Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I checked with the vehicle license and they recommend that you purchase an off road plate and sticker. Cost is about$16.00. In the next few days I'll make it to the court house and get the contact information and more specific information for you all.
Thanks buddy!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I checked with the vehicle license and they recommend that you purchase an off road plate and sticker. Cost is about$16.00. In the next few days I'll make it to the court house and get the contact information and more specific information for you all.
Yep yep. I knew that buying the off road sticker was going to be prudent, even so we can drive our licensed pickups onto BLM/NFS roads/trails without purchasing an off road sticker, I'm not trusting of an overly zealous deputy dog forest ranger to understand this. Like I said yesterday, cheap insurance to have the off road stickers of the mountain states we travel thru. Thanks for checking Idaho for us @oldtrucks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Even though this is the email I received from idpr.idaho.gov stating that my home states off road sticker is sufficient, I'm buying Idaho's off road sticker anyway!

Non-Resident registered UTV operating on designated a USFS or BLM trail, open riding area, or motocross track
These are the requirements for operation of a currently and properly registered or numbered non-resident utility type vehicle (UTV) operating on a designated USFS or BLM trail, open riding area, or motocross track.
  • A current and properly registered or numbered utility type vehicle issued by the state of the owner’s residence. (67-7124)
  • A DOT (minimum) approved helmet for operators or passengers under the age of 18. (49-666)
  • Muffler at or below 96dB and a U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrestor. (67-7125)

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't get the s*** kicked out of you by a cop at some point in your life? Lol. My whole family is in first response, LEO aren't that bad as long as you're respectful.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Didn't get the s*** kicked out of you by a cop at some point in your life? Lol. My whole family is in first response, LEO aren't that bad as long as you're respectful.
We got stopped in Idaho this weekend with no plate tabs proof of ins paper work or license on persons with unregistered pistol on person. No big deal:) don't be too worried here

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nope, never had that happen to me, and I won't even begin to address LEO's in general, but again, $20.00-$30.00 is cheap insurance for an LEO or park ranger that doesn't fully understand all the laws within his jurisdiction. Maybe you've never had a ticket dismissed because an officer didn't understand the very laws that he's charged with enforcing, but I have, and I promise you it happens all across the country regularly.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, guns are permitted in Yellowstone National Park. Park visitors are able to openly carry legal handguns, rifles, shotguns and other firearms per a federal law approved by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama in February 2010. Concealed weapons are allowed by state statute.Oct 23, 2014

Imagine that. ;)

Can I Bring a Gun to Yellowstone?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We will be riding right thru the BNF, probably on highway 14, if so we're good just with our street licensing. An off-road sticker (which I will purchase) would be required if we use any of the forest roads. This is near the north central part of the state. Hwy 14 (2-lane) exits the west side of the BNF and goes directly into Cody and the eastern gateway to Yellowstone! Bighorn National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We will be riding right thru the BNF, probably on highway 14, if so we're good just with our street licensing. An off-road sticker (which I will purchase) would be required if we use any of the forest roads. This is near the north central part of the state. Hwy 14 (2-lane) exits the west side of the BNF and goes directly into Cody and the eastern gateway to Yellowstone! Bighorn National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping
Great news! Glad to hear that Yellowstone won't be an issue.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, guns are permitted in Yellowstone National Park. Park visitors are able to openly carry legal handguns, rifles, shotguns and other firearms per a federal law approved by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama in February 2010. Concealed weapons are allowed by state statute.Oct 23, 2014

Imagine that. ;)

Can I Bring a Gun to Yellowstone?
Good to hear.

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope, never had that happen to me, and I won't even begin to address LEO's in general, but again, $20.00-$30.00 is cheap insurance for an LEO or park ranger that doesn't fully understand all the laws within his jurisdiction. Maybe you've never had a ticket dismissed because an officer didn't understand the very laws that he's charged with enforcing, but I have, and I promise you it happens all across the country regularly.
Fair enough, I just get the impression you've got a chip on your shoulder regarding law enforcement. Just trying to figure out why is all.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Great news! Glad to hear that Yellowstone won't be an issue.
Regarding firearms, Yellowstone is no issue, it will be up to two weeks before I hear back from them as to whether or not they will allow us to enter the park on our SXS's however.

Reactions: moparornocar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Fair enough, I just get the impression you've got a chip on your shoulder regarding law enforcement. Just trying to figure out why is all.
Nope, no chip. If you call ten attorneys all with a law school degree and all having passed the bar exam, and ask them all the same legal question, you'll get ten different answers. Ask ten CPA's if such and such is a tax deduction, same thing. Call the IRS and ask a question, hang up and call back in ten minutes and ask the next person that answers the phone the same question; you'll get a different answer. Cops, park rangers, game wardens etc., are no different. I'm preparing myself for any eventuality that I can conceive of now, when it's easier to address than when I'm in the field. Historically, preparedness has been considered a virtue, maybe that's changing. :D:D:D

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope, no chip. If you call ten attorneys all with a law school degree and all having passed the bar exam, and ask them all the same legal question, you'll get ten different answers. Ask ten CPA's if such and such is a tax deduction, same thing. Call the IRS and ask a question, hang up and call back in ten minutes and ask the next person that answers the phone the same question; you'll get a different answer. Cops, park rangers, game wardens etc., are no different. I'm preparing myself for any eventuality that I can conceive of now, when it's easier to address than when I'm in the field. Historically, preparedness has been considered a virtue, maybe that's changing. :D:D:D
Nothing at all with being prepared. I'm glad you're doing some of this homework. Takes a little of the stress off of me. I appreciate it!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's funny!

advertisement