Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's time to add some music to my riding, but I'm way behind the times when it comes to stereos. A CD player is as advanced as I've ever been lol. I have free music downloads with Amazon prime so I was thinking a bluetooth system would work great. I can just connect it to my phone to play music right? Can anyone suggest a system for me? Since music isn't really high on my priority list, I'm only willing to spend a couple hundred bucks. Sound quality isn't that important either so no need for booming bass or anything like that. There are tons of systems on Amazon but no idea which one to get. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: drfubar
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's time to add some music to my riding, but I'm way behind the times when it comes to stereos. A CD player is as advanced as I've ever been lol. I have free music downloads with Amazon prime so I was thinking a bluetooth system would work great. I can just connect it to my phone to play music right? Can anyone suggest a system for me? Since music isn't really high on my priority list, I'm only willing to spend a couple hundred bucks. Sound quality isn't that important either so no need for booming bass or anything like that. There are tons of systems on Amazon but no idea which one to get. Any help would be appreciated.
I went with the Wetsounds stelth 6. It's mostly made for ski boats and it's waterproof, it also is Bluetooth so you can pair it with your phone. A little pricy though.

Reactions: Plumber32
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I went with the Wetsounds stealth 6 also and I am very happy with it. Waterproof and appears to made really robust!! It went through a direct tree hit to front of pioneer at 45mph and didn't bug from its mount! Pioneer totaled....Wetsounds still good....me, still recovering!:p
They are a little pricey but they do work well and don't distort at high volume but does lack some bass.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It ain't that I'm cheap, I just can't justify 5 or 6 hundred bucks for a system. It's just not that important to me. 1100 for a roof and windshield, 1000 for tires/rims, 400 for a bumper?? No problem. But for music, 200 is about my max lol. Thanks for the recommendations though

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Delton get ahold of doug bowen at sxs audio he will fix you up great guys to deal with and wount sell you something you dont need
I have pics and a short vid if I can ever get them from phone to computer HaHa check them out SxS audio.com

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Delton get ahold of doug bowen at sxs audio he will fix you up great guys to deal with and wount sell you something you dont need
I have pics and a short vid if I can ever get them from phone to computer HaHa check them out SxS audio.com
I got something should be here tomorrow. If it isn't what I want I'll give them a shout. It'll be a couple weeks before I have time to hook it up though.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
they are great guys they have a lot of rzr stuff out there but they can build anything you need I will post pics and vid as soon as I can get my phone to work with me HaHa

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
they are great guys they have a lot of rzr stuff out there but they can build anything you need I will post pics and vid as soon as I can get my phone to work with me HaHa
They sound like the real deal. Also sound expensive for my tastes lol. Ghe system I got coming was right at my limit 200 bucks. It's just not that important. Plus I've been pondering buying another bike. If the wife ends up on weekend shift with me, we will have plenty of time to ride during the week.

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
They sound like the real deal. Also sound expensive for my tastes lol. Ghe system I got coming was right at my limit 200 bucks. It's just not that important. Plus I've been pondering buying another bike. If the wife ends up on weekend shift with me, we will have plenty of time to ride during the week.
Soooo....what kind of bike are you pondering on buying?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Soooo....what kind of bike are you pondering on buying?
Thats a darn good question. My bad back says no 50yr old needs a crotch rocket so those days are gone I guess. So it's between a cruiser or old school inline 4. I've wanted a Nighthawk 750 since they first came out. Comfortable, economical, and still pretty fast. Plus I could tear that motor down and put in a piston kit, degree the cams, and put a back cut on the window gears in that tranny in my sleep lol. Also looking at a V-twin. Either a Shadow, V-star, or a Vulcan.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My stereo came!! Of course I had to run out and hook it up to my jump box first thing lol. Wow I'm pleasantly surprised! It's loud and has great clarity. I was gonna mount speakers on overhead rollbar behind my head but that's not a good idea lol. Well worth 200 bucks IMO. As you can tell by looking at my welding table, I've got a ton of stuff to install lol. I'll only get one day off between now and Monday after next. Gonna be a long 2 weeks lol. Good news is I'll earn enough for a bike just off this week alone. Leaving next week's check for goodies for the Pioneer. Now what else does she need?? Hmmm......
IMG 20160628 192100539 800x450

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks like a good buy! Can't wait to see your install

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
and don't forget to show us the bike.

I have a V-Star AND a Nighthawk.
Wow seriously? Guess that makes us kindred spirits or something lol. Both of us liking the same bikes lol.

advertisement