Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, you're probably right about that. There has to be a little bit of crazy I suppose to do something like this. But it so floats my boat, and I'm so very determined and excited to do it that I'm in, no matter what it cost, or what it takes. I appreciate that not everybody has the drive or means to do it. But I'm making every sacrifice and effort that it takes to do this, and I will be amongst the men (and woman/women) that make this expedition no matter what. Thank you mopar for conceiving and planning this exiting trip!

Thank you mopar for conceiving and planning this exiting trip![/QUOTE]

I don't think that's not something good to say on a trip of this scale Monte lol.
man I'm beat damn you guys. Try this again goodnight

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm pretty sure Monte and dp5hunter are 100% committed, but to restate my previous stance, @CumminsPusher whether I'm in a line if 20 or a line of 1, I'll be there brother!
Pretty sure????? Dude, I'm in more than you, if that's possible. :)

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, you're probably right about that. There has to be a little bit of crazy I suppose to do something like this. But it so floats my boat, and I'm so very determined and excited to do it that I'm in, no matter what it cost, or what it takes. I appreciate that not everybody has the drive or means to do it. But I'm making every sacrifice and effort that it takes to do this, and I will be amongst the men (and woman/women) that make this expedition no matter what. Thank you mopar for conceiving and planning this exiting trip!
I completely over plan every time I go out on a hunt. Too much food. Too much gas. Too much water. Sometimes too much firewood... if that's possible. Weight is always a factor. But when you're heading out to areas that you might only see another human once a day, you gotta be prepared.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I completely over plan every time I go out on a hunt. Too much food. Too much gas. Too much water. Sometimes too much firewood... if that's possible. Weight is always a factor. But when you're heading out to areas that you might only see another human once a day, you gotta be prepared.
I appreciate that AK. when we ride here locally, I have a list of things I won't bore you with but I've yet to ever open up and use (including extra gas) but I can't bring myself to not have it all every trip. I've not yet visited Alaska, but if you ever think of planning a trip up there similar to this, you can count me and the misses in on it!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There's many of us living vicariously through this. I have the ultimate respect for anyone doing this.
We all (and I realize I take license) thank you for the vote of confidence AK, thanks for your support and continued encouragement.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Where are you boys at? You can't get tired and lay down by the fire and sleep! We can't plan and execute an expedition like that!!! Ok, goodnight boys, lol.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The seed has been planted. If, gawd forbid, this plan falls through, the squaw and I are going to be doing similar, if by ourselves. Get on your horse and ride"
There's only one thing that keeps me from going out completely on my own. A Pull Pal. In many places I go there is no trees to tie off to if you're stuck. On wheelers I've carried rope to wrap around bushes, etc. to pull out from. This doesn't work for a 1700lb machine in muskeg.

The Pull Pal is definitely a must have for me... and will be on my machine shortly.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There's only one thing that keeps me from going out completely on my own. A Pull Pal. In many places I go there is no trees to tie off to if you're stuck. On wheelers I've carried rope to wrap around bushes, etc. to pull out from. This doesn't work for a 1700lb machine in muskeg.

The Pull Pal is definitely a must have for me... and will be on my machine shortly.
I just can't imagine what Alaska is like. Could you invite us up? What time zone are you in AK.

advertisement
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I'm still 100% in and I'm planning for every possible problem I or we may encounter. I plan on taking care of my rig and my fellow expedition members as best I can. I'm continuing with all my up grades for this so special a trip of a lifetime and if with God's help I may do more then this one. The P500 has been some what over built bicous Honda and there grate wisdom to cot cost on the P500 used the same parts from the P700, making the that small yet extremely capable machine stronger than normal. So if there is another P500 rider out there that can with no fear o_Ojuin me on this trip of a lifetime. ;) make your self known :)

J

JTW

I get the sneaking suspicion.. call it a feeling if you will, I'm not wanted on the journey!?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm still 100% in and I'm planning for every possible problem I or we may encounter. I plan on taking care of my rig and my fellow expedition members as best I can. I'm continuing with all my up grades for this so special a trip of a lifetime and if with God's help I may do more then this one. The P500 has been some what over built bicous Honda and there grate wisdom to cot cost on the P500 used the same parts from the P700, making the that small yet extremely capable machine stronger than normal. So if there is another P500 rider out there that can with no fear o_Ojuin me on this trip of a lifetime. ;) make your self known :)
Now that's one awesome post right there!!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Look for a 2020 trip across Canada to the final frontier:rolleyes:

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're a cool dude Dp5.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dp5 that's great to hear. You always said you'd make it but didn't specify in what fashion. I truly think another 500 has to go with ya to make it easier between stops.

advertisement