P1000m5 Traveller II

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go on eBay and search for rare earth magnets and plenty options will pop up. I have the 1/2" x1/4". Should have gotten a little smaller diameter. On 2 of the bolts they set on top of the ring one sets down on the bolt. But they are very strong and I don't think they'll move.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Go on eBay and search for rare earth magnets and plenty options will pop up. I have the 1/2" x1/4". Should have gotten a little smaller diameter. On 2 of the bolts they set on top of the ring one sets down on the bolt. But they are very strong and I don't think they'll move.
I don't know what the deal is with Amazon.. they aren't offering much in the size we need. They keep being discontinued.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also changed the oil in the engine last night and the magnets on the two engine oil drain plugs were very clean with only a very slight amount of material stuck to the magnet.

Just thought I'd mention...
The material stuck to the magnet for the sub transmission is not a big deal at all. That's very common in every differential or gearbox.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They need to be small enough so that the socket fits over the magnet when you take the drain plug out.

Reactions: Delton and JTW
advertisement
stevenj

stevenj

Sep 14, 2015
Water tight storage bag under the seat. It holds compressor, first aid kit, jumper cables, tree strap, snatch block, tow strap, etc.

View attachment 25811
Water tight storage bag under the seat. It holds compressor, first aid kit, jumper cables, tree strap, snatch block, tow strap, etc.

View attachment 25811

Very good build thread, thanks for sharing.

Curious how the water proof bag is holding up after a year plus of banging around?

What size? Brand?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Very good build thread, thanks for sharing.

Curious how the water proof bag is holding up after a year plus of banging around?

What size? Brand?

Not so good. I switched to a pelican case and keep it in he bed.

I still use the bag when camping and pack gear in it. It will definitely keep stuff dry in the rain or splashing mud but not submerged.

I got the bag at Rocky Mountain ATV and it's called Torrent. They offer several sizes.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not so good. I switched to a pelican case and keep it in he bed.

I still use the bag when camping and pack gear in it. It will definitely keep stuff dry in the rain or splashing mud but not submerged.

I got the bag at Rocky Mountain ATV and it's called Torrent. They offer several sizes.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

"SealLine" or "Odyssey" are good enough to keep our dry things dry on a wet dive boat. Just thrown all our electronics and dry clothes in then roll up the top and stuff in our dive bags. Even laying in there under wet dive gear they stay dry inside.

Way cheaper than the high dollar stuff. Works just as well I've had both.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

"SealLine" or "Odyssey" are good enough to keep our dry things dry on a wet dive boat. Just thrown all our electronics and dry clothes in then roll up the top and stuff in our dive bags. Even laying in there under wet dive gear they stay dry inside.

Way cheaper than the high dollar stuff. Works just as well I've had both.
I bought one of the Sealine bags the other day.. I was impressed. I also bought a cheaper bag ($7 less) and is wasn't near the quality of the sealine.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've been busy lately and neglecting Traveller so a recent order just come in. Time for a sound upgrade, storage, and a camera system.

I also thought it would be a good idea to buy a full sized spare tire. I have two patched roctanes and one cracked wheel that leaks Slime and didn't seal. For safety reasons I'll run the new tire and keep the cracked one for backup.

7ecd5b28baeb1a0a48a9dd1858466c35

C869cdc7107bb904f907d258b5eff6e3

83370dfb04579650498ffd04e38636ec

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My credit card company lets me cash in points at Amazon now! I paid ZERO for that Wetsounds sub. I wish I could have done that for the sound bar. Pretty sweet deal as the company hasn't forced me to use a company credit card yet. They reimburse me for the travel and stuff but I keep the points.

For the Honda storage tray, it feels very quality and I wasn't expecting it to be as rigid or heavy. I happy that it will take weight from over head and move it down low. I still like the over head bag storage but it's coming off.

I don't know what to expect with the cheap eBay camera system.

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My credit card company lets me cash in points at Amazon now! I paid ZERO for that Wetsounds sub. I wish I could have done that for the sound bar. Pretty sweet deal as the company hasn't forced me to use a company credit card yet. They reimburse me for the travel and stuff but I keep the points.

For the Honda storage tray, it feels very quality and I wasn't expecting it to be as rigid or heavy. I happy that it will take weight from over head and move it down low. I still like the over head bag storage but it's coming off.

I don't know what to expect with the cheap eBay camera system.

Amazon let's me do that also with my corp Amex. Had almost $7000 of free stuff from there when I bought my Honda. Down to $2500 and I feel guilty every time I use it so I've been holding back. Haha. It is awesome though. The wife always asks how much did you pay for that!?!? And I say 0 baby!! LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement