Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Need to do another thread the last one I fornicated so yes especially before fall-winter. I think it needs to more informative with facts and peoples ideas of practical fixes in case this doesn't get fixed plus it'll help others that have current models. I DEFINITELY haven't forgotten it's hard to when you drive behind a snorkel so it's coming hopefully others can chime in and we can make everyone at least aware.

Reactions: joeymt33
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Need to do another thread the last one I fornicated so yes especially before fall-winter. I think it needs to more informative with facts and peoples ideas of practical fixes in case this doesn't get fixed plus it'll help others that have current models. I DEFINITELY haven't forgotten it's hard to when you drive behind a snorkel so it's coming hopefully others can chime in and we can make everyone at least aware.

I think you should be more careful of what your spell check is typing. I really hope you meant fabricated....

:eek::D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No i meant fornicated like screwed up. It became about my problems rather then the problem at hand.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Now, now, now, let's not argue, it's obvious you're both right.

CP fornicated the fabrication of the thread..
Well put buddy! Why didn't I think of phrasing it as such???

tjmichael

tjmichael

Jul 29, 2016
hernando ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didnt buy the extended warranty. And now seeing them not want to cover things I'm glad I didn't. Something major happens I'll claim it on insurance.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didnt buy the extended warranty. And now seeing them not want to cover things I'm glad I didn't. Something major happens I'll claim it on insurance.

I have a five year warranty but it's not through Honda so you may want to consider that as an option if Honda is indeed not covering things.

There are many companies that offer extended warranties other than Honda

tjmichael

tjmichael

Jul 29, 2016
hernando ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a five year warranty but it's not through Honda so you may want to consider that as an option if Honda is indeed not covering things.

There are many companies that offer extended warranties other than Honda
Something major happens I'll call insurance.

advertisement
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Something major happens I'll call insurance.

Good luck because as a rule of thumb insurance is not going to handle mechanical problems. CP really lucked out because they ruled it as a weather related problem but that is not the norm believe me. Insurance is In case you wreck it or it gets stolen, that's about it and they are not going to fix any mechanical problems!

F

FredB

Aug 22, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Actually headed to buy one tomorrow... then see this. So it locked up going from 2nd to 3rd, and this is what cracked the block? Or did the block cracking cause the engine to lock up? Just trying to understand... Do you think the block failed due to a part blowing through it or a stress crack from the force of a lock up? This is the third cracked block you've heard of?
I am having the same luck with honda customer service. My 1000 won't shift. Honda won't call me back and the dealer can't figure it out. Been there since August 9th this time.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
By not shifting what are you meaning exactly

Sent from iPhone

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does the transmission not automatically shift gears one through six or can you not move the shift lever from park to reverse Drive etc.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Sent from iPhone

F

FredB

Aug 22, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does the transmission not automatically shift gears one through six or can you not move the shift lever from park to reverse Drive etc.

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

F

FredB

Aug 22, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It shifts to second and stays there. Goes into limp mode. and you can not shift it manually. Dealer has no idea what to do. They have replaced the angle sensor and clutch package.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is weird. It's supposed to stay in 1st for limp mode. I assume though it forces manual mode?

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not sure why they would replace the clutches for this problem

Sent from iPhone

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It shifts to second and stays there. Goes into limp mode. and you can not shift it manually. Dealer has no idea what to do. They have replaced the angle sensor and clutch package.
Check the paddle shifters mechanism. They could be getting jammed up causing it to shift and stay in second. Just a thought.

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement