Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some people have done that, that is a very good option to have.

I think @Delton has that set up.

Sent from my iPad 7G
Suddenly I'm really glad I have that setup now. Also if anyone is interested, I have a boost leak tester that would work equally well for testing a snorkel system if anyone is interested in seeing it. Got all the parts from hardware store for less than 20 bucks not counting the ball valve. I checked my snorkel like hondasxs did and mine held my hand to the intake like glue. It took considerable effort to remove it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just sat here and read all 8 pages of this thread. So sorry to hear of this. I was hoping you'd get off easy. Ive hit bigger puddles faster than that before I was snorkeled. Guess I just got lucky. Wish you were closer to tn buddy. I'd have no problem at all letting you borrow my rig any time you wanted. Especially since i work weekends anyways.
@Delton ive always said you're bad ass and well you keep showing you're colors! Thank you for the offer and the condolences. I'd just love to ride with ya'all! It'll get resolved thank you.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton ive always said you're bad ass and well you keep showing you're colors! Thank you for the offer and the condolences. I'd just love to ride with ya'all! It'll get resolved thank you.
Theres nothing badass bout me but thanks lol. Having hell believing that puddle did all that damage then I remember my buddy bending a forged rod by doing the same with his car. And his puddle was waaay shallower than yours. If these weren't so new there might be some used longblocks floating around.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think if the clamps were loose Or it didn't have that vacuum from somewhere else it wouldn't be able to suck that much water in. A little water will not hurt this system repetitive will in my opinion

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Theres nothing badass bout me but thanks lol. Having hell believing that puddle did all that damage then I remember my buddy bending a forged rod by doing the same with his car. And his puddle was waaay shallower than yours. If these weren't so new there might be some used longblocks floating around.
I think we're going to start seeing this show up here abd there come this fall when the water comes back up and people are a little more "carefree " with their new machine. I just hope Honda steps up and takes care of mine like the others sees this and possibly issues a quick and easy recall

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Delton i think you're just one of those guys:)

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Hondasxs is there anyway to look up that guy that hydrolocked one up through the creek here? That story has since disappeared I'd love to be able to track him down I think he was one of the ones that was warranted. I believe I'm the forth with the same type of story.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@Hondasxs is there anyway to look up that guy that hydrolocked one up through the creek here? That story has since disappeared I'd love to be able to track him down I think he was one of the ones that was warranted. I believe I'm the forth with the same type of story.
i think you mentioned it, ive been reading your thread for over a few days so i cant quite remember, but there was another guy with the same story as you. but was b****ing hard about how s***ty his rig was for dying after going through 4 inches of water. everyone called BS and said he was lying and gave him a bunch of flak for basically s***ting on hondas design. i thought it was pretty fishy as well, though i figured he was mad and just needed to vent. he rubbed everyone the wrong way though. well. looks like hes right here. i would consider this a design issue. my polaris wouldnt have took water like that. our viking has done crazy fording and puddle hopping as well with no issues. you got me super scared of water now. your story literally made me go to the store and buy all the parts i need to snorkel up.

anyways, im not sure if you know the thread im talking about, and i dont remember if its this forum or the other one, but some dude was super super salty about it and im not sure what happened after.

if you look in your wheel wells they engineered some scoops for some reason to bring maybe air into the hood area. i bet the water just shot through that, and funneled into the hood into your sand trap intake thingie. maybe if people just blocked those scoop areas off with some foam or something, it would prevent that water from getting into the intake?

i think everyone should just snorkel though. even if you dont plan to ever use it, ive crossed some cute looking baby rivers and hit a 3 foot shelf and found myself a half inch away from sucking water. 300 bucks for a fancy snorkel is still cheaper than having the dealer put new stickers on your rig, let alone an engine replacement.

super sucky what happend to you bro. i broke the wheel off my cooler yesterday, so i kind of know what your going through. wish honda would make a cooler that mounted hard somewhere. i got smacked in the back of the head by the cooler wheels and my 5 gallon water can, and had those things ratchet strapped to the bed.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok thank you I've been nonstop online since last Sunday. I'm sorry if I've pushed I'm trying to get all the numbers

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Funny. There's a thread on the other site and I found another case but there was one on here and I thought I gave him criticism as well that's why I remember it. I remember thinking no way. But it may have been that little water but it was a shallow creek about 15 or so he told the story we all have him hell and it stopped before I heard the resolution.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
T
Funny. There's a thread on the other site and I found another case but there was one on here and I thought I gave him criticism as well that's why I remember it. I remember thinking no way. But it may have been that little water but it was a shallow creek about 15 or so he told the story we all have him hell and it stopped before I heard the resolution.
That's the one! Wonder where he went?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So... I got some Honda lottery tickets hopefully I can win a new 500 and pay for the 1000. If I do I'll take possession of it east have someone here pick it up do a couple things to it and My wife and I will fly down and ride with ya all. I'm not good with this stuff so I'll let my wife scratch um. See you soon!! Image

