Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I'm racking my brain on because all the gear selection on this is electronic. It's not mechanical so there wouldn't be any adjustments that I'm aware of. It's like it's multiple issues, it's in limp mode and not recognizing 1st. Maybe it realizes it's not seeing 1st so it goes into limp mode

Sent from iPhone

F

FredB

Aug 22, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's what I'm racking my brain on because all the gear selection on this is electronic. It's not mechanical so there wouldn't be any adjustments that I'm aware of. It's like it's multiple issues, it's in limp mode and not recognizing 1st. Maybe it realizes it's not seeing 1st so it goes into limp mode

Sent from iPhone
For a while when it cooled off it would shift till it got warm. Now you drive it 100 yds. And it will do it. It shows the bar on the dash when it does it or there will be nothing showing. Does not show what gear it's in

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm just learning a little at a time on this transmission it's definitely got a lot of electronic components to control everything lots more then one would assume. I know there is a temp sensor but they have looked at that I'm sure. Have you been calling Honda care line?

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
F

FredB

Aug 22, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm just learning a little at a time on this transmission it's definitely got a lot of electronic components to control everything lots more then one would assume. I know there is a temp sensor but they have looked at that I'm sure. Have you been calling Honda care line?

Sent from iPhone
No. The dealer says they have. I am having trouble getting honda customer service to call me back.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For a while when it cooled off it would shift till it got warm. Now you drive it 100 yds. And it will do it. It shows the bar on the dash when it does it or there will be nothing showing. Does not show what gear it's in

Have you tried to perform the reset or do you know if Honda has done the reset on the transmission?

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Reset the DCT Clutch / Clutch Initialize Learning Procedure

P1000 - Reset the DCT Clutch / Clutch Initialize Learning Procedure

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No. The dealer says they have. I am having trouble getting honda customer service to call me back.

Keep bugging them. It's your machine but not a problem you caused.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Eltobgi
F

FredB

Aug 22, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you tried to perform the reset or do you know if Honda has done the reset on the transmission?

SIGNATURE:
I have not tried. Not sure about the dealer. You would assume they know to try that.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You would assume. My dealer charged me over 500 just to tell me what I already knew. I would hope they are working with Honda on the case to speed things up

Sent from iPhone

F

FredB

Aug 22, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You would assume. My dealer charged me over 500 just to tell me what I already knew. I would hope they are working with Honda on the case to speed things up

Sent from iPhone
I was wondering if after after this long and they can't fix it would they replace it. The owner of the dealer says no way, it's up to honda to fix it, They just sell them. not sure what to do.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Normally no. I've seen one replaced in here I wouldn't expect that to happen. Stay on them I know it sucks but you're on their dime. I'm sure they'll get it.

Sent from iPhone

H

HondaTech

Honda has a PUD on a small # of units that had crank balancer gear problems, could cause the shaft to break. Maybe this was the cause here? I'd get in touch with the DSM for your shop and have him look at it. It's hard to sometimes justify a customers position and case over the phone. But once someone looks at it in person they can see the issue at hand. I wouldn't stop at the warranty guys, push till you get a rep to look at it. Pictures don't do stuff justice.

H

HondaTech

It shifts to second and stays there. Goes into limp mode. and you can not shift it manually. Dealer has no idea what to do. They have replaced the angle sensor and clutch package.
The unit can be made to limp only in second, but that means someone would have had to turn the lockout screw in on the rear of the engine. Not something that could have happened by accident.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Honda has a PUD on a small # of units that had crank balancer gear problems, could cause the shaft to break. Maybe this was the cause here? I'd get in touch with the DSM for your shop and have him look at it. It's hard to sometimes justify a customers position and case over the phone. But once someone looks at it in person they can see the issue at hand. I wouldn't stop at the warranty guys, push till you get a rep to look at it. Pictures don't do stuff justice.
Take pics of the 17 yr
old guy...trying to fix
your ride....
And it's happening in
more & more shops

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Blow their phone up

Last edited by a moderator:
Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take pics of the 17 yr
old guy...trying to fix
your ride....
And it's happening in
more & more shops
Yep. True. Had a parts guy tell me I needed two stroke oil for my can am oil change kit. I asked if he was going to cover the warranty. Then he checked the book.

Reactions: 0860silverado