P1000 Need some help with tunes

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
So I decided to buy this same system after mulling it around for a while. Got it today and set it up on the bench like delton did, this thing thing rocks!!
I am interested to see where you choose to mount the speakers. I have the 3 seater, so I think I am going to mount them to the lower rear bar, just to the outside of each head rest. I also plan to mount the amp under the hood, on top of the dash cubby hole, using two sided tape. The remote will be mounted to the warning plate area next to my switches.
Won't actually be able to do anything until next week. Will post some pics once I get it set up.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I decided to buy this same system after mulling it around for a while. Got it today and set it up on the bench like delton did, this thing thing rocks!!
I am interested to see where you choose to mount the speakers. I have the 3 seater, so I think I am going to mount them to the lower rear bar, just to the outside of each head rest. I also plan to mount the amp under the hood, on top of the dash cubby hole, using two sided tape. The remote will be mounted to the warning plate area next to my switches.
Won't actually be able to do anything until next week. Will post some pics once I get it set up.
That little sucker will surprise ya won't it? Alot louder and clearer than it looks. I'm debating speaker locations also. I'm afraid it'll be too loud right behind my headrest. I like your idea of amp location. We were told today we might get off sunday and Monday so might get to install this weekend if I feel like it. I've already worked 88hrs so far this week with at least 24 more to go lol. This old man is sucking hind tit big-time lol

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I miss my 82 nighthawk, ice only owned one bike that wasn't a 70s or 80s 4 cylinder. And that was a mean streak 1500. Favorite though was my gs750

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I miss my 82 nighthawk, ice only owned one bike that wasn't a 70s or 80s 4 cylinder. And that was a mean streak 1500. Favorite though was my gs750
I know exactly what you mean man. Our first bike together was a 80 kz750. She was a lil ragged looking but ran like new. We rode that thing everywhere. Then sold it to get 83 750 shadow. Course I ended up with one of many with reg/rec problem. Sold it over 8 yrs ago. Those old inline were awesome. I've owned a kz1000, cb500, and xs1100 back in single days. Gotta admit I absolutely love my Vulcan. It's so comfortable, smooth engine, and even shifts smooth as glass. First Kawi I ever owned that shifted smooth lol. I almost bought a nighthawk before this one. I had wife hooking up trailer to go get an hour away( this was during my 9day stretch at work). I called her and told her to never mind. So glad I did. We going to ride blue ridge Pkwy and deals gap (dragons tail) monday. 130 miles of nothing but mountains and Twisties. It's my birthday present but she will enjoy it as much or more than me.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I know exactly what you mean man. Our first bike together was a 80 kz750. She was a lil ragged looking but ran like new. We rode that thing everywhere. Then sold it to get 83 750 shadow. Course I ended up with one of many with reg/rec problem. Sold it over 8 yrs ago. Those old inline were awesome. I've owned a kz1000, cb500, and xs1100 back in single days. Gotta admit I absolutely love my Vulcan. It's so comfortable, smooth engine, and even shifts smooth as glass. First Kawi I ever owned that shifted smooth lol. I almost bought a nighthawk before this one. I had wife hooking up trailer to go get an hour away( this was during my 9day stretch at work). I called her and told her to never mind. So glad I did. We going to ride blue ridge Pkwy and deals gap (dragons tail) monday. 130 miles of nothing but mountains and Twisties. It's my birthday present but she will enjoy it as much or more than me.

I have a restored 1975 Honda CB 360!! Does that count!! It's just a little guy!!) My boys love riding on it!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a restored 1975 Honda CB 360!! Does that count!! It's just a little guy!!) My boys love riding on it!
Heck yeah it counts! Those things are awesome. It's basically the same as my ole cb500 twin. I rode mine from camp Lejeune to Fayetteville, NC once. Probably why I have back trouble now lol. That seat was like sitting on a cinder block lol. Post a pic, would love to see it.

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! My first was an 82 kz 440 then a GS 750, kz 650 Cb 750 nighthawk, cb900 custom, 84 Zn 700, an 85 virago 750. Hated that one. And the mean streak. Next in line is the beautiful white Indian at the Honda dealer here.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Heck yeah it counts! Those things are awesome. It's basically the same as my ole cb500 twin. I rode mine from camp Lejeune to Fayetteville, NC once. Probably why I have back trouble now lol. That seat was like sitting on a cinder block lol. Post a pic, would love to see it.

That bike never stops running!!! I had a guy at work who is big into bikes tell me after it sat for more than 8-months in my shed that there is no way it would start and run without a carb rebuild....so I kindly laughed went over to it and had it purring in a minute and drove it to dinner that night!!!) She's a little dirty right now....

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Camp Lejeune? No chance you are a jarhead, is there?

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 19168 View attachment 19169 View attachment 19168

That bike never stops running!!! I had a guy at work who is big into bikes tell me after it sat for more than 8-months in my shed that there is no way it would start and run without a carb rebuild....so I kindly laughed went over to it and had it purring in a minute and drove it to dinner that night!!!) She's a little dirty right now....
Wow that is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! My first was an 82 kz 440 then a GS 750, kz 650 Cb 750 nighthawk, cb900 custom, 84 Zn 700, an 85 virago 750. Hated that one. And the mean streak. Next in line is the beautiful white Indian at the Honda dealer here.
Let me guess...you got tired of fixing starter issue on the virago?? I been wrenching on them for going on 30 yrs. I'm quite familiar with the planetary gear reduction starter on those. What a pos. That reminds me, I owned an 85 virago 700 but only for a couple weeks. It was a flip lol. Nice resume btw. You owned some great ones.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did your 900 have the hi/low tranny? Always wanted one of those. I was offered a one year only 1000 custom but price was too steep. I drove a 750 with automatic once. That was a experience to say the least lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Semper Fi, brother! Active from 95-99. Always nice to come across a member of the same gun club.
Cool man! What was your mos? 3521 here. Mechanic.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool man! What was your mos? 3521 here. Mechanic.
I also had a secondary as 0411 (at least I think that's the number). MIMMS clerk. Which is still funny cause my last name is Mims lmao.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
0313. I was with 3D LAR out of 29 Palms.
Cool. Never made it to the desert. Spent 10 days at Pendleton getting out after got back from Iwakuni. Except for it being in Japan, that was great duty station. Wing guys don't do squat and don't follow hardly any regs. You could walk around all day with your hands in your pocket (I never did though).

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool. Never made it to the desert. Spent 10 days at Pendleton getting out after got back from Iwakuni. Except for it being in Japan, that was great duty station. Wing guys don't do squat and don't follow hardly any regs. You could walk around all day with your hands in your pocket (I never did though).

I did one pump to Okinawa. Loved it there. Wouldn't mind going back on vacation. Oki was great because we basically just worked out every day and then drank beer on the beach.

Reactions: Delton and sharp
advertisement