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
T

That's the one! Wonder where he went?
Ya. I feel bad now! I was one of the ones. The ones I read about all just "ended" and again I'm NOT AGAINST HONDA HERE! I still won't buy another brand machine. My next will probably be the 500 however I'd like diff lock. I love my 1000-5 will defend it till I'm throwing down and would do it again however i think it has a flaw here that should be addressed. I understand a fording depth and speed but I was well within those since I've bought it and although I will fix this to meet my needs I feel it's not like many other problems. They tend to not leave you stranded with a 7000 plus bill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stauvo
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i think you mentioned it, ive been reading your thread for over a few days so i cant quite remember, but there was another guy with the same story as you. but was b****ing hard about how s***ty his rig was for dying after going through 4 inches of water. everyone called BS and said he was lying and gave him a bunch of flak for basically s***ting on hondas design. i thought it was pretty fishy as well, though i figured he was mad and just needed to vent. he rubbed everyone the wrong way though. well. looks like hes right here. i would consider this a design issue. my polaris wouldnt have took water like that. our viking has done crazy fording and puddle hopping as well with no issues. you got me super scared of water now. your story literally made me go to the store and buy all the parts i need to snorkel up.

anyways, im not sure if you know the thread im talking about, and i dont remember if its this forum or the other one, but some dude was super super salty about it and im not sure what happened after.

if you look in your wheel wells they engineered some scoops for some reason to bring maybe air into the hood area. i bet the water just shot through that, and funneled into the hood into your sand trap intake thingie. maybe if people just blocked those scoop areas off with some foam or something, it would prevent that water from getting into the intake?

i think everyone should just snorkel though. even if you dont plan to ever use it, ive crossed some cute looking baby rivers and hit a 3 foot shelf and found myself a half inch away from sucking water. 300 bucks for a fancy snorkel is still cheaper than having the dealer put new stickers on your rig, let alone an engine replacement.

super sucky what happend to you bro. i broke the wheel off my cooler yesterday, so i kind of know what your going through. wish honda would make a cooler that mounted hard somewhere. i got smacked in the back of the head by the cooler wheels and my 5 gallon water can, and had those things ratchet strapped to the bed.
Again with the cooler?? Let it go man!! Lol just kiddin

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher you have a legitimate beef with Honda in my opinion. There was nothing wrong or destructive with the way you hit that water. It's a friggin sxs man!! Are we not supposed to go through water like that?? May as well buy a car if that's how we supposed to drive. Keep on them man ( I'm sure you would've anyways). They should take care of you in this case.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher you have a legitimate beef with Honda in my opinion. There was nothing wrong or destructive with the way you hit that water. It's a friggin sxs man!! Are we not supposed to go through water like that?? May as well buy a car if that's how we supposed to drive. Keep on them man ( I'm sure you would've anyways). They should take care of you in this case.
Thank you @Delton that is just how I feel on this. I appreciate the people who do have my back here. I know I can be a little over opinionated at times and have apologized if I'm wrong or to pushy I'm not above that however I do have lots of experience riding and research the pee out of things i try to have the correct information BEFORE I open my mouth and can tell you I didn't do anything wrong here. I understand why they put the intake up front and it is an improvement over the 700 for most people however more time should've been investigated to get it right. Honda is the best sxs out there and they have a couple things to fix but they are doing great for only being back in the game for a few years and I know many other machines would have done just fine with just factory equipment without being snorkeled so I started this thread to hopefully make this issue known and the seek closure on mine. I've spent the last 12 years helping others learn how to ride providing equipment and knowledge to many I've actually only sold a few bikes most have been donated or kept for others benefits and have trusted in Honda to help me bring in the next generation of riders. Except for a pw50, two ttr90's and a Polaris that will be traded for a 500 our whole camp is now Honda. I'm not well off and struggle every day to accomplish this. I've taken many parts off my own bike to get others back going. Usually I don't have a lever or a battery because it's on a different bike(thank god for the kick start and Rekluse) we have many spare parts and bike carcasses to help We keep extra gear at all times for people to ride safe and we know this place very well. My 10yo daughter can get around here better then most adults. What I'm getting at is I'm not new and know how to keep a vehicle together even if you do beat it up. This was a main thoroughfare for us to get to the trail system. I was helping the boy in the video on our old bike (Yamaha I know but the ttr is I great step towards learning and like everyone else transitions back to Honda)like many others throughout the years learn to ride. I've gotten great satisfaction teaching kids and always push people to come up with their kids for this reason. I wasn't drunk showing off I was following a boy learning how to trail ride on a very simple for most woods road with few obstacles with my family. Had I been stupid and swamped the Pioneer I think everyone that knows of my stories here would know that this post would be entirely different. The port on my speaker box is a 3 in hole directly to my expensive amp and speaker and is 1 inch off of the floor board under the driver seat and there is NO MUD OR WATER THERE. How the hell did I "swamp" this?Image

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
advertisement