P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
View attachment 113612
I bought one of these just for that reason. It will, supposed to start 20 cars, I’ve never needed it. But I’m a long walk out of it doesn’t start in Cape Breton. You are lucky to see anybody. :)
Caper
I boosted a car with mine last week, took a while for it to start, but it did. Then I put the jump starter on it's charger and it was still showing fully charged! So they're good for two jump starts for sure!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I boosted a car with mine last week, took a while for it to start, but it did. Then I put the jump starter on it's charger and it was still showing fully charged! So they're good for two jump starts for sure!
I figured it would be great in the bike. Just in case. :)
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
16p500

16p500

May 13, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Finally finished and installed my speakers.
20190314 210202
20190314 210056
20190314 210231

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Smelled coolant. Tank a bit low but the readout shows normal operating temp. Tightened 7 of the 8 hose clamps involved (disassembling the passenger compartment as usual), the 8th I couldn't get to but it felt tight when I tried to move it. We don't have a garage at the range, so I'm lying in 4" of snow during this process. Saw no signs of a leak at any clamp. Will top off tomorrow and see what happens. Rolled over the 2K mark last week since I got it last March.

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Smelled coolant. Tank a bit low but the readout shows normal operating temp. Tightened 7 of the 8 hose clamps involved (disassembling the passenger compartment as usual), the 8th I couldn't get to but it felt tight when I tried to move it. We don't have a garage at the range, so I'm lying in 4" of snow during this process. Saw no signs of a leak at any clamp. Will top off tomorrow and see what happens. Rolled over the 2K mark last week since I got it last March.
That metal pipe right between the seats with the bleeder was a bear to get sealed on mine (resorted to 2 clamps). It didn't really leak an appreciable amount...just enough to cause coolant smell.
Also my catch bottle will slosh some out in rough terrain if i keep it over minimum. I don't know if I'm missing something in mine or not, but its a poor design if not.

Txlaman

Txlaman

Jan 14, 2019
Deweyville, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Every forum has to have one of these threads!!! Any new mods/maintenance/repairs/rides/wrecks (God forbid) you want to share? :)

original owner had damaged the seat back with a screwdriver in his back pocket. I had the seats recovered in heavier marine grade material in red with extra padding added. Greatly improved comfort and appearance.
Creative

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
That metal pipe right between the seats with the bleeder was a bear to get sealed on mine (resorted to 2 clamps). It didn't really leak an appreciable amount...just enough to cause coolant smell.
Also my catch bottle will slosh some out in rough terrain if i keep it over minimum. I don't know if I'm missing something in mine or not, but its a poor design if not.

I did check your thread researching if anyone else had this happen. When I got to work on my machine I found it was different than what your pictures showed.Hm1016001062
The 2017 I have uses the tube #18, and does not have all the hardware your does, just a direct connection to the engine. Well, we will see.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I tried to buy some stuff from the store today. No shipping to Canada. Really. There are more people than just me up here. :) That sucks.
Honda SXS , you need to straighten that out. :)
Caper
Lol, too funny......

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did check your thread researching if anyone else had this happen. When I got to work on my machine I found it was different than what your pictures showed.View attachment 115264
The 2017 I have uses the tube #18, and does not have all the hardware your does, just a direct connection to the engine. Well, we will see.
So you don't have #9? That's the connection to #4 that was leaking passed the clamp.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!