P500 p5 suspension

C

Chooglin

im excited to hear how u like them remember they will be stiff at first going slow but they break in pretty fast and ride amazing
I wanted to take it for a ride so badly but with the rain coming down , I want to get new paint on it first !

Reactions: jak9922
C

Chooglin

Went for a 15 minute ride through the woods today.

I was driving pretty hard , just to get the feel for how well these new shocks take the bumps.I have to say, they felt real good

They really made a difference in the ride , but now I can really notice how crappy those rear shocks are.when you hit a bump or dip , the front handles it great but the rear tends to bounce/buck.I think I am going to put the stock front shocks in the rear , just for s***s and giggles and see how it feels !

Totally worth the time and money to do this mod !

C

Chooglin

Question for @jak9922 & @chrisC , does it seem like the steering is much easier after this shock mod ? It feels much better to me , am I crazy or do you guys agree with me ?

Reactions: jak9922
chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Question for @jak9922 & @chrisC , does it seem like the steering is much easier after this shock mod ? It feels much better to me , am I crazy or do you guys agree with me ?

I found it about the same I guess.Then again it is easier to steer if your not being bounced off the seat ! My next planned mod is power steering.Navigating among the rocks and stumps on rough trails wears me out. The last piece of the puzzle.
Overall the mod that does the most for me is the improved suspension. Completely changes the experience.

advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not even hunting, stuck at the hospital , on call every weekend . Good to have a friend with a farm on the edge of town, so went after work before sundawn and smacked one deer doe :) , now work until November 10 then will mod , hunt , etc

ChrisC, have you though about fabricating your own full cab for P500?

Reactions: Chooglin
chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not even hunting, stuck at the hospital , on call every weekend . Good to have a friend with a farm on the edge of town, so went after work before sundawn and smacked one deer doe :) , now work until November 10 then will mod , hunt , etc

ChrisC, have you though about fabricating your own full cab for P500?
20160124 214012
I bought full cab at dealership when purchasing. wanted to make sure it all worked together for when i installed heater.
Has anyone made a 500 cab?

C

Chooglin

@jak9922 do they offer the progressive REAR shocks that are not heavy duty............I can't find them in standard anywhere !

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
you want the hd because of the angle you have to mount them puts extra pressure on the springs i ride hard and carry good weight and im already adjusted half up on preload granted i usually ride with 100lbs on the rack including the box

C

Chooglin

you want the hd because of the angle you have to mount them puts extra pressure on the springs i ride hard and carry good weight and im already adjusted half up on preload granted i usually ride with 100lbs on the rack including the box
Ok thanks

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@jak9922 do they offer the progressive REAR shocks that are not heavy duty............I can't find them in standard anywhere !
Yes they have 425 standard , just change number from 3 to 2 at the end of part number for the shock. Just very low stock, carid.com has them for 250$ a pair but out of stock now

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

C

Chooglin

Thanks , I would really like to use the standards.........I think it will give it a better ride !

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Thanks , I would really like to use the standards.........I think it will give it a better ride !
it wont the rear will wear to fast and you will have to replace the springs once the hd break it its an amazing ride even at low speeds

advertisement