Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did one pump to Okinawa. Loved it there. Wouldn't mind going back on vacation. Oki was great because we basically just worked out every day and then drank beer on the beach.
We flew into Oki but was only there an hour or so. Long enough to find out they don't like being called Japanese lol. They was quick to let me know they was Okinawan and NOT Japanese lol. Kinda testy bout it too

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me guess...you got tired of fixing starter issue on the virago?? I been wrenching on them for going on 30 yrs. I'm quite familiar with the planetary gear reduction starter on those. What a pos. That reminds me, I owned an 85 virago 700 but only for a couple weeks. It was a flip lol. Nice resume btw. You owned some great ones.

Starter, yep and could never get the carbs right. Hated that thing. And yep the Honda was shaft drive and had the hi-lo. Low was worthless though, it was so low the bike would bunny hop damn near if you goosed it in anything lower than 4th

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Starter, yep and could never get the carbs right. Hated that thing. And yep the Honda was shaft drive and had the hi-lo. Low was worthless though, it was so low the bike would bunny hop damn near if you goosed it in anything lower than 4th
I didn't know that about low. Guess it's a good thing I never picked one up. I just like rare ones but never owned one. Got a good friend with a cb1100f supersport that is a one or two year only bike (can't remember). It's an 83 I believe. 1188 big bore, Keihin Cr smooth bores, headwork, megacycle cams. She's stout for her age. But it does have that 80s stator problem. Still a gorgeous bike.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't know that about low. Guess it's a good thing I never picked one up. I just like rare ones but never owned one. Got a good friend with a cb1100f supersport that is a one or two year only bike (can't remember). It's an 83 I believe. 1188 big bore, Keihin Cr smooth bores, headwork, megacycle cams. She's stout for her age. But it does have that 80s stator problem. Still a gorgeous bike.

The low range was kind of nice for skipping around in the city, just mostly unnecessary, and shaft drive bikes are kinda wonky like that anyway. It was definitely a smooth runner though.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The guy with the 1100ss has 2 brothers that both own cbx's. How rare is that? Lol. Love em but don't ever get talked into doing carb work on one. Gotta yank the exhaust and lower top of motor just to pull them. And they are in a V shape so hard as heck to get them back in the boots. One has a kerker 6into1 and is one sweet sounding old girl. For race bikes I've only had 2. First was a cbr1000f hurricane. Best et was a 6.50 flat in 1/8th. Sold it and got the cbr900rr. Best et was a 5.89 with a 60shot. Then I dropped a 1100xx blackbird motor in it and went 6.14 with bone stock motor. I'll see if I can find a pic of her.

advertisement
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
But, keeping up with the thread, I just placed an order for 4 wet sounds 6.5 and amp. Going to mount two down low somewhere and 2 up high in 4 inch pvc with caps to make tower speakers. We will see how they turn out later this week.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But, keeping up with the thread, I just placed an order for 4 wet sounds 6.5 and amp. Going to mount two down low somewhere and 2 up high in 4 inch pvc with caps to make tower speakers. We will see how they turn out later this week.
Wow that sounds like an awesome setup. Be sure and post pics, would love to see it. Tunes just ain't enough priority for me to drop that kinda cash. Now a grand on wheels and tires? No problem lol. Music? Meh, 200 bucks is it lol. I miss my girl. Haven't rode her in couple weeks now. Ain't even tried out my new mud busters. Okay, back to the original theme....old bikes you've known and loved lmao.

Reactions: KevinSC
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I had fun while I was in, and if we didn't have our current pres I would still be in.
We ain't had a pres since Ronald Reagan. The entire Corps was behind him from what I seen. I would've re-up'd but no bonus and only station they'd give me was Lejeune. I had enough of the swamp. Since they cleaned up Court Street, it really went downhill. I drove through there couple years ago and it was nothing but banks, churches, and non-profit groups lol. Gone forever are the pawn shops, bars, tattoo parlors, and ladies of questionable upbringing lol. You know, the stuff that made being a jarhead worth it lol.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
We ain't had a pres since Ronald Reagan. The entire Corps was behind him from what I seen. I would've re-up'd but no bonus and only station they'd give me was Lejeune. I had enough of the swamp. Since they cleaned up Court Street, it really went downhill. I drove through there couple years ago and it was nothing but banks, churches, and non-profit groups lol. Gone forever are the pawn shops, bars, tattoo parlors, and ladies of questionable upbringing lol. You know, the stuff that made being a jarhead worth it lol.
Lol yea I remember the days when we lived for the bars and fights and the bars lived because of us. There was always one ugly duckling in the bar with 10 to 20 guys fighting over her. On a druuuunk night she was a 3 and had pick of the litter. :D

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The guy with the 1100ss has 2 brothers that both own cbx's. How rare is that? Lol. Love em but don't ever get talked into doing carb work on one. Gotta yank the exhaust and lower top of motor just to pull them. And they are in a V shape so hard as heck to get them back in the boots. One has a kerker 6into1 and is one sweet sounding old girl. For race bikes I've only had 2. First was a cbr1000f hurricane. Best et was a 6.50 flat in 1/8th. Sold it and got the cbr900rr. Best et was a 5.89 with a 60shot. Then I dropped a 1100xx blackbird motor in it and went 6.14 with bone stock motor. I'll see if I can find a pic of her.
Here's my 900 not long after doing motor swap.
900RRforsale039

Doing what she did best at Huntsville dragway.

IMG 0604 0441

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Wow that sounds like an awesome setup. Be sure and post pics, would love to see it. Tunes just ain't enough priority for me to drop that kinda cash. Now a grand on wheels and tires? No problem lol. Music? Meh, 200 bucks is it lol. I miss my girl. Haven't rode her in couple weeks now. Ain't even tried out my new mud busters. Okay, back to the original theme....old bikes you've known and loved lmao.
I have had wet sounds in everything I've owned. My two year old gets in and says where's the music so by golly she will have music.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had wet sounds in everything I've owned. My two year old gets in and says where's the music so by golly she will have music.
I know exactly what you mean there. What baby girl wants, baby girl gets lol. Wife was at Honda dealer yesterday getting herself a helmet and my 6yr old spotted a 170 RZR she wants. So I may be getting one of those soon lol. I'm gonna try and talk some sense into her lol.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I know exactly what you mean there. What baby girl wants, baby girl gets lol. Wife was at Honda dealer yesterday getting herself a helmet and my 6yr old spotted a 170 RZR she wants. So I may be getting one of those soon lol. I'm gonna try and talk some sense into her lol.
Yea I have looked at those for my 4 year old and 2 year old. I figure it's safer than a 4wheeler.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol yea I remember the days when we lived for the bars and fights and the bars lived because of us. There was always one ugly duckling in the bar with 10 to 20 guys fighting over her. On a druuuunk night she was a 3 and had pick of the litter. :D
Lol heck yeah. It was like that in Korea with Team Spirit. We could always tell when a ship came in or new guys showed up in Osan. All the pretty ones suddenly disappeared lol

Reactions: KevinSC
advertisement