P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Last Friday the P5 got used once again for setting up the racecourse for race #3 of the MOXC series at Twisted Trails ORV Park in Copemish, MI. I had my phone with me this time and snapped some pictures! First is my P5 on course while I was putting up trail markers:
IMG 3394

Here is a shot of some of the rest of the crew working on getting up caution tape to block the wrong trails and keep the racers on course.
IMG 3396

Then after a hard day's work on racecourse building, this is what you start doing the night before the race at 11:30 PM - new graphics for your kid's quads
IMG 3398

Here is the timing/finish line and in the distance are the kids getting lined up to start their race.
IMG 3399

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

Mounted one of these on a Ram mount on the dash. Got it cause it looked cool :cool:. Don't know how well it actually works yet. Will know Friday. Went to hook it up through my 12v outlet and found out the outlet was bad. Ordered another and all is good. If I really like it I'll wire it in.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

Mounted one of these on a Ram mount on the dash. Got it cause it looked cool :cool:. Don't know how well it actually works yet. Will know Friday. Went to hook it up through my 12v outlet and found out the outlet was bad. Ordered another and all is good. If I really like it I'll wire it in.
Went out and did a bunch of work with my buddies at our local club. The new gauge appears to be a keeper. Display could be a brighter.

Mat_l_1

Mat_l_1

Jul 10, 2024
Menomonie, WI
Ownership

1. 520
Took my father in law out to the farm this last weekend. He didn't remember where all the trials were - but we made a few new paths to find our way to the next trail. P520 did everything I could ask and more 3 hours of puttering and finding old deer stands, landmarks, and the trails he had built over the years. Some were grown over and others may need some work, but it was a great afternoon.

Ride Notes:
P520 billy Goat climbed up the hills and through various brush in the woods - no problems

Windshield open in the tall grass/ field - means seeds being sucked in right to your face - even slightly open. Still fun.

Swamp butt - yup Its real. Warm between the seats - and I left may gatorade there - was body temp by the time I drank it.

Open Dif: Drove up to the muddy spot where I usually don't take the ATV but tried the 520 - initially I was going too slow and needed to drive back and forth to get through & we flung some mud with the front Open Differential. (on the way back I took it much faster and we rode the mud wave across that gap)

All in all a way better experience taking the P520 than the old 4wheeler.

PlayingInTheWoods

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Took my father in law out to the farm this last weekend. He didn't remember where all the trials were - but we made a few new paths to find our way to the next trail. P520 did everything I could ask and more 3 hours of puttering and finding old deer stands, landmarks, and the trails he had built over the years. Some were grown over and others may need some work, but it was a great afternoon.

Ride Notes:
P520 billy Goat climbed up the hills and through various brush in the woods - no problems

Windshield open in the tall grass/ field - means seeds being sucked in right to your face - even slightly open. Still fun.

Swamp butt - yup Its real. Warm between the seats - and I left may gatorade there - was body temp by the time I drank it.

Open Dif: Drove up to the muddy spot where I usually don't take the ATV but tried the 520 - initially I was going too slow and needed to drive back and forth to get through & we flung some mud with the front Open Differential. (on the way back I took it much faster and we rode the mud wave across that gap)

All in all a way better experience taking the P520 than the old 4wheeler.

View attachment 440238
My weekend wasn't nearly as exciting as yours. Took the P500 to the Northeast Indiana Steam and Gas show. Didn't take any tractors or engines to display this year. Making hay and a stress fracture in my left leg made me decide to just go visit with friends and watch the show instead of being part of it. Also when we got home I took a friend out in the woods and showed him part of our 10 miles of sled dog trails. I had some pissed off dogs because they didn't get to go along. They think the 4 wheeler and the P500 are their toys. They love the cool weather training runs pulling them through the woods. I like hearing what the rest of you are doing with your toys.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Gave the P5 some attention today for the first time since the TO. Used the Simple Green Foaming Coil cleaner on the radiator. Yeah I think that was the problem with it getting hot, it was pretty filthy. I hit it 4 times with that and pressure washing, looks way better. Did some other cleaning and wiping it down. Adjusted the Dobeck for idle, it was running a little rich. It's slowly coming back to where it should be.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
20240814 151155

20240814 165914

My sister and BiL came to Camp for a couple of days. She enjoyed driving the buggies; wasn't hubby's favorite. He contented himself with trail pops (the first day). A bourbon tasting the first night had an effect the next day, not that he would admit it!

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Nothing off road but today the P5 went to Millersburg Farmers Day parade for Heartland Mushers Association. Puppy Kilo went along and got lots of attention. I tried to take some pictures of him while we were waiting in line to move out. He thought the girls on the church floats ahead of us were much more interesting than my camera. Wife got one picture as we got close to the announcer's stand.

455966601 10233014889824634 441562532320128735 n 456142181 10233014889344622 1661205937470431590 n 455633559 10233017346846058 1567663968721232771 n

advertisement
F

flynnwalter

Jul 11, 2024
lake city, florida
Ownership

1. 520
Bought this with my wife's new bike many years ago in Miami. Searched the internet and learned it is a Potenza pannier bicycle bag. Didn't find one just like it--due to age? but the Potenza brand is still around. I think it is waterproof and maybe insulated. The straps included wrap between the 520 seat quite nicely. Dunno if it will be ok with two people riding...but it is not hard sided and even expands at the top. Simple is good.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Gave the P5 some attention today for the first time since the TO. Used the Simple Green Foaming Coil cleaner on the radiator. Yeah I think that was the problem with it getting hot, it was pretty filthy. I hit it 4 times with that and pressure washing, looks way better. Did some other cleaning and wiping it down. Adjusted the Dobeck for idle, it was running a little rich. It's slowly coming back to where it should be.
Ah, glad that worked out.

F

flynnwalter

Jul 11, 2024
lake city, florida
Ownership

1. 520
Last Friday the P5 got used once again for setting up the racecourse for race #3 of the MOXC series at Twisted Trails ORV Park in Copemish, MI. I had my phone with me this time and snapped some pictures! First is my P5 on course while I was putting up trail markers:
View attachment 437361

Here is a shot of some of the rest of the crew working on getting up caution tape to block the wrong trails and keep the racers on course.
View attachment 437362

Then after a hard day's work on racecourse building, this is what you start doing the night before the race at 11:30 PM - new graphics for your kid's quads
View attachment 437363

Here is the timing/finish line and in the distance are the kids getting lined up to start their race.
View attachment 437364
Love that blue first responders flag!

advertisement