Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That is very good to hear about Yellow Stone. If you all still want me to I will start working on a route from the north gate on to your destination. I am fairly familiar with the area. How much off highway are you willing to go on? Here is a rough verbal sketch of a possible route from the north gate to Saint Marie's.
From the north gate into Darby My then up to Lolo Mt then up to the LOLO Pass summit. From there to Avery Idaho is all unpaved mountain roads then down the Saint Joe river to Saint Marie's and on to Christmas Hills, which is pavement and down hill. If this route is acceptable to all I'll begin to get all the maps necessary and mark them for you. This is also the part of the route I would want to ride out and guide you all in.
That would be awesome!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sometime this summer or fall I will be going over into that area to scout possible back roads. I'll be talking to some local people to find out what they know. I am sure there are a lot of logging roads. That's where the forest service maps will be invaluable.
Perfect, that's the way to do it!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Received an email from Roberts county stating that if we're carrying legal firearms that aren't loaded there's no problem, and that we're permitted on roads with speed limits below 65. I'll print it and it will be in my file with me.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Received an email from Roberts county stating that if we're carrying legal firearms that aren't loaded there's no problem, and that we're permitted on roads with speed limits below 65. I'll print it and it will be in my file with me.
What state is this? SD right?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Received today!

IMG 2527

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think I need to install the license plate on the muffler spot. I'll check when I'm back in NM to be sure that the wiring will be ok.

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I need to install the license plate on the muffler spot. I'll check when I'm back in NM to be sure that the wiring will be ok.
Maybe use some hi-temp silicone to secure(glue) the wires to the back of the muffler guard. That would also add a layer of insulation as well as long as you completely encapsulated them.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is very good to hear about Yellow Stone. If you all still want me to I will start working on a route from the north gate on to your destination. I am fairly familiar with the area. How much off highway are you willing to go on? Here is a rough verbal sketch of a possible route from the north gate to Saint Marie's.
From the north gate into Darby My then up to Lolo Mt then up to the LOLO Pass summit. From there to Avery Idaho is all unpaved mountain roads then down the Saint Joe river to Saint Marie's and on to Christmas Hills, which is pavement and down hill. If this route is acceptable to all I'll begin to get all the maps necessary and mark them for you. This is also the part of the route I would want to ride out and guide you all in.
There is a back way up to xmas hills off of old river road. At least from Avery in it's all dirt except 1/2 mile stretch in tiny town of Calder. Crossing highway by the Big Eddy over the river onto Old River road should be used rather then the 25 mile pavement trip that runs directly into town of St.Maries of which last 2 miles is illegal to run on. Much quicker anyway
@Plumber32 is familiar with this area lol

Last edited:
Reactions: moparornocar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Any of you guys that have the Pioneer 1000-3 have any ideas for license plate placement? There's a spot on the muffler guard that appears to be made for it, but that is said to be quite a hot spot. It will be wired to the running lights, so I don't want it on the tailgate and have to worry about wiring when I open and close it, besides there's no real place for a plate on the tailgate as the P1000-5 has??? It's a mini 4x7 (motorcycle size) plate.

IMG 0966

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any of you guys that have the Pioneer 1000-3 have any ideas for license plate placement? There's a spot on the muffler guard that appears to be made for it, but that is said to be quite a hot spot. It will be wired to the running lights, so I don't want it on the tailgate and have to worry about wiring when I open and close it, besides there's no real place for a plate on the tailgate as the P1000-5 has??? It's a mini 4x7 (motorcycle size) plate.

View attachment 51915
@Montecresto
Are you dead set that it has to be at the rear of the vehicle?
Any reason you can't attach it to the rear bar of the ROPS with some conduit clamps? ( McMaster-Carr )
I am waiting for my title to be sent to my local title bureau, then change the body classification and put car plates on mine using the clamps from McMaster. As dumb as it sounds, when mine was inspected, the paperwork made no mention of the license plate being illuminated at dark.
I currently have my little plate attached to my tailgate using the plastic push pins. I am a -5 not a -3 though.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto
Are you dead set that it has to be at the rear of the vehicle?
Any reason you can't attach it to the rear bar of the ROPS with some conduit clamps? ( McMaster-Carr )
I am waiting for my title to be sent to my local title bureau, then change the body classification and put car plates on mine using the clamps from McMaster. As dumb as it sounds, when mine was inspected, the paperwork made no mention of the license plate being illuminated at dark.
I currently have my little plate attached to my tailgate using the plastic push pins. I am a -5 not a -3 though.
I personally wouldn't have a problem with it attached to the cage, and sense I'm going to be pulling a trailer, it would certainly be visible from the rear then. I just don't know if that's a legal placement. But, I'll ask about that. Thanks.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Err on the side of caution? State that you felt it has better visibility attached to the rear roll bars while towing. I think you would have to find on pissed off member of law enforcement to harass you about such a small detail.
I have been following along, and believe you are trying to cover your ass. I look forward to seeing what your research uncovers

advertisement