P500 p5 suspension

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks , I would really like to use the standards.........I think it will give it a better ride !

I'd like to try the standard on the rear but I can tell you that the HD don't give a harsh ride at all.The shock angle on the rear needs to be considered.
My riding buddies comment on how the rear suspension looks like it's working great during the ride.It hasn't given me any indication of being non compliant in any way.
I'd like to try the standard side by side with the HD , just to see,but I agree with jak9922 that the HD seem to be a great choice with no HD feel.

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

it wont the rear will wear to fast and you will have to replace the springs once the hd break it its an amazing ride even at low speeds
It looks like I will need to go with the HD , nobody has the standard in stock anyhow.

I will be adding new shock mounts on the rear , just like I did the fronts. I will slide the new ones inside the existing mounts and weld them in !

Reactions: CumminsPusher
C

Chooglin

I'd like to try the standard on the rear but I can tell you that the HD don't give a harsh ride at all.The shock angle on the rear needs to be considered.
My riding buddies comment on how the rear suspension looks like it's working great during the ride.It hasn't given me any indication of being non compliant in any way.
I'd like to try the standard side by side with the HD , just to see,but I agree with jak9922 that the HD seem to be a great choice with no HD feel.
Thanks for the input guys..........I will be going with the HD !

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking forward for pics and install.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
you will have to cut/trim out the factory mounts or they wont fit

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
i dont belive it moved to far out u push the a-arm to far down in closer you hit exhaust if you move in down to miss the stock bracket you increase the angle which causes even more pressure which would be more reason to get the hd springs so what am i missing @Chooglin i did alot if research then test fitting before i did my build by all means if you found something better do share please

C

Chooglin

Very crude drawing , but this should give you a good idea how I will do this !
20161025 202922
Doing the back will actually be esier than the front was !

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
so you think u can use stock uppers with new lower on the rear?

advertisement
C

Chooglin

so you think u can use stock uppers with new lower on the rear?
Yes that's the plan !..........it should give me the same angle whether I move the top Mount or the bottom mount !

The bottom mount will be much easier to move !

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
no diameter of the shock and length you have to move the uppers alot more to fit them room permits on the lower with out risk of rubbing the tire

C

Chooglin

Let me get the new mounts and It will be easier to show you how it can be done.

The tire shouldn't rub , even without the 1.00" spacers I have on !

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Yes that's the plan !..........it should give me the same angle whether I move the top Mount or the bottom mount !

The bottom mount will be much easier to move !

That looks like a great idea but I dont know if you've got the room to move? Wheel spacers?
The top hole is a long way over from the original hole (well you can see half of it where the original mount was)
20160910 200515

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Let me get the new mounts and It will be easier to show you how it can be done.

The tire shouldn't rub , even without the 1.00" spacers I have on !

I just measured the distance from original mount hole to new mount hole on my p5,
its 3 1\4"

That would bring bottom mount out to mounting bolt for outer hub area

Its definitely will be close...might take wheel spacers to make it work ...might not

sure would simplify the rear shocks if it does ! :)

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Hell I might be wrong about this , but from what I can tell (without having the new shock in hand ) it should be no problem !

The progressive rear shocks are 15 1/2" at full stroke correct ?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Hell I might be wrong about this , but from what I can tell (without having the new shock in hand ) it should be no problem !

The progressive rear shocks are 15 1/2" at full stroke correct ?
yes eye to eye

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
you also have to think about compression it might hit?

advertisement