Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Doesn't really matter what he was doing to it, it shouldn't break like that!
Wow that's a lot how long you had it in the shop and been dealing with Honda. Have you called the care line

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I assume they haven't gotten there to look at it yet? Be nice on the phone to them

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If Honda and the dealer closed the case push to have the local Honda rep come out. He will be the rep from Honda for your dealer. I doubt he will talk to you but that is the only way for Honda to check into it without totally going off the dealer say. I assume you're talking to the service manager is he being corporative?

DGrenke2

DGrenke2

Jun 10, 2016
Polk County Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If Honda and the dealer closed the case push to have the local Honda rep come out. He will be the rep from Honda for your dealer. I doubt he will talk to you but that is the only way for Honda to check into it without totally going off the dealer say. I assume you're talking to the service manager is he being corporative?
Ok good to know

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Sounds like there a piece of the puzzle missing... Honda is known for honouring the warranty - at least more than the competition. Keep us posted as more facts come out.

********** YOU DONT HAVE TO YELL WHEN CREATING A POST. ************ LOL. Don't take offence - I know this must be frustrating for you.

advertisement

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
********ATTENTION HONDA NOT STANDING BEHIND THERE WARRANTY*******
The Engine Case Exploded While Driving Down a Dirt Road while switching 2nd to 3rd Gear normal Driving...........
Honda Claims the bike was sunk under water and the locked up causing the block to break. Here is all the picture from where we made honda pull off the oil filter cap and intake housing there is no signs of water

View attachment 16630 View attachment 16631 View attachment 16632 View attachment 16633 View attachment 16634 View attachment 16635 View attachment 16636 View attachment 16637 View attachment 16638
Actually headed to buy one tomorrow... then see this. So it locked up going from 2nd to 3rd, and this is what cracked the block? Or did the block cracking cause the engine to lock up? Just trying to understand... Do you think the block failed due to a part blowing through it or a stress crack from the force of a lock up? This is the third cracked block you've heard of?

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to revoke my own membership until I buy one, then rejoin. Bad stories at inopportune times..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I need to revoke my own membership until I buy one, then rejoin. Bad stories at inopportune times..
Sorry about that @500 understand it may be concerning but I'm failure rate is lower then other brands stay strong:)

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry about that @500 understand it may be concerning but I'm failure rate is lower then other brands stay strong:)
May sound crazy, but this forum is worth buying a Honda. Best forum hands down. Community mindset and actually helpful insight from experienced owners of each model. You, sir, are one optimistic person, and I say that with much respect.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
May sound crazy, but this forum is worth buying a Honda. Best forum hands down. Community mindset and actually helpful insight from experienced owners of each model. You, sir, are one optimistic person, and I say that with much respect.
I just reported the good news. Insurance came through and I may have secured another vehicle I had a choice and nothing else mattered but Honda. Had to do it so I wasn't booted from the forum! I hope my loyalty to Honda still shows!

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just reported the good news. Insurance came through and I may have secured another vehicle I had a choice and nothing else mattered but Honda. Had to do it so I wasn't booted from the forum! I hope my loyalty to Honda still shows!
Apparently I am ignorant, BC I had no idea you could get insurance to cover anything like this. (Given I understand the variables and case by case basis.) Is it side by side insurance?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Glad to hear the good news on insurance coverage! Beats paying several thousand out of pocket. Hope you are back in the saddle soon with a replacement P1K.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remember another person posted that they had defective case. I think it was an engine case. It was posted that it was casting flaw and was not caught in production. He found it by just seeing a oil puddle.
I can't see the machine not being covered by warranty without a substantial amount of water.

HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
I must say that I'm pretty shocked that most all you guys on here are ok with an insurance company paying for what is pretty obvious (unless lies have been told) another Honda design flaw. Regarding CP's event, Mud and water got past air filtration system that appears to be intact and as designed. The brand bias in here is worse than any other forum I have ever been on. If this were Polaris or some other non-japan company, folks would be demanding the company stand behind their product. Make insurance pay? How can that be justified? CP, I just dont get your embrace of Honda after all that I read about what happened to you. Are you sure you didn't swamp it? Why would you want another if all you said about this failure is true? Wouldn't a sane person be afraid its just going to happen again or will you just avoid every little puddle? Will anyone admit the water trap in the intake tract system is flawed? I wonder if this post will be censored?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must say that I'm pretty shocked that most all you guys on here are ok with an insurance company paying for what is pretty obvious (unless lies have been told) another Honda design flaw. Regarding CP's event, Mud and water got past air filtration system that appears to be intact and as designed. The brand bias in here is worse than any other forum I have ever been on. If this were Polaris or some other non-japan company, folks would be demanding the company stand behind their product. Make insurance pay? How can that be justified? CP, I just dont get your embrace of Honda after all that I read about what happened to you. Are you sure you didn't swamp it? Why would you want another if all you said about this failure is true? Wouldn't a sane person be afraid its just going to happen again or will you just avoid every little puddle? Will anyone admit the water trap in the intake tract system is flawed? I wonder if this post will be censored?
Of course this forum is bias it's the Honda sxs forum! We aren't trying to be diverse or politically correct. As far as insurance goes that's between cp and his insurance it doesn't effect me in any way.

advertisement