P1000 Need Front Shock Loan

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
20170120 160834

Stopped by to visit @nbomar today to see these sweet Elka's. Hoping we can get out Sunday and put um through the test.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 31435
Stopped by to visit @nbomar today to see these sweet Elka's. Hoping we can get out Sunday and put um through the test.
I added another inch or so to the spring preload on mine to give it more compression travel... I also toned down the rebound in the rear about 5 clicks...
looking forward to the review!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just got my rears in. Those self-leveling shocks are heavy - alot more than the Elkas.

Hey @nbomar - when you did this...
View attachment 31453

... did you you do that?
View attachment 31454
@nbomar is laying low of social media for the next week. He knew I wanted those exact shocks so he made sure to flip me some crap on those and the nice weather lol. Says they feel nice but hasn't had a chance to beat them up yet

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I asked my wife what facebook is cause maybe I would check out the honda site there.
She said I dont need to join another site cause this one is costing enough and giving me too many ideas. Whatever does she mean?

Also - I looked facebook thru her account. What a piece of crap - why the h3ll is it so popular?

J

JTW

I asked my wife what facebook is cause maybe I would check out the honda site there.
She said I dont need to join another site cause this one is costing enough and giving me too many ideas. Whatever does she mean?

Also - I looked facebook thru her account. What a piece of crap - why the h3ll is it so popular?
It's how I keep up with old friends and make new enemies!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@nbomar is laying low of social media for the next week. He knew I wanted those exact shocks so he made sure to flip me some crap on those and the nice weather lol. Says they feel nice but hasn't had a chance to beat them up yet

So I can definitely tell I have different shocks. We took a trail that the month after we bought the Honda it about beat us to death and it wasn't bad at all this weekend. I also didn't bottom out at all the whole weekend. I didn't push it super hard being that I already had a bent tie rod and the wife and dog in the back don't like jumping very much. I did manage to get a few jumps in and it handled great. My final results (so far) are if you push your ride hard the shocks are well worth it. If you don't ride hard, save your money they aren't worth it. It will never be a long travel Rzr but this is a good conciliation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I can definitely tell I have different shocks. We took a trail that the month after we bought the Honda it about beat us to death and it wasn't bad at all this weekend. I also didn't bottom out at all the whole weekend. I didn't push it super hard being that I already had a bent tie rod and the wife and dog in the back don't like jumping very much. I did manage to get a few jumps in and it handled great. My final results (so far) are if you push your ride hard the shocks are well worth it. If you don't ride hard, save your money they aren't worth it. It will never be a long travel Rzr but this is a good conciliation.

I'm in, already told my wife what i'm going to do, she didn't raise an eyebrow. So that means OK. Push it hard, I didn't know there was any other way.Great pup, I meet her Sat. Man wish I could have met you, according to the rest of the group, I didn't miss much, HA! Just kidding GREAT BUNCH

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in, already told my wife what i'm going to do, she didn't raise an eyebrow. So that means OK. Push it hard, I didn't know there was any other way.Great pup, I meet her Sat. Man wish I could have met you, according to the rest of the group, I didn't miss much, HA! Just kidding GREAT BUNCH

If you met my dog and my wife you definitely go the best part of me... (minus the two girls I have). Haha I passed you coming into mulberry.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I work in Springdale, do you work in Springdale, if so I would like to take you to lunch. Our close.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I work in Springdale, do you work in Springdale, if so I would like to take you to lunch. Our close.

Occasionally. I live in Springdale and work in rogers, tulsa, and okc... depends on the day.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I sold Tim my shorty roof and gave him the Honda A arm guards, he was in the blue truck behind me. He is happy, so am I, lost my butt on them, but they will be of good use, not sitting my shop gathering dust.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sold Tim my shorty roof and gave him the Honda A arm guards, he was in the blue truck behind me. He is happy, so am I, lost my butt on them, but they will be of good use, not sitting my shop gathering dust.

That's what it's about! I've sold some things for cheaper than I should too but I consider myself fortunate to be able to go out and do one of the things I love and will gladly help a fellow rider.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's what it's about! I've sold some things for cheaper than I should too but I consider myself fortunate to be able to go out and do one of the things I love and will gladly help a fellow rider.

Yep, Yep, Yep!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you met my dog and my wife you definitely go the best part of me... (minus the two girls I have). Haha I passed you coming into mulberry.

On the HWY or trail?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pulling into the driveway of mulberry. We were headed to buy new tires and a tie rod. Made it back around 11:50 from Springdale and rode around 40 miles that day

advertisement