went back to normal.

Edit: after it warmed up I only ran it for maybe ¼-½ mile it was so bad. Called the stealership and asked politely WTF did you do? That's when they told me all there oil comes out of a single barrel. They showed me and it just had the weight written on the side in sharpie.

I normally don't name names but they are so cheap dishonest and push popo so hard I'm going to.

Stay AWAY from Halls Motorsports in Pelham, AL.
They claim to be a level 5 Honda powerhouse dealer(the parent franchise in south Alabama is) did I mention thy PUSH popo?

Last edited:
Reactions: dale5740
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
did the 700's have the same style dct transmission with 6 bears just like the 1000's?

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
Are there any white delux models experiencing clutch issues?

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Are there any white delux models experiencing clutch issues?
Not that I have heard or read of, I don't think there is any particular rime or reason the VIN# or build dates. It just happens to who it happened to.

BTW love the Alias @JohnyRingo Reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "I'm your Huckleberry"

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Torque converter engagement was much higher RPM, swapped the oil for specd oil and went back to normal.

Edit: after it warmed up I only ran it for maybe ¼-½ mile it was so bad. Called the stealership and asked politely WTF did you do? That's when they told me all there oil comes out of a single barrel. They showed me and it just had the weight written on the side in sharpie.

I normally don't name names but they are so cheap dishonest and push popo so hard I'm going to.

Stay AWAY from Halls Motorsports in Pelham, AL.
They claim to be a level 5 Honda powerhouse dealer(the parent franchise in south Alabama is) did I mention thy PUSH popo?
Nothing I own will ever see a stealership!!!

Reactions: CashMoney
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nothing I own will ever see a stealership!!!

It needed to be done and I had a busy few weeks so I dropped it off against my better judgement.

Ended up doing it myself anyway and wasting money.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Just wanted to report a good time. Ran all night friday. Camped out. Ran it all day saturday.
The honda is a beast. Pulled at least 20 ride out. (Trying out my new winch) she bites down. Front end drops down digs in and she starts pulling.
Went thru spots those jacked up big tire can am's and rzr's were going thru. No issues. Only got stuck one time. If you want to call it that. Spot on the trail so soupy everyone had to winch them selfs up.
Crossed at stream with water up to my belly button.
Like I said. Everybody was asking about it.
And yes the clutch slipped all day. Both days. I ran it in low and the weight and torque of this thing makes it were I go thru spots were guys are having to be on it to get thru and I just literally putt on thru the hole.

I took several videos of it slipping like crazy so my dealership which has had it 2 times already and told me everything was good will finally fix my clutch

20160312 212453

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I'm super excited to finally get my honda back the way it's suppose to be cause it is a superior machine

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks really cool. I'm ready to see the videos!

Reactions: Scooterchris
advertisement